Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Plant Your Wishes


Today we have a new host at Art Journal Journey.  She is also a first time host.  Please welcome Eileen aka The Artful Crafter.  Her theme this month is Dreams and/or Wishes.

I seldom take time to share my step out photos, but there was so much going on in this entry, I thought I would show how I got to the final completed journal page.

I began with a texture plate that was meant for polymer clay.  It was a perfect "rubbing."  

I laid the plate, texture side up, beneath the card stock and rubbed HARD with my blue and green glitter crayons.  The brown crayon was easy and I even got a bit carried away, it was so soft.  Sadly, the glitter doesn't show in the photos, but I assure you, it is there.

The next step was to secure the stencil I won recently during Valerie's giveaway.  Using a tampon (yes, these feminine hygiene products are great for spreading and blending dye ink through a stencil), I colored the lovely flower and blooms.

Then it was time to plant my wishes so they can bloom.

but of course I forgot something I'll get back to later.

I was running out of alpha letters and had to improvise.  I didn't have enough to create the word "wishes," so had to settle for the "wish" I found in a set of stickers.  The alpha letters were so old, even though I pressed and swiped them with a faux credit card, they didn't want to stick.

Next, I planted my wishes in the ground.  These were computer generated and colored using two water soluble crayons.

 

Remember I said I forgot something when I took the first photos of the completed journal page?  I decided to make an effort to document the date, at the very least, of my first completed spread each month.

For this page, I started with 8.5 X 11 inch (21,59 X 27,94 centimeter) 110 lb card stock.  I walked you through how I created the page from the beginning, so I won't repeat that here.

Thanks for joining Bleubeard and me today.  I hope you will join Eileen, Susi, Bleubeard, and me this month at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by Dreams and/or Wishes.  Please be aware, we want to see your altered book pages, journal pages, loose journal art, canvases, fabric pages, and digital art.  However, we cannot accept cards, ATCs, ATCoins, tags, or 3-D art, and will be forced to delete your entry.

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic page! not time, off to the doc's here, got such a bad back. Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

This is an amazing page Elizabeth. I love how you created that pretty texture. I never thought of making a rubbing. I need to try that. Eileen should be a fantastic host this month. I am looking forward to join her challenge. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

I enjoyed watching you build your pretty and colorful page.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

What a beautiful start to our October theme at AJJ, Elizabeth. You think of such clever ways to use all sorts of materials in your art. You outdid ourself with tampons - lol. Eileen xx

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Love this. But I would, being one who appreciates the grand Nature of seeds.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Meggymay said...

A fabulous page, it was a good tip to use the texture plate like a brass rubbing plate, it must have a super tactile feel to the touch. It is a good AJJ theme that Eileen has chosen.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

Very pretty and I love hearing about your process. Process always intrigues me.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Beautiful page, and I love the color choices.

Sandra Cox said...

This is just beautiful. It's so delicate.
Got to admit, I would have never thought of using feminine hygiene products for this. Ha.Ha.

froebelsternchen said...

This is really an amazing page Elizabeth. I love how you created that superb texture. I love rubbings - should do a few backgrounds again.
A great entry for the new topic!
Happy AJJ!

Susi xxx

Sharon Madson said...

I like the process you used. It turned out pretty, Elizabeth. Thanks for sharing.

Halle said...

I love how you made this page. Its really quite lovely.

kathyinozarks said...

This is such a lovely page-and I enjoyed the tutorial too-great techniques. sounds like a fun theme as well Kathy

Caty said...

What a so so gorgeous Art page Elizabeth !! I loooove it, love the soft colours, and the lovely seeds you have planted!! Hope all your wishes come true! Thanks so much for your fabulous tutorial.
I wish you a very nice Thursday, biiiiiig hugs
Caty

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a beautiful page, and the colours look so good together.

Happy October Wishes.

All the best Jan

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, that's definitely dreamy - the soft air-brushed look of the flowers is wonderful and I love the subtle patterning of the crayon rubbing in the background.
Alison x

Birgit said...

Great looking art piece and I love the background and the flower. Everything works so well.

Neet said...

This is so different - i never would have thought of using a rubbing to create a background but I will from now on. It looks amazing. The flower works so well against that background.
Hugs, neet xxx