Friday, May 20, 2022

Friday Smiles 473: photo overload

 

Today is Friday and I'm joining Friday Smiles which is hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time).   Let's visit her and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.  I told you last week I had hoped to finish my herb garden and show photos.

It was early morning.  I was out taking photos of my herbs when I saw a lovely American robin.

I chased it all over the back yard with my camera.




Then it was time to get back on task.

As promised, 

I have all my currently available pots cleaned

and filled with either herbs or seeds.
 
I have added space by using my old tea cart.

It freed up space on my table.  Herbs on the table are lemon grass, dill, and cilantro.

Note I have brought my chiminea out.  However, with the extreme heat we have experienced the past two weeks, I won't be using it anytime soon.

These plants on the blue roll around table overwintered indoors.  They look rather sad.

Once I use (or put away) all the potting soil, I think I'm going to like this look.  It will never be beautiful like my friend Divers and Sundry's fabulous patio, but it looks better than it did last year.

Fennel and dill are in the pots on the tea cart.  Note the old blue table in the background.

It's my next project.

Then cleaning up around the shed will be after that.

My final project in the back yard will be moving the plastic bookcase and covering my compost pile.

I fear the Hot and Spicy oregano has been replaced with dill.  Not sure how that happened.

Please don't ask why I purchased a catnip plant when I still have seeds from last year.  The plant on the left is new, the one on the right overwintered inside.

Basil seeds, already starting to sprout, are in this pot.

My friend Sally purchased a cantaloupe and I asked her to save the seeds.  They grow larger every day.

In this pot are two

tarragon plants: one from the garden center and one from herb day.

Good grief.  I have thousands of oregano seeds and yet, I bought another, albeit different, oregano plant.  This one is variegated.

My lavender seems healthy, at least so far.

My licorice plant is doing well.
 
Sunflower and wildflower seeds are planted in this pot.

This pot holds thyme.  The internet tells me to plant it in a clay pot, so I did.

Believe it or not, this is my chocolate mint that overwintered outside.  I have never known anyone to kill mint, but I seem to have lost TWO types this year.  I am not getting rid of it until I am certain it is really truly dead!

My lamb's ear is looking good.

I purchased some purple sage on herb day.

The one mint that overwintered outside

and the other that didn't survive.

Yet another oregano plant.

Two different types of sweet marjoram. 

Two sage plants, one from herb day and one from the garden center.

And finally, more cilantro/coriander.

I'll leave you with a view as the sun comes up over my back yard.

That's it for me today.  There will be no funnies, since this post is too long already.  Thanks for visiting and spending a bit of time with Bleubeard and me this Friday.  Now PLEASE visit Annie and don't forget to start your weekend with a smile.


19 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Lots of work - and lots of deliciousness ahead. Well done you.

mamapez5 said...

You have worked hard on that Elizabeth so I hope you are rewarded with some lovely fragrant herbs.
I didn't know America has a robin, different from ours but it is a lovely bird. I love the dappled sun in your evening photo. Well done on a good week's work. Kate x

Annie said...

Wow. You have had a busy week. I hope they all grom and reward you for your efforts. I love the photos of the American robin...so differenf to ours but very pretty.
Hugs,
Annie x

CJ Kennedy said...

You have been very busy and your herb garden and patio space looks great.

My name is Erika. said...

You've been busy. It's looking great. I can't wait to see what the herb garden looks like once everything grows in your pots. And I also hope you share as you continue your clean up. Happy Friday.hugs-Erika

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gosh Elizabeth another busy week gardening! That's a very pretty bird but very different from the robins we know. Have a lovely weekend my friend. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

Mae Travels said...

You must make some really delicious meals with all those delightful flavors in your herb garden! I wonder why they say to use clay pots for thyme — ours is planted in the ground, in hopes that it will become a ground cover.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Gene Black said...

We have seen many robins in my mother's yard. I think they like the oak trees around her place.

Your herb garden looks lovely. I keep saying that I am going to grow herbs, but I have yet to start. At this point I would need to get starter plants.

Sandra Cox said...

Look at that darling robin and those wondrous herbs.
Enjoy your weekend, dear Elizabeth.

Valerie-Jael said...

Well, you certainly have enough herbs, hope they all grow well and strong. My lavender and sage are starting to grow, too, I thought they were dead, but apparently not. Have a great Friday, hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

Awww, how sweet of you to mention me :) I love your space; you have so _much_ space! And so many herbs. That tea cart is a great place for those pots. I've quit using clay pots, since they don't over-winter outside. I wish I could give mine to you, but they're too heavy to mail lol This is when I wish I lived close enough to come by and spend some time with you in person, enjoying your pretty yard. I've had mint die, but it did live this year. I only keep spearmint. I realize reading your post that I don't have sage at all. I should remedy that!

I do really enjoy your garden posts. They can't be too long or photo-heavy to suit me ;)

Lisca said...

What a beautiful robin! I have never seen anything like it! So colorful! He must have liked you that he posed for you so nicely.
Wow, what a lot of herbs! Most of them are really doing well. You have worked very hard and i must say your yard looks really neat now. The white table looks good.
What are you going to do with the blue table?
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

da tabbies o trout towne said...

your garden is coming along very nicely Elizabeth and the wagon cart is the best !!! :)

happee week end two ewe bleu N squiggles....cauz trubull :) ♥♥

da tabbies o trout towne said...

hello bleu and squiggles frum cyburr space ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serena Lewis said...

A gorgeous American Robin! You sound like me with a camera. I do the same when I spot something. hehe

Good luck with the herb garden. I've tried to grow herb gardens over the years but never seem to have much luck. Maybe it's time to try again. You certainly have a great selection. No rosemary?

I love the last pic of the sun through the trees.

This post made me smile. Thank you. x

Jeanie said...

My tarragon and lavender didn't make it this year. I'm in awe of your garden -- it's going great guns and everything is looking very good! Well done, Elizabeth!

Nicole/DVAtist/Beadwright said...

Wow Elizabeth, your yard and garden are looking amazing. Great shots of the Robin too. Have a lovely Friday.

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow, so many good things to see.
Well done.

All the best Jan

Rita said...

You have sure ben busy!
Everything looks great. :)