Saturday, November 1, 2008

Another page in my collAHge book

Not too long ago, I created the statue art using a metal stencil and a new technique. I added it to my collAHge book today in an attempt to make quick art, since I'm working on two major projects.

I began by spritzing a paper towel with two color washes. After I attached the central figure, I added some swirls. Since I'm not good with doodles or swirls, I'm not sure I like how it turned out. It's lopsided and not symmetrical. However, I did learn a few things, like 1) measure before you add swirls and 2) use some kind of template.

2 thoughtful remarks:

Mary said...

Your page came out great! I think your swirls are very pretty. :)

Mary

Anonymous said...

Love the colors and texture of the background...and the swirls look good! I am not so worried about symmetrical (it drives my daughter crazy...) I would rather choose asymmetrical. anyway, your spread looks fantastic...
Dianne