Thursday, February 25, 2021

Clean up aisle 12

 

 

I'm working hard to tidy my basement studio so I can make art there in anticipation of the weather turning cold again. 

I see messes everywhere.
 
Every drawer needs to be sorted and labeled.  Shelves need to be straightened and decluttered.
 
I have a lot more work to do before I'm happy with how it looks.  At least I won't need to plug in either fan this winter.

This row of shelves may be the biggest mess of all.

Thanks for joining me today in my basement studio.  I hope to have a few more photos very soon, too.  I apologize at how yellow these photos are.  Even trying to fix them in Photoshop doesn't help.  I'm just glad you stopped by.  With your visits, it encourages me to clean, declutter, and organize.


18 thoughtful remarks:

J said...

Elizabeth you have a great space for crafting down there, always makes you feel better when you’ve tidied, .
Have a good day, Jan S

Elephant's Child said...

It looks like an amazing space. Good luck with the cleaning/decluttering and organising. I need to do all three of them here too. Last year. Or the year before.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, boy, that is LOT of material! And hence a lot of work, hope you have good music for the job!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I too have started a re-organistaion of my shelves and storage and finally passing on some of the items I don't use so often now! Good Luck with it all! Hugs, Chrisx

sheila 77 said...

I love decluttering and would love to help you but you can't really help others with decluttering their own stuff.
Have a nice time and I'm sure you will find all sorts of fascinating materials hiding in their boxes, as I did when I started looking for metallic materials.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, you have an awesome space-it's fun to declutter and find things you may have forgotten about

Mae Travels said...

Good luck with the clean-up. I hope it goes faster than you expect! Our basement looks worse because of all the empty cardboard boxes that we ought to cut down and recycle.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

What a terrific room, Elizabeth. You have good room to stretch out for all kinds of projects. You mentioned the labeling -- I have to do that now that I've done the first pass on my office/art room. (I don't really DO art there but I store everything there). It's going to be just terrific. And I can't wait to see what creations you pull out of here!

Olde Dame Holly said...

Some may see a mess; I see an abundance of creative materials! It strikes me as bursting with beautiful bits and pieces of this-and-that, which is exactly what those who work in the paper arts/fiber arts etc need! But I will admit that when I organize, I do find things I had forgotten and for that alone, it's worth it to declutter!

DVArtist said...

I am doing the same in my art room. I dropped off a huge bag of items to the good will. Your room looks nice and big and what is that I see down the hall or is that a closet? Have a great day.

Mia said...

I love your art studio, Elizabeth. You are lucky to have basement for your art. I have only one craftroom, but it is big enough and I use it only for my art. Kisses, sweetie.

Barbara said...

I think your studio looks anything but messy! Maybe there is stuff you don’t need but it looks orderly.

My name is Erika. said...

I see lots of space-compared to my happy place. And a much neater place than mine. You must been enthusiastically cleaning. Smile. I love this peak into your happy space. It's amazing how much we artists accumulate for all our projects. Stay warm when it gets cold. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

I'm in need to sorting and labeling, too, but it looks like you have a really nice area there! :)

Cindy McMath said...

This already looks pretty organized! I can’t imagine sorting and labeling. :) With my work schedule I’d never create anything if I took time out to get organized - and I’d probably never find anything again. Haha

Anne (cornucopia) said...

It looks like you have a lot of good shelves and storage units, to organize things with. This looks like a great creative work area.

Divers and Sundry said...

What a great space you have! How nice to have that much room to devote to this :)

عبده العمراوى said...



شركة ماسة لمكافحة الحشرات بالجبيل