Monday, September 30, 2019

September complete, October, 2019 ready in my never ending calendar, and a tag, too


Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Time, I though I should show my September calendar that is now complete, as well as my October calendar which is ready to be written in.

But first, I want to share a tag I made for Tag Tuesday.

Joan's theme this fortnight is Trees.  Additionally, Try it on Tuesday wants us to think Hot, Hot, Hot!  That's what I tried to do when I made this.

Another hole reinforcer I stamped, this time with a rubber stamp that has ancient words on it.  The camera was not my friend for this tag.

Unlike my American friends, I am NOT a fan of the word "Fall" replacing autumn.   However, I will gladly use it in this instance.


It's time for us to Fall into Autumn.  It's ironic and quite fortuitous that Moo Mania and More's theme this fortnight is Autumn Glory.  I'll be linking there, too.



Falling leaves help reinforce that.

However, the real focus should have been on the tree

now completely devoid of leaves

and heat embossed, too!



I finally got a decent photo of my stamped hole reinforcer,

so took an extra photo just in case!

For this tag, I began with a piece of used file folder that I painted using two colors of fluid acrylics: Quinacridone/Nickel Azo Gold and Red Iron Oxide.  Once the paint was dry, which was overnight, I sewed the black construction paper to the file folder using variegated thread.  To give a bit of additional color to the construction paper, I used the (only) decorative stitch on my sewing machine and sewed around the outside, again using the same variegated thread.  I printed the computer generated words using my laser printer, then attached them to heavy cardboard using PVA glue.  While those were drying, I used my handmade baby powder filled pouncer, then stamped the tree (very old wood mounted Stampington red rubber) using VersaMark.  I then added black embossing powder, but failed to remove all the excess bits as I should have.  Next, I added the words and the leaves using red liner tape.  I then stamped a hole reinforcer, punched a hole, and added it to the tag.  Finally, I added fancy fibers from my stash.

I hope you will join me at Tag Tuesday, Moo Mania and More, and Try it on Tuesday.  These three challenge blogs have very fine artists who make incredible art.

Now for my calendar pages as promised.

Sadly this shows how very boring my life is.  Feel free to enlarge to see the minutia.  This month was all about the art and autumn rolling in.

It's fairly obvious, October is all about pumpkins, black cats, and Halloween.

I'm quite sure I'm no better stamping than I was when I started this calendar last December, but I was also surprised how many stamps I had that I could use for a specific month.

Thanks for joining me as I shared my monthly never ending calendar.  You won't find it anywhere in the world, except on my blog.


29 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful autumnal tag, stunning!
Thank you so much for joining it at Moo Mania &More and Try It On Tuesday!
Another month over ..time flies, I am always impressed to see your busy month at the calendar , you do so well to always make it.
Happy start of the new week!
Susi xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag Elizabeth, love the colours in the background, I always love the colours of autumn. And thanks for joining us again at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated. Glad your planner is all filled in, you have been busy. Enjoy the last day of the month, Valerie

Helen said...

I love your tag!

Iris Flavia said...

A clever one!!!!
Indeed I always fall into Autumn, literally, it knocks me off my feet...

This is a beautiful piece of artwork, though!

I love your calendar! I´m sadly just floating at the moment...
I do have two stamps, too! Two hearts, oh, my, I really loose big here ;-)

Rosie said...

A wonderful post, Elisabeth

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I like that tag. Those little leaves are very cool. I totally forgot about Moo Mania this month. Ugh. Good for you to remember and make such a beautiful tag. And I like that giant pumpkin on your October calendar. Fun! See you later for T. Hugs-Erika

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful autumnal colours and fantastic post.x

Barbara said...

Lovely tag that reveals a lot of thought and work!

Sami said...

I always like your calendars Elizabeth. The black cats and pumpkins stamps are very cute.
Your dark tree with the orange background reminded me of an African picture.

magiceye said...

Wonderfully creative!

Meggymay said...

It is a truly beautiful autumnal tag, the rich seasonalwarm colours are lovely and I am so happy you have linked this with us at TRY IT ON Tuesdays as well.
Your calendars look good as well and I;m sure Bleubeard and Squiggles will be pleased you added those cat images with the pumpkins for the coming month.
Yvonne xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your tag is lovely. Great Autumn colors. I like your calendar pages. I can't believe another month has gone by.

Cindy McMath said...

Lovely autumn tag! One of my favourite colours, and the bits of stray embossing powder look like falling leaves blowing off the tree. And I always love seeing your calendar pages. That happy little jack—o-lantern is so sweet!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

It's a wonderful tag, Elizabeth. The tree is stunning! It doesn't look like a stamp, so I'm thinking maybe you drew it with an embossing pen. Whatever - I love it. Eileen xx

da tabbies o trout towne said...

the tag is AWESOME Elizabeth..... as da tabbies say ...984 PAWZ up !! :) ♥♥

Susan Kane said...

Lovely!

Joan said...

Lovely tag, great background with those gorgeous colours

Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge


Joan

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is a beautiful Autumn tag - signs of Autumn are already around, although we are quite wet here at the moment - flooded fields and roads everywhere! Thank you so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! I love your calendar pages although as you know I love to celebrate Autumn more than Halloween! Hugs, Chrisx

Halle said...

Love the tag!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful tag! The hot fall colours are the perfect backdrop for your tree, leaves and fabulous quote - I love it 😀. Your calender pages made me smile too, the fun pumpkins look gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Jeanie said...

I really love the tag, Elizabeth. Those colors are fabulous! It truly says autumn to me (even without the word!)

Divers and Sundry said...

Best Tag Ever! Perfect for the day. I think of "Fall" and "Autumn" as interchangeable and like this play on the words.

Michele said...

this is a stunning tag with such wonderful textural elements! so glad you've linked up to tag tuesday again! xo

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow! Your tag is gorgeous!
I do like your calendar pages too.

All the best Jan

RO said...

OMG the way your colors turned out for that tag is simply brilliant. The colors are perfect for the season. And I must say that your October calendar is totally fun to look at. Makes me want to put up an October planner for my next post too(lol) Hugs, RO - ps. - your life is NOT boring at all.

Birgit said...

I love the tag with the swirly orangy background. The embossed tree is perfect for this background. The calendar page is fun and makes me think of calendar pages one could try

Joan said...

What a great autumn/trees tag!! Our trees are just beginning to change here. Thanks for joining my challenge at Tag Tuesday!

Sandra Wright. said...

Such a gorgeous tag,,love the background..x

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - I missed this gorgeous autumn tag at the time (I just found it via the Tag Tuesday link) - the embossed tree is simply lovely, and I see we were thinking alike on the falling leaves! Fabulous burnt orange background and I love the stitching detail.
Alison x