Saturday, September 22, 2007

Flower Girl


This is the opposing page to the Scraps collage for my friend's Vintage RR book. I began by dry brushing gesso and pink paint over the page, allowing some of the text to remain. I then added tissue paper that had been painted with pink and gold. I thought the paint on the tissue looked like a lattice, which the flowers were climbing. I added some pressed sweet pea flowers and a catalog image. Most of the flowers, with the exception of the ones at the top right, are individually placed. I thought the piece looked a bit plain, so I added some "confetti."
To make the flower girl, I first positioned the leaves on the image. When dry, I adhered the assembly and held it in place with a clamp until it was dry, then finished it off with the flower petal.
As usual, click on image for a larger view.

1 thoughtful remarks:

Anonymous said...

ohhhh that is so nice. Wonderful use of the flowers. Hugz, Scary