Monday, April 20, 2015

T Stands for tiny cup



I showed this plastic egg configuration on Day 1, when I presented my diatribe about plastic.  If you have a few of these eggs, I'll show you how you can turn them into a cute accompaniment to any child's tea party or use them as party favors at your own next tea party. 

Originally, I planned to cover the egg with a napkin,

but changed my mind due to time constraints.  Instead, I thoroughly cleaned the egg and dried it, then spent more time than I cared to admit getting the egg apart.  You want the half that sits on the outside, not the one with the lip.

Next, I found a button I wanted to use and slathered a bit of E6000 on top.

I also spent a lot of time looking for a prop, something that would hold the egg in place as it dried.  Imagine my surprise when it stayed in place without any help while the adhesive dried.

Once set, you can remove the excess adhesive and enjoy your new tea cup.  Perhaps you prefer it be a cocktail glass.  Regardless, it's a way to recycle a plastic egg the young ones will have fun with.

Now it's time to invite the fairies, the kids, or young neighbors to enjoy a cup of imaginary tea.  Or use them as party favors the next time you throw your own tea party.

What's on your agenda today?  Are you reading a new book about a drink, making art in your journal or altered book, whether it's digital, hybrid, or traditional, or are you taking photos as you are out and about?  Whatever the case, as long as your post includes something relating to a drink, please share in the link below, and Bleubeard, Squiggles (but not his doppelganger), the T Stands For Tuesday crowd, and I will be around to join you.




This is Day 21 of 22, and I recycled a plastic egg and a reclaimed button from my stash so the fairies and I could join you for T this week.

17 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

What a fab idea ! You are on a roll with your challeneg! GREAT!
Happy T-Day!
I have to clean up the house.... uff!

johanna said...

i just imagine the fairies gathering and knocking on your door... they will have a great time there! clever Recycling, and i´m sure you can´t stop when the time of your challenge is over These days! happy t-day!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Clever idea! I imagine these could be used to start seeds, too, or even hold tiny succulents or cacti!

Darla said...

That makes an adorable little tea cup. You come up with so many clever recycling ideas.

Darla

~*~Patty S said...

Sweet little fairie tea cup you made E and such a pretty rose napkin too!
You have done a fabulous job with your April days of upcycling...but that is how you roll afterall ;-)
Happy T Day and day before your birthday/bEARTHday ♥
oxo

Linda Kunsman said...

what a darling little cup Elizabeth! Another great way to recycle. Happy T day to you!

Halle said...

Super cute!! I'd never have thought of that one! Good eye for possibilities.

Divers and Sundry said...

Sweet! This is such a cute idea! I also love the other comment about planting a small succulent in there.

Krisha said...

Very clever idea....LOVE it!!

dawn said...

Hello Elizabeth! Happy T Day! I didn't have time to join this week, hope to next week. LOVE this clever idea, how pretty it is, Sienna would love to have tea in a special cup like that. You never run out of ideas for anything do you, YAY!!

I wanted to wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY early since I won't be around tomorrow. My sisters and mom are watching a movie and having lunch tomorrow. The only day this month we all had free and could do it.
Wishing you the happiest of birthday's for tomorrow and the whole year!!!!
My sister with the new kitten just told me this morning how adventurous Flynn is lately, getting into stuff he's never gotten into before. He runs all around the house and loves to chew on things he shouldn't be now. LOL. Hope your kitten isn't too adventurous for you.
Take care, sending love and hugs and smiles to you today!

Carol said...

Cute idea! Something I will have to remember to do with the girls.

Rita said...

What a cute idea! And without the covering it's washable for kids, too. Nice! Happy T-Day! :)

jinxxxygirl said...

That is such a cute idea Elizabeth!!! I thought i'd join in and let you all know how things are going... No pictures i'm afraid.. i hope you don't mond this quick visit...i miss you all!!hugs!deb

massofhair said...

Genius idea Elizabeth, loving your tiny tea cup very much! :-) xxx

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm still getting malware warnings at http://krishaskeepsakes.blogspot.com . Is this just me? Is there anything I can do to make it stop? lol I can't get through to her site :(

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a brilliant idea! Sorry I couldn't join you for T today! Just seem to be rushing with everything!!! Hugs, Chrisx

Divers and Sundry said...

just to clarify: I'm not getting malware from her site, but I get a flag saying there's malware on her site. It won't let me click through. If it's just me, I'll bet that means I have something set wrong.