Thursday, May 24, 2018

Come sit with me


I'm sure you can tell that I'm once again joining Jo at Let's Art Journal, our host this month at Art Journal Journey whose theme is flora and fauna.


The sentiment, "Come sit with me," was painted using my beautiful watercolor crayons that are still my go-to coloring tool.

I fussy cut the cat and positioned it on the concrete bench.  She was inviting her friend to join her.

The dog, which I also fussy cut, was not quite to scale, but I was hoping no one would notice.  Finding two animals to scale became a real challenge.

This was created in my large journal.  The focal element was an old calendar page.


Thank you so much for joining me today, and I hope you will join me at Art Journal Journey, too.


20 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, I am sure the cat will enjoy being larger than the dog! Have a great day, Valerie

Lenie said...

Instead of the dog, I want to sit there 😊. It's a beautiful garden!

froebelsternchen said...

What a wonderful garden for the friends and such a noble bench. I would like to have such a bench in my garden...lol!
I wouldn't have noticed that the cuties are different scaled if you hadn't told.
A perfect entry for Jo's theme my friend!Thank you Ms.Dr.E.!
Have a happy day!
Hugs,
Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! Those spring blossoms and flowers add a real zing of colour to the page and I love how you added the cat and dog too - wonderful 😁. Thanks so much for another brilliant AJJ entry and enjoy your day! J 😊 x

My name is Erika. said...

I just thought it was a little dog. Having only ever owned shelter dogs, I know they sometimes look like one breed but with the wrong size. I think it looks like a beautiful garden, and it makes a great page! I'd sit on that bench and enjoy those blooms, and the critters too. Hope all is well with you. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a pretty page, and I would happily sit with kitty without much coaxing. Enjoy your day!

Barbara said...

I would enjoy sitting there too! Very serene page.

Caty said...

Lovely page Elizabeth !!! I like very much the expressions of both cat and dog, amazing garden!!
I wish you a very nice afternoon, big hugs, Caty

aussie aNNie said...

Awesome post, love the fussy cutting and the cute garden scene. hugs...[aussie aNNie blog]

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Elizabeth, I am loving this page-very sweet with the kitty asking the dog to sit with her. I think it is all just perfect.
enjoy your day hugs Kathy

Sandra Cox said...

Pretty kitty. Pretty flowers. Purrfect. Okay, the dog adds a nice touch too:)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth; this is really neat !! I think you did a great job with the cut out of the cat and the dog, and whose to say the dog's not a puppy ☺☺

hope you all have a great weekend, and now that I know what WOYW means; I understand yesterday's post !!!!!!!!! ☺☺

hi to bleu and squiggles; see ya next week ♥♥

Meggymay said...

That is a beautiful garden page , I would enjoy sitting there. I love the fussy cut cat and dog. The cat looks very much in charge of the garden seat and I honestly thought it was a small breed of dog, till I read all the post.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said! Very nice piece -- especially the cat. (At first I wondered if it was Bleubeard!)

Halle said...

How fun! Great collage work and mad cutting skills. :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Elizabeth! This really made me smile - how clever!! Hugs, Chrisx

Cindy McMath said...

Oh I like this a lot Elizabeth! I think that is how cats see dogs. :)

Rita said...

Flowers, cats, dogs--what could be better to sit with. :)

Anonymous said...

Love to see the kitty lording over the dog, as they usually do. Wise dog that stays away from this large cat...Sweet page. xox

Divers and Sundry said...

Azaleas and tulips! What a beautiful garden!