Monday, March 19, 2018

T Stands For Bedtime Tea


As I walked out to check on my flower bed,
I noticed how dry everything was.

I further noticed how the bitter cold we had for weeks on end a few weeks ago

practically destroyed

any flower that had already peeked its head above ground.

I decided to see if it was time to wake up my "flower bed."

Since this is caffeine free tea, I think I'll save it for bedtime.

This beautiful mug was a gift from a friend when she went to Hawaii.

The flowers on the mug certainly signify spring, even if my flower bed doesn't.

I guess it's time to make my bed

and invite a few friends in for tea.  Perhaps you'll join me in my flower bed today.

Now it's your turn to share a drink related post.  It can be photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, books, sketches, mixed media art, drawings, paintings, tags, teabags, teapots, cups and saucers, mugs, scrapbooking, or any other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink. Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.  Bleubeard wants to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time.  




29 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

The flowers in our bed will hopefully spring back when they get more moisture and warmth. Your mug from Hawaii is gorgeous. Happy T Day, Valerie

johanna said...

i hope the flowers are tough, they usually are quite forgiving... fingers crossed:) your Hawaii mug has such beautiful flowers on it, what a nice gift.
happy t-day, elizabeth!

Meggymay said...

I think your plants will survive, they seem to have a built in safety valve that protects them against the elements, water and warmth should help when Spring finally shows up in our gardens.
You have such a dry climate compared to ours here in the UK, my garden problems are the opposite, melting snow on already wet earth and so cold that it turns to ice overnight.
Your mug looks lovely, the flowers are so vibrant and pretty, I hope you enjoyed your bedtime cuppa.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

Yes you are allot dryer than we are-we had allot of rain here again today. I enjoy roobios tea sometimes I add it to another tea. I love your pretty cup. Happy T Day

Lisca said...

Yes, It does look dry. Luckily mostplants are very forgiving. ith a bit of luck they ill till flower, albeit a bit later and perhaps not so abundantly. You could always water them if you think the dryness is killing them.
You mug is lovely and a pleasure to look at.
Have a good week,
Lisca

Linda Kunsman said...

Hopefully the plants will spring back. Can't believe just how dry your area is. Hard to believe it is officially Spring in just hours-and we are supposed to get some snow again! Normally our forsythia bushes have begun blooming by
this time with flowers- this year they are still bare :(
Oh but that beautiful mug makes up for the lack of flowering plants in the garden. We find our Spring somehow don't we... happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

You have green popping out of the ground! ANd bare ground. You are so lucky. Hopefully the plants you lost will come back. Your ground does look so dry though. That's not good. I wish I could share some of our moisture with you. We are suppose to get some more later this week. Eeek. We get it all and you get none. I hope you get some rain. But I do love your mugs. Those tropical flowers on it are really beautiful. Happy T day. hugs-Erika

Carol said...

Your coffee mug is beautiful ♥ The flowers will come back as soon as the get some warm weather and rain. We've had rain all day and as dreary as it is I just have to remind myself that the ground needs it. Soon we'll have sunshine and warm days. ♥
Happy T Day!
Carol

Dortesjs said...

awww you have spring... ;O)) we have snow again ;O((

Rita said...

I'm sure everything will be looking great by springtime! :)

Sami said...

Hopefully soon the flowers will perk up when the sun starts to warm up the earth.
The mugs are very pretty Elizabeth. Rooibos tea, originally from South Africa, is one of my favourite teas.

craftytrog said...

Those pretty flower mugs definitely cheer things up! Happy T-Day! xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Your mug is beautiful and your friend is so thoughtful to send it you all the way from Hawaii! I love that it has the name of the different flowers on it too - perfect 😁. Enjoy your tea and Happy T Day! J 😊
p.s. sorry I haven't been around since last week as I've had the most awful flu, now I just need to get rid of this lingering cough - yuk! J x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh! Come on little flowers - look at those lovely flowers on Elizabeth's mug - you can do it! Seriously, I am sad to see the struggle these flowers are having, not only have they been cold, but you are still not getting much rain are you? I'm sure in a few months time your garden will be flourishing! Happy T Day E! Hugs, Chrisx

Halle said...

Wow! Flowers coming up....we had snow overnight. Love your bed of flowers. :)
Happy T day!

Darla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darla said...

Had to delete previous comment as I fixed my link problem. Couldn't fix the delete though.

I sure like your "flower bed". It is going to be beautiful this spring I'm sure. You will have to show it to us when it blooms. Meanwhile I'll enjoy the flowers on your cup

Sharon Madson said...

I love a garden tea party! Love the mug, too! Thanks for sharing.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I chuckled at the cup of tea beside your (flower) bed, Elizabeth. I had no idea where you were going with this story until I saw the "head and foot boards." lol.

I do hope some of your damaged plants recover.

Happy Spring and Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

Kate Yetter said...

I hope your flowers fair well. We have tulips and Iris's coming up and of course they are calling for snow today, 6-15 inches! And it's the first day of Spring. I am so ready to have this winter over. That tea sounds like the perfect bedtime drink.
Happy Tea Day!
Kate

CJ Kennedy said...

Dry or not you're a lot further ahead for Spring than I am up here. We're also expecting another big storm on Wed. And the weather dudes are hinting for more snow on Sunday. I've been trying to stall the storms over Kansas so you can get the much needed rain/snow. Your mug is very pretty. The Eldest had bought some Rooibos tea once. I thought it was ok, but prefer the black teas. Happy First Day of Spring and Happy T Day!

Dianne said...

You have a delightful flower bed, can't wait to see it bloom! I bet your buds that got cold feet will bounce back... beautiful mug too-such pretty flowers on it! I am ready for some Spring color and grass that isn't tan colored. In our case though, I hope the Spring rains will come a little at a time and not all at once!!! I've had enough WATER for a while! hugs to you my dear ♥

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Tea & flowers....nice....well, flowers in your mind anyway. They will come. The calendar says it is spring but the weather outside doesn't seem to think so, even here in SF.

Sandra Cox said...

Your flower bed looks hardy, Elizabeth. I trust it will spring forth:)
I love that cup. It makes me smile.
Sorry about the computer problems. Ick.
Have you been to a doctor about that cough?

Jeanie said...

I can't believe all the green in your garden! Oh, when the flowers come!

I've been fighting with my computer today too. I feel your pain. Hope all eases up with that and cough and all.

Divers and Sundry said...

Thanks for linking me :) My posts are scheduled for early morning, but it's always later before I get into blogland.

I love seeing your yard and growing signs that spring has reached you even if it's cold and dry. It's raining again here today with a high predicted for 50. Brrrrr!

That mug must certainly be a favorite! I'm a fan of flowers on mugs :)

Thanks for hosting and all you do.

froebelsternchen said...

Oh yes - I can see that rain is required urgently at your end of the world- I hope that not too much then will come at once!
Your beautiful beds will bloom soon, I am sure! I will join in at a garden- teaparty with this beautiful cup - it looks so pretty! I so hope your coughing soon gets better dear Elizabeth! Take good care of you! I hope you will visit the doctor with that caughing if it is that nasty! Don't mind the internet too much - getting well is the most important thing!

♥♥♥
Love
Susi

Marfi-topia said...

love this..I had a flower bed at my dad's house too! yours looks pretty already.
lovely mug!
I hope you feel better soon.
maybe a little vicks vaporub on your chest would help?

sorry about your keyboard acting up :(

Crystal said...




There is no doubt; a whole lot of people are still suffering from all manner of issues of life. What is that particular thing that bothers you? Sometimes, the problem is not the problem but the problem is the inability to identify those who have the solution. I am Donald Camsey from Edinburgh United Kingdom and I like to introduce you to Dr. joy Ray a man who is come to rescue humanity from all issues of life. Ever since the day I had an encounter with him, that was the day my problem got terminated. When wisdom is blinking, it becomes a word for the wise. I would encourage you to relate whatsoever problem you are facing with Dr. joy Ray and be rest assured that with God all things would work together for your good. You can contact Dr. joy Ray via email… joylovespell@gmail.com I congratulate you as you do so, indeed you are the next testifier.you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2347088404185.