Thursday, November 20, 2008

Playing outdoors before winter sets in

Wednesday was the last warm day forecast for our area. Now it is supposed to turn cold, so I spent the day outside, enjoying the warmth and the sunshine, while getting all my summer yard furniture put away for the winter.

Before I put my chiminea away, I "cooked" a few Altoid tins to use in Christmas projects. When the fire was out, I removed the ashes, threw them in my compost pile, and put my chiminea away for the winter.
While I was waiting for the coals to cool, I drug out my spray paints and stencils and made four more backgrounds. Suddenly, it looks like Christmas colors, although that was not really planned. The letters are actually silver, although they look white in the photos.
Then I added the goose stencil to two of the pages after the alphabet was dry.
Here is a closer look at the geese as they fly over the alphabet. I'm really pleased with how these turned out and now wish I'd added the geese to all four pages. I'll probably use these in a handmade book.

In keeping with "Green is Universal" week, I used flat rate envies for the substrate and spray paint I got free at our Household Hazardous Waste Swap and Shop. The stencils were a gift, so all I have invested is time.

0 thoughtful remarks: