Monday, August 25, 2008

My quiltlet fronts

Here are the four quiltlets I made for the swap. I have to be proud of them, since they are my first. I will probably look back on these in a few years and see how "green" I was (and not in a recycle-green kind of way)
Here is one of the quiltlet fronts. I made several mistakes along the way, and one of them was cutting the white paper ribbon straight across. I adhered it with wonder under, and hated the stark look of the straight cut. One edge of the ribbon didn't adhere well, and was sticking up a bit. I decided to run a zig zag stitch across the edge to catch it. That was the one thing it needed to blend the ribbon into the piece. In fact, I was quite pleased with the improvement.

I used E-6000 to adhere the bingo markers, domino, checker, and a tile from some game I'm not sure about. I used staz-on to stamp the image on the tile.

Originally, this was not how I envisioned this piece, but the more I worked with it, the more it took on a life of its own. I swear this piece dictated how it was to be made, even down to not ironing the mustard colored material.

0 thoughtful remarks: