Monday, January 2, 2017

T Stands For Tuesday: host is on hold


If you are looking for Second on the 2nd, it is the post directly below this one.

T Stands For Tuesday is not on hold, just your frustrated host.  My computer software and images that are still on my camera are on hold.  My new laser printer and scanner are still in their boxes.   I have a post ready to create, but I have no software on my new computer to edit the photos that are still on my camera.  I'm waiting on my friend Scott to get here, so he can spoof the new 64-bit computer into accepting the old 32-bit software.  But for now, I just have to play the waiting game, which is nearly impossible for me.   Even though I have a wonderfully fast computer, everything takes time, and time was not my friend today.

Ironically, tomorrow's (Wednesday) post is in my draft folder, so it will be ready for you to see on Wednesday. 

So here is a very meager and sad beginning (for me) to 2017.  I hope you will understand and still join the T party today.

Below are some coffee images (my drink of choice) I found on the internet that I thought you might enjoy.






And to honor Squiggles, I chose this one.

Of course, I couldn't forget those who prefer to drink tea each week.








Bleubeard asked me to share this one with the tea drinkers.

Of course, if your tastes go to wine, these may tempt you:



Do you prefer beer?  Notice I prefer Stout.



Perhaps you would prefer something a bit stronger:




Do you prefer hot chocolate?



How about egg nog?  That's actually what I'm drinking right now.



I haven't forgotten my friends in the southern hemisphere, where right now it's blistering hot.  Maybe you would prefer lemonade.



And I'm constantly amazed how many people like Coke.





Would you prefer savory buttermilk?



And finally, some images to capture your imagination.












Now it's your turn to share a drink related post.  Any post, as long as it involves a drink, is acceptable.  Your post can be about a movie, fine art, postcard, poster art, sketches, digital, hybrid or traditional art, unique teapots, even a chandelier.   Of course, you might share your garden, or take us with you as you go out and about.  You might even find some interesting images you found on the internet like I did.   In fact, I chose these to show how diverse your T Tuesday post can be.  Photos do not have to be taken on Tuesday, or even this year, for that matter, but you must link below (direct links only, please) to ensure Bleubeard, the "T" gang, and I visit.  Of course, feel free to drop by to see what the "T" gang is up to, and consider joining us for this weekly event either this week or in the future.  We'd love to have you.



I'll share my Christmas gifts I received next week for T Tuesday once I get them off my camera.  And I promise, no matter what happens, there will always be a T Stands For Tuesday post as long as friends drop by to share their drinks.

27 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun post. Computer on hold or not, you have done wonders here. I think I would love to sample all those coffees, perhaps not all at once, and the hot chocolate looks most inviting, too. You have offered a selection for everyone, well done. I have my photos on a separate hard disc, and in a cloud, so I don't get stuck if my computer strikes. Hope your computer is soon finished so you can get back to your play time! Hugs, Valerie

Halle said...

Wow you certainly sourced a ton of images. Really fun! Hopefully Scott will be able to work his magic.
Happy T day!

johanna said...

WOW WOW WOW - an overwhelming post!! i think i must come back to it tomorrow in the morning when i have my coffee to enjoy each and every Picture!!
happy t-day and have a healthy and lucky year!

Linda Kunsman said...

Setting up all the stuff for new computers is a lot of work and time but so worth while when done. What a fun post-which now has made me very thirsty!!!:) Hope you get everything in complete working order very soon. Happy T day!

Let's Art Journal said...

Hope you get your computer sorted soon :-). Great collection of images, my choices would be the green tea, beer, hot chocolate and water (well you didn't say we had to choose only one ... lol). Happy T day! J :-)

Lisca said...

Wow! What a great drinks party. Thank you for catering for everyone's taste. I love the giraffe tea set. The stout looks very inviting and that hot chocolate makes my mouth water!
I'm sorry to hear you are having new computer troubles. Just be patient, it will all get sorted. But I understand your frustration (been there, done it, got the T-shirt)
I wish you a happy T-Day,
Lisca

Cazzy said...

I love all those different coffees but never drink it myself, haven't for many years. The cat one is cute. Happy T day to you both. Going to add the link to here next - it's harder on the mobile.
Carol, Sooty and Luna x

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Oh don't be sad, Elizabeth, this is a really fun post! I'm sure your super-duper souped up computer will be sorted out very soon. Just ... don't ... stress ... in the meantime.

I especially like the whip cream kitty and the (couple of) Alice in Wonderland drink images. My post for this week's tea party includes a drink image similar to the second one in your list with all the pretty designs in the coffee. But mine has a surprise - or at least it totally surprised me.

P.S. I'm sorry for the three entries with my name. I hope you're able to remove the first two (which don't work) from your end. I don't know if the problem was at my end or yours.

My name is Erika. said...

I enjoyed the photos today, and I'm with you, the cat cream is my favorite. But you certainly hit every catagory. :) I hope Scott gets you organized and running perfect lickety split. But the good news is you have this new computer and you'll be up and running pretty soon! :) Happy T day! Hugs-Erika

~*~Patty S said...

"Meager" = NOT AT ALL Elizabeth.
What a fun and colorful post that has really made me thirsty...well for everything except buttermilk that is.
And the only time I drink Coke is with a little Rum ;-)
Hope you are up and running in no time.
I know you're going to enjoy your laser printer along with all of your snazzed up equipment.
Scott is a great guy.
That cupcake girl near the end certainly is saucy LOL.
Happy first T Day of 2017!
oxo

Sandra Cox said...

These are amazing. Especially the 2 kitties pics:)
Good luck with the computer!
Happy 2017.

Divers and Sundry said...

A new scanner, too? Oh, I do look forward to hearing about what all you can do with your new "toys" -Can I call them "toys"? :)

Janet said...

You sure know how to make lemonade out of lemons! Good for you!

Meggymay said...

Wow what a fabulous list of beverages to choose from. You have really spoiled us all with your choices this morning. To a tea drinker I would be more than excited to try some of the coffees you have on offer.
I hope Scott works his magic for you and you get the computer working as you would like it too.
Happy T Day
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

Good luck for getting everything working on the computer very soon dear Elizabeth. You have created a fantastic post even though you have such a handicap ! You are a Queen of making T-Day always so special!
Adorable selection of images for us!

Happy T day!
oxo Susi

Darla said...

Sorry you aren't totally connected yet. I know you will be excited with the new computer when things are all in order. Meanwhile you sure provided some wonderful drink images. Thanks for keeping our Tuesdays going.

CJ Kennedy said...

Not being able to get up and running is so frustrating. And thanks for sharing an amazing array of images. I have seen the kitty out of foam in the cup before. So cute and never loses it's charm. And I'm counting down the days until I can be out in the sun room with an iced tea. Happy T Day

Jeanie said...

For no photos, you did great! I think I have that cat drinking tea image as well. I love it!

Good luck with the tech hook up!

Carol said...

You certainly did good at improvising a post for this week. Not sure if I can join you as I'm running way late this morning and have to dash off to work... Slept in again :( and my computer is still slow.

Sandra Cox said...

Just stopped by to say hey and have a great one.
Oh and thanks for putting up the map of my birth. Heh heh. I was born in Paducah.

jinxxxygirl said...

Happy 2017 Elizabeth and Bleubeard! I'm sure you will get all your tekkie stuff worked out. :) I hate tekkie stuff... i just want it to work!! lol Love all these photos you've shared Ms. Elizabeth. And thank you for your lovely comment... Hugs! deb

pearshapedcrafting said...

This looks as though you are having too much fun on the internet with your new computer! Some great images though…hope all is fixed soon! Hugs, Chrisx

Dianne said...

Wow, a lot of fun beverages here today! love the 3-D kitty/creamy bubbles!!

Thank you so much for the holiday page you sent!♥ things have been so crazy here that I did not get anything sent to you yet...hoping to send you something for Chinese New Year.

On the plus side, hubby is doing much better -finally. We will probably have to drill a new water well, the car brakes got fixed, and a new light over the sink. Still need to consider getting a new oven. Not looking forward to sorting out hospital bills and insurance forms. Thankful we have insurance!Just a few complications of life...

hope you are well...I am doing ok...hoping my cold will be short lived! hugs to you from Ohio!

sheila 77 said...

How ingenious and resourceful of you to find all these images, I enjoyed them.
Of course the one I like best is the one for Squiggles, what a great photo.

Shoshi said...

What a fantastic post, Elizabeth. I can't believe some of the coffee designs - how on earth did they do that lion? More than impressive! I think I'd let my coffee get cold! Thank you for your visit and your really lovely comment - so glad you enjoyed my annual review. I was surprised how much I actually managed to get done during the year considering everything else that was going on. The review posts do take a long time, especially as I like to add links to the relevant posts, but I always consider it's worth doing.

Happy New Year!
Shoshi

Beverley Baird said...

Lots of great photos! Here's wishing you a happy, healthy New Year!

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

Fun post, but quite tantalizing, Elizabeth! Just like your computer or rather your old software must be for you. I hate it when I don't have my computer at hand. I hope that Scott will be there to fix it for you in no time.

Oh, and - Happy New year! :)