Monday, January 17, 2022

T Stands For More Thanks

 

Today we are at my kitchen table because the light in the dining room is even worse than this room.  I have lots and lots to show today, so I hope no one gets bored.

It appears the mail person saved all the cards and letters for last Saturday, because that was the day I received every one of them, one of which took over 15 days to arrive from the eastern part of the U.S..
 
Also part of the stack is a teabag holder I picked up for myself at The Spice Merchant.  They had their spring collection on display, so I got something useful for myself that looked a bit like spring.  But I digress.

Lisca loves to see the stamps people send and so do I.  Unfortunately, the first, sent by Caty in Spain

and the one below it, sent by Lyn (Spyder) are metered.
 
The next one comes from Lisca, who sent many wonderful stamps on her envelope.
 
Next is the beautiful stamp of the wise men from Chris, who we know as pearshaped crafting Chris.

Below that is the forever Santa in a sleigh stamp sent by my dear friend Patty, who has now gone to Instagram, where I can't seem to visit.

Back to the teabag holder I purchased at the Spice Merchant.  It was an impulse buy.

I actually went to buy a gift for a friend, but because she might visit my blog, I'm not sharing the tea I bought until I know she has it.
 
First up is this beautiful card sent by Patty.  She sent a very personal note with it.  The card was created by Misty Mawn, and will be going on my table of revolving art.  Patty also sent these wonderful stamps to go with it.  Thank you beyond belief Patty.  I wish you were still blogging, because some people don't know Patty was the one who convinced me to take over T Stands For Tuesday!

Next is this gorgeous card hand stamped and colored by Chris.  I wish you could see the sparkle from the gold flecks of paint.

She also sent these adorable little dolls, one of which appears to be Charlie Chaplin and one Frida.  How sweet.  Thank you SO much for your kindness and consideration, Chris.

Next is this stunning beauty from Lisca.  Isn't it a real gem?  Lots of glitz and lots of layers.

A close up of the ball.

I had to laugh at what Lisca wrote.  Frugal, like me!  I love it.
 
 Lots of great goodies arrived with the card, too.  Thank you very, very much, dear Lisca. 

Look!  Lisca included a drink reference, too!  Thanks again, Lisca.
 
This was sent by Spyder.  I was blown away by this gorgeous beauty.  Lots of glitz and glitter, and a ROCKING HORSE, too.

Such a beauty.

Dimensional, too.  Layer upon beautiful layer.  But that wasn't all.

Lyn also sent the dies so I can recreate this wonderful beauty myself.  Lyn, you have NO idea how happy both the card and dies make me.  Thank you so very much.

Last, but certainly not least, is this absolutely stunning handmade card by Caty.  All the glitter and beauty she created.  I love it, Caty.  Thank you.

She also sent some beautiful images I can use to make my own cards.  How sweet and considerate.  Thank you so very much Caty.  I love it all.

I am so in awe of all the thoughtfulness of you, my dear friends.  Each of you has touched my heart and I am very grateful to each of you.

Now it's time to please share your favorite drink with us this week.  When you do, we'll be by to visit.  Remember the rules are simple.  A drink, any drink can be represented by art (digital, hybrid, or traditional), a cup, mug, teapot, etc.  Maybe you'll share a scrapbook page, or a favorite movie or book that focuses on a drink.  Maybe it will be something in a magazine.  And drinks don't have to be water, coffee, or tea.  You can always go off the grid and drink something we may not have heard of.  All you have to do is link below, so we can visit you, too.  Direct links ONLY, please. And Bleubeard wants to remind you these photos or scans can be taken at any time, not just on Tuesday or not even this month or year, if you prefer.






 



23 thoughtful remarks:

Sharon Madson said...

Lovely stamps and pretty and fun goodies! Yes, we all love our hostess! I can’t go into Spice Merchant, for fear of too much impulse buying! But, I do like your teabag holder. I hope you have a great T day,

Mae Travels said...

Beautiful cards from all your friends! You really keep a community together. My sincerest thanks to you for creating this friendship circle.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lisca said...

All that mail! And all on the same day!
I must say, you got beautiful cards and thoughtful goodies (a rocking horse cutting die!)
Your teabag holder is a handy thing, I have one too.
I had to smile at my own 'frugal' comment. I had forgotten I had written that.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Spyder said...

I'm so glad they got to you in in end. I just had to send you that tiny rocking horse after you spyed it on my bench one T for Tuesday. I did ask at the post office lady if I could have some nice Christmas stamps to send too, but she said they didn't have any I'm! I'm away at the moment so will join in again next week!

kathyinozarks said...

I enjoyed seeing of all your mail-pretty stamps too-I love getting mail in my mail box. enjoy! Happy T Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

You received some wonderful happy mail. How exciting. It seems Christmas doesn't end for you. That is exciting. And nice T day reference from Lisca. I hope you're having a great start to the new week and happy T day too my friend. Hugs-Erika

nwilliams6 said...

You received some gorgeous cards, Elizabeth and the treats are fun too! Thanks for being such a fabulous hostess. I wish I would have sent you a card too! I will make up for it. Happy T-day! HUgz

Linda Kunsman said...

so many beautiful and thoughtful cards and gifts! Even though they took quite awhile to arrive I'm glad they didn't get lost. Love seeing the postage stamps too. Enjoy, and happy T day!

Kate Yetter said...

WHat a fun mail day! You got so many wonderful things to play with and a lot of beautiful cards. The mail is definitely unpredictable at the moment.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Elephant's Child said...

I am so glad that the post office finally came through for you - and what a stunning selection it is.

Iris Flavia said...

Weeeee, what a great surprise-galore, oh, lucky, happy you, that´s wonderful!
Crazy some mail inside your country took so long...
Glad you took over T-Day, it´s so much fun!

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

These were lovely cards and stamps! So artistic. Like you, I love "layered" cards and texture. The Chaplin and Kahlo cutouts were charming. But so may of these cards and stamps were charming. I have a feeling it was even more special to have them all arrive in a heap! Christmas all over again! I'll be interested to see which ones you use in future art posts.

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful cards and crafty goodness. I just love the Charlie Chaplin and friends dolls Chris sent. Happy T Day

Divers and Sundry said...

You had a bonanza Happy Mail Day!

I looked at Instagram but found it intimidating lol

DVArtist said...

What a very nice mail haul. So many wonderful things, thoughtful and beautiful. Thanks for sharing the goodness that was sent to you.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Your first Christmas cards for the 2022 season !!!! ☺☺☺ very very nice indeed; you have amazing friends. not sure what IS up with the mail;
I had a piece pass over MY STATE into the next then back here again ???

wavez two ewe bleu and squiggles :) ♥♥

craftytrog said...

Beautiful cards and gifts! You're a blessed lady to have such talented and thoughtful friends Elizabeth.
Hugs,
Alison

Cloudia said...

You have truly made your life a life of art!

Birgit said...

You are truly blessed with wonderful friends from near and far. Love what they created for you and sent to you from Charlie Chaplin to that neat rocking horse and the cute pussy cat.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What wonderful treats you received...and fabulous stamps. It sounds though the mail has been especially slow! Hugs, Chrisx

Lowcarb team member said...

What lovely mail to receive, pleased it all reached you ... eventually :)

All the best Jan

Nancy Chan said...

So nice to receive all the wonderful mails, cards and things for your arts, all thanks to your wonderful and thoughtful friends. Thank you for sharing your happiness with us. Long ago, I used to collect stamps too.

Caty said...

Your cards and all those gifts are wonderful Elizabeth ! It´s great to see your post, and I´m sure we´ll soon see more of your art. Enjoy them.
Happy belated T-day dear friend! Sorry for the delay. But I always love to take T with everyone.
Have a nice day, sending big hugs
Caty