Sunday, April 18, 2010

Silent Sunday's blog

As with all my chosen blogs this month, this blog focuses on art made from river cast-offs. If you like absurd art, whimsical art, recycled art, and love saving the planet, you will love the art by Albertus Gorman of Louisville, KY. His blog is called Artist at Exit 0. As an art advocate, Gorman sees a lot of art. As an artist, Gorman makes a lot of art, most of it recycled from trash found along the Ohio River. Quirky and fun, Gorman's art will put a smile on your face and his nature photographs will open your eyes to beauty as well as damages from polluting the Ohio River. I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I do.

3 thoughtful remarks:

Healing Woman said...

Elizabeth,

I enjoyed reading Gorman's blog. It brought back fond memories. We used to live in St. Louis and I spent many weekends collecting driftwood from the Missouri River to make large weavings which I sold in the galleries in St. Charles, Mo. There is a wealth of art materials to be found in the waters of the world, especially the ocean.

Thanks again for showcasing such a talented artist.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

OK, you DO find the neatest blogs E!
Thanks for sharing, Gorman's blog is one I will want to deep into!
Happy Sunday!
oxo

Seth said...

Some unique and fascinating creations. Thanks for the link.