Sunday, August 23, 2020

Monday Murals: Black Lives Matter


It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.

My friend Sally told me about this mural she recently found on the way to her doctor's office.

She said it was to honor the Black Lives Matter movement.

It took me awhile

to realize this a banner, and not a mural.

It's definitely not attached to any building.






I guess this is the new culture and I like it. 

This "mural" faces east on Hillside and 13th Street in Wichita, Kansas (USA).

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  You'll be surprised how many you can find once you start looking for them.


18 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Banner or mural, it's good and very eye-catching. Have a great Sunda, take care of yourself! Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

It is bitter-sweet. No matter if ... oh. ;-) If mural or banner it´s important, but also sad. What about the Mexican people and... I so wish we all could overcome racism and just be people!
But maybe this is the first step and it´s very well done.
I sometimes wonder if someone who adores a successful "black" singer/sportsman would go at one on the street and talk badly to him/her?

Mae Travels said...

That is a very impressive and skillful art work. You are right that one can find murals in so many places, but I don't have a chance to search every week.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is a wonderful mural, I think the art is fantastic!
Have a nice Sunday, hug Elke

Julia Dunnit said...

So is this a legal mural or would it be classified as graffiti? I’m constantly blown away by the skill of these artists - the proportion and dimension is amazing, and in particular this one is largely black and white which is just a lesson in shading huh! Wonderful stuff. I had to look twice at the banner, seemed a rude interruption in the first pic!

Divers and Sundry said...

Even if it's not technically a mural because it's not on a wall, I appreciate people highlighting the message. Black Lives Matter.

Tom said...

...I enjoy murals that make a political statement and this one does. Thanks for sharing.

Teresa said...

Love the shoes!

My name is Erika. said...

Although I'm not really into rap (which i think at least one of the figures represents), it's an eye catching mural for sure. Nice find! Hope your Sunday is going well. Hugs-Erika

kwarkito said...

and impressive work, full of details. and the pictures are a good report

DVArtist said...

Very nicely done. I love the facial features and those shoes! Great shots.

aussie aNNie said...

wow these are amazing, especially when the pics are enlarged. x

Bertiebo said...

Impressive

s.c said...

A great mural but not in the color department. I would love to see a bit more color here.

Sami said...

Great mural Elizabeth, glad Sally found it.
I quite like the black and white theme.
Thanks for participating.

Jackie McGuinness said...

I love seeing new murals appearing.

Jeanie said...

That's quite impressive. It's well done and the theme is very on topic right now, which is a good thing.

craftytrog said...

A fabulous mural! Thanks for sharing it.