Friday, January 21, 2022

Friday Smiles 456: Not much to smile about, except maybe the museum

 

It's Friday and I'm once again joining Friday Smiles which is hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time).   Let's visit her and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.  This has been a difficult week.  We've had record lows for highs (that sounds like an oxymoron) and winds that blew even the most sturdy person into the next county.  Additionally, I've had trouble leaving comments to even my most loyal visitors.  While trying to play catch-up, blogger has put many obstacles in my way.  I know this sounds like I'm whining, but it's Friday and we are supposed to be smiling.  I just wanted to explain how I came up with the title of today's post.

Today we are visiting a new area of the museum.  This is the revolving exhibit area, so the exhibits change every so often in this area. 

This was a special collection showcasing guitars.

I'll be honest.  I know nothing about guitars, and it didn't seem like the day to learn about them, either.  That's what happens when you have an uninterested tour guide.

I guess I should have shown this first,

because I now see these are electric guitars.  Somehow they have a connection to Wichita, Kansas (USA).

You can see a further lack of interest because I didn't take any close-up photos of the signs explaining this exhibit.

I can tell you there were examples of guitars and their amplifiers dating from 1932.





 
I hope some of you enjoyed this exhibit, in which I seem to have little interest.   

Maybe the funnies will make up for it.  I'd like to thank an artist named Stivers for these.













Now let's join Annie (at A Stitch in Time) and the lovely ladies who join her for Friday Smiles.  Thanks again for visiting and spending a bit of time with Bleubeard and me this Friday.  Bleubeard has suddenly developed a desire to learn to play the guitar, or maybe play with a mouse!


17 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

I tried playing the guitar, but in a professionall shop they sold me one for adults. I was in my 20´s but I am small, a youth-guitar I would have managed... :-(

LOL, in the end, maybe better so, laughing at your funnies! My teeth are good ;-)
Oh, why, thank you, now I have ABBA in my brain!

Tractor to contractor, clever!
Ahh, Freddie is on n ow :-) Good start o work! Thank you :-)

Elephant's Child said...

An uninterested guide is a total bummer. I am so sorry you experienced it - and for your bad week. Thank you so much for your perseverance in leaving comments. I really appreciate it.
I liked the funnies, but the last one struck a chord. A loud chord.

Annie said...

I loved seeing all the guitars. My son plays guitar and has several. I have very happy memories of sitting on the bottom of the stairs listening to him playing up in his bedroom as a child.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a bad week. Smile, it can only get better from here.
Thank you for your concern about me and Graham. We are fine. I suppose I hadn't pressed the button to schedule it at midnight, I don't know. Somehow it didn't post. So I did it this morning (which is middle of the night for you).
I enjoyed seeing the guitars, but don't know enough about them to know what they are without reading the cards.
But the guitar funnies are a great find. Very funny. I must show Graham.
I hope you can find something to smile about. (Perhaps my cat funnies will put a smile on your face?)
Take care,
Lisca

Mae Travels said...

Cute to find guitar comics to balance the boring exhibit of guitars. The museum really didn't do a good job of creating interest. I wonder why they didn't have a few on-demand videos to show what the instruments sound like. (I once saw an exhibit that had little videos so you could see the displayed items in action, and that works great).

I hope you solve your internet problems and come back to commenting in peace.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

Sorry to hear about blogger again. It's got to be frustrating! Nice guitars today too. They have some wonderful oldies. Interesting how guitars are so universally interesting-to Americans that is so maybe universally isn't the right adverb. Thanks for today's post and some inspiration. Hope blogger gets fixed soon too. Hugs-Erika

mamapez5 said...

How annoying that blogger isn't cooperating again.
Our weather is a bit up and down too, but those winds sound horrible and can be quite scary if you have to go out in them.
Theguitars don't excite me though one of my boys is a fairly proficient player. He has a type of dermatitis and sometimes the strings make his fingers too sore to play. But he is a pianist first and formost so he mostly sticks to that now. But I confess I couldn't tell a good guitar from a very poor one just by looking at it. I am sure for someone, it was the best room in the museum. Kate x

DVArtist said...

I used to play the guitar and not half bad but haven't picked one up in many years. Nice collection. Have a great day.

Jackie McGuinness said...

I don't know anything about guitars either. As for music, I am completely tone deaf and have no rhythm whatsoever. However I like seeing them in museums as some can look like pieces of art.

Divers and Sundry said...

It must be frustrating to have these continuing blogger issues. Something that should be so easy :(

Jenn Jilks said...

Museums are good places these days.

Caty said...

That's a great collection of guitars, I've never seen one quite like it. It must be very interesting for someone who is a guitar lover. I once learned to play a little tune on my cousin's guitar, but nothing more. He played the guitar on a tuna, when he was a small boy.
Love the mice :)
Have a great weekend dear friend, sending big hugs
Caty

da tabbies o trout towne said...

that is true about the "earworms" !!!

bleu and squiggles; heerz two a fun filled get in trubullz week end :) ♥♥

Elizabeth said...

I love guitar music - well, some of it - but I've never wanted to learn to play one. I leave that to my granddaughter. I enjoyed the funnies but I'm still quaking for the mice! Have a great weekend. Silver sends kitty kisses to Bleubeard. Elizabeth x

Jeanie said...

Rick would love the guitar exhibit. I need to share the funnies with him! Good luck with your comments and visiting.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, bet you wondered where I'd got to. After walking dogs I had a sudden need to sort some stuff in our small bedroom which means I can now use my exercise equipment again so sorry I'm so late. I love guitars but sadly they don't love me or maybe I'm just to lazy to stick with it but my lessons didn't last for long before I gave up on it though to be honest it was a long time ago though it's only about ten years ago that I let it go and bought a saxophone though that hasn't been out of the case for some time either. I think some of the funnies might be me Lol! I read what you asked about the moles, I believe there is no easy way to get rid of them especially where we live as they love the type of soil around here which is very open and easy to dig. There was an English comedian who did have an idea for getting rid of them but not sure i can repeat what he said here but it was using a gun! People get very frustrated with them as they dig up the lawn so you may be able to guess what he said. His intention was to "Blow it's......?head off. Sadly Maisie and Stan are only interested in things that run, digging is beyond them though they do like to pass water over the mole hills. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Sandra Cox said...

So sorry you've had a bad week, Elizabeth. Both the weather and blogger can be extremely frustrating. Here's hoping your weekend is better.