Monday, May 21, 2018

365 Day Art Challenge: Week 20


Here are my collages for Week 20.  This 365 something project was created in part and hosted by Hanna at i Hanna.

In case you missed them, here are Week 19's cards.  As I'm sure you know by now, I post every Monday morning for the previous week.  All my collages are 4" X 4" (10,16 cm X 10,16 cm).

High School


Home for sale

The housing crisis


Study in black and gray


What the ?


Perplexed


Call me
Thank you so much for joining me today.  If you are playing in Hanna's 365 Something project, please let me know and I will be by to see what you are making.  Please let me know if you like any of these.  As always, I am very grateful for your continued support of my art.


19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful collages. This time I like 'call me ' best. Have a good week, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

The last one is my favourite! You are so busy to get all these done every week! And fabulous titles again!
Happy new week Elizabeth!
Hugs, Susi

My name is Erika. said...

I always enjoy this. I am wondering what different colored eye day was in the What the? piece. I like how you used newspaper too. It's a neat paper for art-and gives it a cool texture. I got a newspaper in japan and I am wondering how to make use of it in my journal and wondering how well it will last. Hope you have a great Monday-I'm not ready for a 5 day work week again but I will deal with it-it's all you can do right? (rhetorical question ) hugs-Erika

aussie aNNie said...

Back from my holidays and catching up with my comments.
A beautiful display and collage, and gorgeous colours...stunning design.xx
[aussie aNNie blog]

CJ Kennedy said...

Another set of wonderful collages. I like the bold lettering on Home for Sale. Enjoy your day

kathyinozarks said...

wonderful collages I really love this set
thanks for answering. I need to find my notes on how to get the mordant on to the paper as I think that is important. I found some tiles for this project and then stuff got in the way and I haven't tried the eco printing onto papers yet-I really want to try that-thanks

Barbara said...

Imagination abounds in your art, Elizabeth. I’m sure it’s highly motivating, but I could never keep up with a daily challenge. I particularly like your last one, the old-fashioned telephone takes me back to the days when every household had only one. Ah, wishing we weren’t all so addicted to modern technology today!

kathyinozarks said...

I might need to do a post on the information I found-this is really cool-easy and uses vinegar and rit dye pretty awesome results
https://crythebird.com/2017/09/28/eco-printing-on-paper/

Caty said...

So so so gorgeous all your collages Elizabeth !! It´s very difficult to choose just one, I keep all !! :D You have imagination from here to the moon... and back !! Really wonderful!!
I wish you a very happy week, hugssss, Caty

Sandra Cox said...

These are wondrous. The first one reminds me of a building at the community college I worked at.

RO said...

Great collages,and I love the reminder of homes and how there is still a shortage for so many. My other fave is the rotary phone, and I sure wish I could get my hands on one. They are so cool! Hugs...RO

Meggymay said...

A great selection of collages. Needing more housing seems to be a world wide problem, our politicians are always going on about needing affordable homes.
I really liked the last piece as well, that page has a story to tell.
Yvonne xx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

What a fun week of collages, Elizabeth. I like the manageable 4 x 4 size. Your sense of humor and (life) perspective come through on many of these. Thank you for some smiles for the day ;-)

Jeanie said...

I love a lot of these, Elizabeth, but especially the house and "high school." Nice selection of diversity here!

Halle said...

Different colored eyes day! Mini-me has a friend with two different colored eyes. I'll have to tell her to celebrate her on that day!
Fun project...love the small collages.

Cindy McMath said...

Another great week Elizabeth. I love the titles as always - ‘What the?”made me laugh. I guess there really is a day for everything. I wonder if Hallmark is selling cards for this special day?! The colour of High School is very lovely and reminds me of a colour I mixed for a paining I’m working on. If I don’t mess it up you’ll see it on my blog one day - LOL. My favourite card though is Call Me. The way you extended the phone cord is brilliant, and the whole collage just speaks to me.

Dianne said...

love your cards Elizabeth! I don't know why, but I didn't realize you were doing the 365 project...I am too, but have been posting on Instagram (only occasionally) anyway, I think my Hobonichi pages count since I do one every day. ;) so maybe I need to get busy and do a post or two about 365 as well...
I really like all of your cards this week...great compositions, and I'm always fascinated by the great ephemera you use!

Rike said...

My favorite collage is "The housing crisis"! It fits to my days now I have so much work to do in house and around. And not so much time to comment - but I scrolled through all your post and read them!
Wish you a happy weekend!
Rike xx

sheila 77 said...

Hello Elizabeth. I've been off-line for several weeks but had to come and check out your marvellous Monday collages - and I'm glad I did.
Here's what strikes me with some of these -
"The housing crisis" - this had me thinking. The title makes it sound serious but I think the little bird is quite happy in his pretty house.
"Call me" - now I can see that this could be a sad story and probably is, but maybe it will end happily, I hope so.
"High School" - oh this is great, of course everybody has a story to tell about their time at school.
"Perplexed" - haha! this is so good too and I love the "perplexed" scribbly drawing top right.
I'll stop now, I hope you don't mind me making up these stories about your great collages as possibly you had something entirely different in mind.
You are a great story-teller yourself with these so-apt and sometimes mysterious titles.