Friday, November 27, 2009

Double dipping

I don't often show posts that have nothing to do with art, but Thanksgiving was an exception, since I took a break from making art, and instead passed some out. I began by giving my friend Billie the ATC I made and showed on Wednesday.

She's actually reading it as I took her photo just before we left for lunch.

Soon we were on our way. Billie wanted to go to a local buffet, which was a favorite of ours over the years. We are getting close to the zoo because you can see the huge metal sculptures that are along the sides of the road. Sadly I forgot to take shots until all that was left was the snake on the left side of the photo. You can click on these and they will be quite large. Unfortunately, the camera is so sensitive that you can't be speeding along, like with my other camera. So many trade-offs in these two cameras, and I seemed to use the wrong one both times.

We are about to pass the zoo

and head past one of our many parks.

Then we headed into the country, where the only green left in the landscape was found in the evergreens. Our lush, lovely countryside was now brown and bleak, although it was an absolutely gorgeous day.

Home again, I took time to get prepared for my second meal of the day. Can you believe it? The person who only eats once a day, had two big meals and one of them included MEAT (if you include turkey as meat, like I do).

My art buddy Dana invited me to spend Thanksgiving with her again this year, so I gladly accepted, simply because I hadn't seen her in over three weeks. It was a good time to catch up and share a good time with her family.

Here is her husband looking for the turkey plate in his mother's cabinet,

while their daughter opened the wine and his mom looked on.

My art buddy Dana is collecting the broth for the gravy.

Roxie, the real star of the show was so much fun to photograph. She is not only adorable, but poses for the camera, something Bleubeard has never done.

Roxie, that is NOT your food dish!

While taking photos of the pies, I spotted Dana's husband preparing to carve the bird.

I got closer to see his technique.

While bringing in drinks from the garage, Libby had to pose by the truck she covets. Although I tried every tool in Photoshop, this photo would not lose it's red tint or get any lighter.

Libby's boyfriend was also coveting the truck.

But it was now time to eat, and no restaurant food will ever compare to the wonderful meal that is homemade.

Lots of friendship,

conversation,

good food,

remembrances,

and full bellies

made for a wonderful evening. As the night wound down,

everyone said their goodbyes. Talk about a fun day. I don't think I'll ever forget the Thanksgiving I "double dipped" and had two full meals.

2 thoughtful remarks:

Mary S. Hunt said...

you shared a fabulous day
thanks for inviting me along
:)

that meal looked scrumptious!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Looks like you had a nice Thanksgiving Elizabeth!
Hard to believe it's December tomorrow!