Thursday, October 24, 2019

Wishing, Hoping, Dreaming


I'm once again joining Eileen aka The Artful Crafter our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Dreams and/or Wishes.  I've actually had this journal page finished for nearly two weeks, but decided to wait to show it, since Alison, aka Craftytrog had created such an incredible journal page using the same sentiment.

In case you can't read it, it is "Wishing, Hoping, Dreaming."

To me, these dragonflies, created from a stamp gifted me for my birthday one year by Susi, say it all.


I got a little carried away with the various embossing powders.

My goal was to 

have the embossing powders blend from one set of dragonflies to the next.

Some areas transitioned better than others.

The really sad thing is, in my haste to create this page,

I totally forgot to use my handmade baby powder pouncer to keep the excess powder at bay.



For this journal page, I began with a sheet of 9 X 12 inch (22,9 X 30,5 cm) black construction paper.  I forgot my pouncer, so had troubles when I tried to remove the excess embossing powder from the eight different embossing powders I used on this spread.  Finally, I computer generated the text and sewed it to the page using variegated thread.

Thanks so much for joining Bleubeard and me today.  Your support is always appreciated.  I hope you will also join us at Art Journal Journey


21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, lovely dragonflies. Have a great day, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful!
Though, once I was on a bus, a dragonfly sneaked up on me - and in a bus you cannot run away - we were both "petrified", so to say.
I learn so much here, I never heard of using powder! So you have one stamp in white, then powder, but then...? Hairspray or such? (I know, stupid question...)

froebelsternchen said...

Wow , that's a wonderful page. Thank you for joining the AJJcollection so often this month again, very inspiring my dear Admin!
Happy Day!
Susi xxx

RO said...

Such lovely dragonflies, and I even see one that has lovely rainbow colors. Perfect words to motivate. Hugs, RO

My name is Erika. said...

I like those embossed dragonflies. And the rainbow ones are especially cool. Did you plan on these dragonflies symbolize a world where we were all free to fly? Or maybe I am just reading too much into it? But that's beautify of art. Cool page my friend. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Loving your page-I love love dragonflies I have never tried using these powders-love the look

Divers and Sundry said...

I like your choice of the black background, and I like how the dragonflies are arranged. We get some dragonflies on our patio, and I'm always so excited when I see them.

Birgit said...

I love this page and those dragonflies are perfect for the saying. I love all the powders you used especially the many coloured ones in dark colours. It reminds me of the gas slicks one finds on the pavement because it would have the same colours-I call it the gasoline look and it is so my favourite. What is the name of it?

Barbara said...

Lovely, and so delicate!

Sandra Cox said...

I love dragonflies. They make me think of happiness and magic. You captured them purrfectly. I also like the Wishing, Hoping, Dreaming tag you added.
Have a great one, dear Elizabeth.

Meggymay said...

The embossed dragonflies look beautiful against the dark night sky background.
I love the words you added as well.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

Lovely piece. I like how not all the dragonfly wings are the same.

pearshapedcrafting said...

A fabulous page Elizabeth! Dragonflies surely carry wishes on their wings! Hugs, Chrisx

Lowcarb team member said...

"Wishing, Hoping, Dreaming." lovely words and a beautiful page.

All the best Jan

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This looks lovely Elizabeth. I like the way it sparkles. (I'm just passing through briefly. I'm still working on the new computer, so there is little time for online activity.

CJ Kennedy said...

The dragonflies are lovely and so sparkly.

Rita said...

I love dragonflies! What a cute page. :)

anonymous said...

Lovely page Elizabeth! I have not used embossing powder in so long - I feel like it might be time to break it out when I see your page!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I think it came out great, Elizabeth. I love how the embossed colors transition. It's a lovely effect. Thank you for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey. Eileen xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, this is such a gorgeous journal page! You beautifully stamped and heat embossed the dragonflies, they are shining so amazingly from the black background 😀. It's such a beautiful stamp from Susi, so kind! Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Neet said...

I love how you have used so many different embossing powders to create this page - it looks fantastic! The dark background is the perfect foil for those dragonflies and the quote, with your usual touch of stitching, is lovely.
Thanks for the share.
hugs, Neet xxx