Saturday, September 15, 2007

How I used the scraps collage


A couple of weeks ago, I made a small collage from scraps after I redid my studio. I don't like to waste anything, so I threw the things together into a collage and much to my surprise, the unfinished piece ended up on the ABC homepage. A couple of days ago, I added to it so it would fit into the Vintage book I'm working on. To show the difference in the sizes of our books, the original page was made using a page from my Vintage book. Kat's book is much larger and I'm glad. I was able to finish the collage by adding a small metal padlock key hidden behind the fibers, a "corner" made from glossy paper and alcohol inks, and a few silver beads at the bottom. The border was made from some of my faux batik paper. The tea tag was added in an attempt to simulate the high collars the Victorians wore.
If you click on the picture for a larger view and use your imagination, you just might be able to see part of that elusive key.

2 thoughtful remarks:

hestiahomeschool said...

I really enjoyed looking at your blog and have bookmarked it--I want to try the shaving cream paper with the class I am teaching with our homeschool coop. :-) I really appreciate artists like you taking the time to explain techniques to non-artistic moms like me.

love, Kas


http://journals.aol.com/hestiahomeschool/HomeschoolingJournal/

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I love the fact that you let us see the larger image ( I'm a tad visually impaired, lol!)