Saturday, December 6, 2008

Back to Cris's book pages

I finished two additional spreads today for Cris's book. I'm nearly finished with it and can say I'm finally seeing the light.
I apologize for the poor scan, but I couldn't get the ribbon color to turn out right. The only place the color is correct, is where it's stapled to the page, so you might have to click on the image for a larger view. It really IS black with orange and is left over from Halloween. Since I don't have a lot of ribbon, I didn't have much to choose from.

I began the page with a piece of found (or possibly gifted) scrapbook paper that was the actual size of the file folder/book page. What luck!! It is a bunch of rocks. Then I added some clip art butterflies because I couldn't find the ones I wanted to use. I added dimensional crystal lacquer to the bodies, the antennae, and parts of the wings, but it doesn't show very well in the scan. I "painted" the staples with an orange Sharpie.

Cost of the piece: Ribbon, glue, printer ink, Sharpie ink, staples, crystal lacquer.
Since the black and orange ribbon was visible from the other side of the page, I took the opportunity to use it to my advantage. I printed the Dover image on a piece of my handmade orange paper that was made from orange table mats from a banquet that Cris and I had attended last year. Then I added the dimensional crystal lacquer to the hat, as well as the eyes and nose of the pumpkin. Finally, I added the sentiment using some die cut tags also made from my handmade paper. I wanted to attach the charm for Cris in some way, and decided to place it on the ribbon, so she can cut it from the fibers and still not mess up the spread.

Cost of spread: Glue, fibers, star brad, charm, crystal lacquer.

0 thoughtful remarks: