Monday, June 5, 2017

T Stands For Tea at Bungalow 26


Back on my friend Sally's birthday, I promised I would show where we went that fateful day.  For those who don't remember, I'll remind you soon.

We parked nearly a block from the restaurant where we wanted to eat, even though it was raining.  Rain doesn't bother me, because it just makes my hair curlier.  Sally, on the other hand, is not fond of rain, so tried to cover her head as much as possible.

We passed lots of restaurants

on our way

to our destination.

I couldn't pass up the picture of the Keeper of the Plains.

Many of you will recall we were headed to this "ramen joint," only to learn it was closed every week on the day we chose to eat there.  We learned the hard way, so went back the following week when it was open.

All was not lost, though, because it gave us a chance to visit Bungalow 26, a place I took you to a couple of years ago.

I knew Sally would enjoy looking around.

Although I was on a mission, the shop owner and I struck up a lively conversation.

Once there was a lull in the conversation, I headed to the place that interests me.

I was getting closer!

Here we were at the tea tree.

I remembered that Krisha had stated she bought some of this tea once,

so I succumbed to temptation and bought some, too.  Since I have SO many photos of this place, I'll share more next week.

Now it's your turn to share your T entry this week.  The rules are extremely simple.  Your drink related post may be anything from a photo of a glass, cup, or mug, to an actual drink.  You may choose to share a sketch or a digital, hybrid, or traditional page in your scrapbook, art journal, or altered book.  Maybe you'd prefer to share a tag, or wow us with your photography.  You might choose a postcard or decorated card.  You might even draw an image on a used tea bag.  Or perhaps you prefer to review a place you visited, a movie, or book.  It makes no difference as long as it's drink related.  And don't forget that the more unique and outside the box it is, the better we like it.  Please tie it back here, and please link only to your T post, not your entire blog.  When you link, Bleubeard, the T gang, and I will be by to visit.   Bleubeard would also like to remind you that your photos may be taken any time, even months or years ago, if you choose.


26 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you found the restaurant in the end, even if you had to wait for it.... The shop you visited is fantastic, so much to see, never seen a tea-tree before, great idea. And I LOVE those mugs! Happy T Day Elizabeth,

Blogoratti said...

Looks great indeed.

Meggymay said...

Well you may not have been able to eat in your chosen restaurant on that particular day, but I think the shop may have made up for it in other ways.
It looks an amazing destination.
I have sat for a while looking at the photos. A good idea to display the tea packages on the tree branches, the owners sure know how to tempt folk to buy their products. I'm pleased you have more photos to show us another time.
Happy T day.
Yvonne xx

Lisca said...

What a disappointment not being able to go to that restaurant on Sally's special day. But I know that you did go on a different occasion. I remember seeing the pictures of the ramen dishes.
But you ended up visiting Bungalow 26, which looks like an interesting place. Lots of lovely knick-knacks. I have never sen a tea tree before and it looks intriguing. Is the tea nice that you bought?
Looking forward to seeing more photos next week of this fascinaing place.
Lisca

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh what a great place to visit! Sorry though! The tee tree looks beautiful, but I'll stick to coffee thank you!
Hugs, Chrisx

Birgit said...

This looks like a great place to have something to eat. The place looks very interesting and I am certain, it was delicious to eat the food.

Linda Kunsman said...

So many interesting places to check out. Love "keeper of the plains' :)
Lots of wares to tempt one here. Interesting tea tree-and now i wonder-did you enjoy what you chose to try and was it worth it?
Hope you enjoyed your special lunch destination-finally. Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

I can't wait to hear how the T in those cool little bags was. It looks like a fun shop, and I lvoe the idea of a tea tree, Happy T day. Hugs-Erika
By the way, is that a new clear photo of Squiggles?

Halle said...

That shop is gorgeous. I could live there!! I love everything about the decor esp the brick revealed form the crumbling plaster.

Hopefully I'll be back on track after this week. Mom's funeral is Thursday.

jinxxxygirl said...

I LOVE those pyramid tea bags... i think if i could have those cool tea bags i would drink more tea...lol Happy happy T day Ms. Elizabeth! Hugs! deb

CJ Kennedy said...

A restaurant closed when you want to visit is so disappointing. At least you found a cool place to visit. Looks like Bungalow 26 is an interesting place to poke around. My friend, Red, has some tea in the pyramid bags. I don't remember what brand they are. Don't know if the pyramid bags enhance the flavor of the tea or not. I just know the tea was delicious.

kathyinozarks said...

You find the coolest spots for lunch-I am always curious as to where you will take us next--we have no eateries close by us that I would try-mostly just fast food type places--loving all the mugs too
Happy T Day Elizabeth-and hugs for Bleubeard

Helen said...

Bungalow 26 looks a decent replacement for your choice of restaurant.

Meggymay said...

I've called back to answer the question.
Milk is usually provided in a small jug with an order of tea, or there is a place on the counter to help yourself, if is a self service cafe.
. Coffee you have to say if you want it black, with cream or brand [ e.g. americano, expresso. latte] you would like when you order.
Hope that explanation helps.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Bungalow 26 is a wonderful place, I love the way they have designed the walls with the plaster and brick! The tea bag tree is fabulous and the red mug is delightful. I think I may have bought some goodies too, probably too many as I seem to have spotted a bar of mint chocolate in one of the photos ... lol 😀. Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊
p.s. thanks for sharing your circle cutter details. Mine was a cheap one only £2 from a shop called The Works, it's a bit flimsy and I'm not sure how long it will last but I'm not worried as it didn't cost much 😀. I decided to try this one before I committed to buying a more expensive version. I have seen the Fiskars one you have and it looked overcomplicated to me, thanks for the heads up this one definitely won't be on my wish list ...lol! Thanks again 😊 J x

froebelsternchen said...

The tea bag tree is fabulous - what a lovely shop, sorry for the closed restaurant - that's not nice!
Happy T-Day dear Elizabeth!
oxo Susi

Jeanie said...

Looks like a tasty restaurant and in a fun location, too. What a great way to celebrate!

nanskidrewski said...

Wow! what an awesome day! I love that shop...the design is perfect. The sign outside is great too...I love things that are different. Looks like you had fun..Can't wait to see the rest of the photos. Happy T day!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I can't believe how many restaurants you have to choose from! Love the tea tree and the whole funky aura of Bungalow 26. Sounds like you had a good time with Sally - well, except for the rain ;-)

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

Lorraine said...

some great shops my sone would love that ramen one

Rita said...

That shop looks interesting. Love the tea tree! :)

Divers and Sundry said...

Sometimes outings that don't go according to plan are the best :) You've got so many good shops/restaurants along this stretch!

Happy T Tuesday, and my continuing thanks for hosting these weekly gatherings.

Nancy said...

A delightful place! Worth a little walk in the rain.

Cazzy said...

I think I would love Bungalow 26, is that where you ate too? Lovely things, including chocolate!
Cazzy x

Carol said...

Looks like a lovely place to have lunch and tea... Sorry I missed yesterday. I'm down with my back again and had to have and emergency injection yesterday morning . Which is why I didn't post for "T" day. It hit me Monday afternoon like a building fell on me. Feeling much better today but still taking it super easy.Which as you know id very hard for me. I see lots of reading and crocheting in my future for the m=nest few days :)
Carol

Anonymous said...

I remember this place, the first time you gave us the tour. It's still charming and I can see why you like it. Hope you enjoy the tea, or use it to dye some fabric. xox