Friday, February 15, 2019

Friday Smiles 308: Lingering food poisoning curbs enthusiasm


I'm sure you can tell, I'm here for Annie's Friday Smiles.   The thought of sharing a restaurant I visited before the new year is not appealing or even appetizing.  I am simply not over the food poisoning, so I'll share a few funnies then head back to bed.

Some of these are thought provoking.  Do you ever wonder:

Why the sun lightens our hair,
but darkens our skin?

Why women can't put on mascara
with their mouth closed?

Why don't you ever see the headline
'Psychic Wins Lottery'?

Why is 'abbreviated' such a long word?

Why is it that doctors call what
they do 'practice'?

Why is lemon juice made with
artificial flavor, and dish washing
liquid made with real lemons?

Why is the man who invests all
your money called a broker?

Why is the time of day with the
slowest traffic called rush hour?

Why isn't there mouse-flavored
cat food?

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?

Why do they sterilize the needle
for lethal injections?

You know that indestructible black
box that is used on airplanes? Why
don't they make the whole plane out
of that stuff?!

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Why are they called apartments
when they are all stuck together?

If flying is so safe, why do they call
the airport the terminal? 


And my personal favorite:
If con is the opposite of pro, is
Congress the opposite of progress?


Don't forget to visit Annie's Friday Smiles, where it never hurts to begin the weekend with a big smile, just like Annie's. Feel free to join in with a post of your own, too.  Now I'm headed back to bed with the two fur babies, a glass of disgusting water, and saltine crackers. 
 

18 thoughtful remarks:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So sorry to hear you are still unwell Elizabeth, food poisoning is an awful thing and i'm not surprised you are only sharing words today rather that pictures of "dare I say it" ..Food!! They've raised a smile or two for me.
Now get back to bed and rest up and remember every drink of that disgusting water is helping get rid of the nasty's inside.
Take CARE, warmest of wishes Tracey xx

Gibby Frogett said...

So sorry to hear your news Elizabeth - I feel a bit guilty at smiling so much at your funny words today when you are suffering so much :(
Hope you are feeling better and over this very soon... take care
Gill xxx

froebelsternchen said...

Hope you get well soon my dear Dr.E.! Take good care of you!
The funnies always make me smile here!
Hugs paired with get well wishes for you


Susi

Annie said...

Oh Elizabeth! I'm so sorry to hear you're still unwell. I really hope you feel 100% very soon so you can enjoy live again.
You asked about the strip of grass on my photo...it's our strip of grass and provides the boundary between us and our neighbour's drive....A big of a nothing really because it often gets driven over!
Hugs,
Annie x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I'm sorry to hear you got food poisoning. Please be sure to drink plenty of water to re-hydrate. All of your sayings were funny. Another one I like goes something like this: Why do they call the place where you park your car a driveway, and the place where you drive your car a parkway?

My name is Erika. said...

Take care of yourself Elizabeth! I'm sorry to hear this is still going on! Get plenty of rest and hopefully by tomorrow you will be back on your feet a bit more my friend. hugs-Erika

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth so sorry to hear you not feeling so good and hope you're better soon. Thanks for the funnies, I just don't know how you find them. Take care and get plenty of rest. Sending gentle hugs, Angela xXx

kathyinozarks said...

oh this is awful news-food poisoning-I hope you don't end up in the hospital over it-
great smiles-hugs

Divers and Sundry said...

I hope you're back in the swing soon and able to enjoy the funnies you posted here today. I am so sorry about your illness :(

Sami said...

Hope you're feeling better from the food poisoning Elizabeth.
Thanks for the funnies and enjoy the weekend.

Meggymay said...

I hope you will be feeling better soon Elizabeth, sending you hugs.
I liked today's funnies as well.
Yvonne xx

da tabbies o trout towne said...

hope your back to 1000000000 purrcent real soon Elizabeth and thanx for sharing the funnies; these are great !! ☺☺♥♥

CJ Kennedy said...

Sorry to hear you are still feeling ill. Hope you feel better soon.

Jeanie said...

That sounds grim, Elizabeth. I hope everything levels off very soon and you are back to normal.

Rita said...

OMG!! I loved-loved-loved these! My dad would have loved them.

I hope you get to feeling your old self soon. :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Elizabeth! I hope you feel better soon! Love the funnies - the Noah one especially, but the doctors practice made me laugh too! Take care! Hugs, Chrisx

Cath Wilson said...

So sorry to read you're not well, Elisabeth. Hope you're snuggling up and staying warm, giving yourself all the TLC you need to bring you back to full health. Thinking of you. Loved your funnies, btw - some crackers there :-)
Cath x

Lowcarb team member said...

Wishing you well.
Thanks for the funny thoughts :)

All the best Jan