Monday, August 18, 2008

UHU tac provides a new display area

I have been blessed with many art friends who have sent many A.R.T. gifts to me. A.R.T. stands for Acts of Random Thoughtfulness. Same as a RAK, but a lot classier. These lovely gifts are scattered everywhere around my studio, and I would love to have them in a spot where I could actually see them every day and draw inspiration from them.
This is where the sample of UHU tac comes in. I decided to give it a try, since it's supposed to hold posters and other things well. You can see I have a bare spot on my paper holder just begging to be put to use. And the UHU tac will be put to the test with all my goodies.

The directions for this are simple: warm in your hands by kneading. So, that's what I did.
And here is the result of this experiment!! What a lovely and colorful addition to my studio.
Here is a view from my work table.
The nice thing about this product is that you can make it as thick as you wish. You can see that the spinner, which sticks out behind the canvas, still works after I placed it on the flat surface.
Then I found another ATC I wanted to add to the display, so I moved a few things around. The UHU tac worked great. I moved pieces and the stuff held nicely.
One other word about this product. Check out the puzzle piece that overlaps the piece with the beaded tree on handmade paper (the two pieces at the bottom in this photo). I accidentally got some of the UHU tac on the portion of the puzzle piece that overlapped the handmade paper. When I moved the puzzle piece, a bit of the UHU tac stuck to the fragile paper. I was mortified. Anything else would have ruined the lovely paper in the piece, but I was able to gently pick it away with absolutely no damage to the fragile paper. That was a true bonus.

I am really pleased and happy with this product. I didn't think I would find a use for it, but it has become a true blessing (and staple) in my studio. I highly recommend it and have a ton of praise for it. Click on any of the photos for a better view of my lovely new art display thanks to UHU tac!!

2 thoughtful remarks:

Angie in AZ said...

I have been using this kind of stuff for years. I buy it in the dollar store and I think it's called "Poster tac". It's great stuff! I even use a little dot behind framed artwork to make sure it stays straight!

SarahP.Fuller said...

Love that you found a way to use the UHU Tac. I've found so many uses for it in my crafting and my everyday needs. It's a very handy tool to have around. Thanks for sharing.
Alyssa
www.gluewithuhu.com