Saturday, October 20, 2018

Let's Play Together


Linda of heARTfully inspired by Linda is hosting Art Journal Journey this month with her theme Creature Comforts.  As I've mentioned before, when I originally saw the prompt, my thoughts immediately went to creatures, so that is what I focused on today.

The turtles are here to play.

Some sea sponge has drifted onto the sand,

while the bird has been collecting shells for his collection.



These creatures want to play together, so I'll stand by and watch.

For this page I started with an image of a single turtle on a beach I found in an old art book.  To that, I added the sea sponge, blue turtle, and bird.  Last, I added the words "Let's play together" using my blue metallic gel pen. 

Bleubeard and I are so happy you chose to join us today and hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey

 

18 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page, the little turtles are sweet. Hope you are feeling better, Valerie

Sami said...

There are some beaches in Australia where you can see turtles coming from the sea and laying their eggs in the sand.
This page reminded me of that :)
Have a lovely weekend Elizabeth.

kathyinozarks said...

I love this page

CJ Kennedy said...

An adorable idea. Hope you're feeling better.

Barbara said...

So sweet, Elizabeth! My sister does turtle nest rescue work where she lives on the NC coast. Sometimes she is up in the middle of the night helping the newly hatched tiny creatures make their way to the sea withiut succumbing to prey or other hazards that would kill them.

Caty said...

I hope you feel better today Elizabeth, so you could enjoy the weekend.
This Art page is absolutely wonderful and so tender. I love these sea sponges, but I love love these little turtles with the bird. Great !
Big hugs, Caty

Meggymay said...

This page looks so restful with the waves and the creatures.
I do hope they get to play together
I hope you are feeling a bit better today Elizabeth. Take care of yourself.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Fun. I went and walked the beach yesterday and I saw one of these birds. I think it's a killdeer. The name is based on the call they make. I like the turtles. It would be great to see baby turtles hatching on the beach, wouldn't it? Hope you're feeling better, or at least on the improve. Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a lovely thought of the turtles and the little bird playing together on the seashore! I do hope you are getting better dear Elizabeth! Hugs, Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a great page! The seafoam adds lovely texture and the turtles are adorable 😀. Sending you get well wishes! J 😊 x

froebelsternchen said...

What a lovely page , the little turtles are so sweet and the seafoam adds such a fantastic organic texture. Hope you are feeling better today! Keep good care of you!
Thank you for yet another fabulous page linked to Linda's theme, I added it to the linky for you - hope that is o.k.!

Big hugs and get well wishes for you from
Susi

Cindy McMath said...

What a lovely, whimsical page!

Linda Kunsman said...

You must know how I love this page, and such sweet images too! have a great weekend!

Divers and Sundry said...

I'd enjoy playing at the seaside with those turtles. :)

aussie aNNie said...

Super fabulous post, just love this. Sorry to read in your comment you are still unwell, sending healing hugs.xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Sending healing wishes to you, hoping you feel better soon.

I loved seeing the turtles, a lovely page.

All the best Jan

craftytrog said...

Such a wonderful page! I love those turtles!
Alison xxx

Jackie PN said...

How fun this page is! And yes, let's do all play together, nicely that is!
Jackie xx