Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My prototypes are not going well

Once again I've been working on things that didn't materialize. First, I made a bunch of packing tape transfers because I couldn't get the gel medium or the acrylic paint to work well. When I added them to the Formica chips, I realized there was no "pattern" behind the transfer, just the single colored chip. Well DUH!!! So, I have now officially scrapped the transfers on Formica chips for the 5th annniversary swap. Looks like at this point, only the number "5" will stay :>)
I also made another prototype, this time with charms. I learned I don't wrap wire well, my charm was too large, and I didn't like it when I finished it. It will make a super necklace, maybe, but not a charm for a bracelet!!! The center is sea glass I tumbled in a rock tumbler. The heart is green, although you can't really tell because my camera doesn't take very good photos.
I scanned the charm, so the heart colors show better. However, you still can't tell that the glass is a pale green.

0 thoughtful remarks: