Saturday, October 25, 2014

Random photos, random talk


My friend Sally, after marginally recovering from her surgery, took a trip to Massachusetts, where she was met by a friend and treated like a queen.  She told me her friend waited on her hand and foot, something I would never do.

In fact, after taking her home from the hospital, we had to fill a prescription. We were going about 8 blocks and she couldn't get her seat belt fastened.  Those who know me, know I don't wear them, so I struggled (for what seemed like forever) to get hers in the proper hole.  On our way back from filling the prescription, I told her it was her responsibility to buckle up.  I did it once, and she was now on her own.  It took her no time at all to buckle her seat belt when she knew I wasn't going to do it for her.  So, I was thrilled she got to be pampered for 8 days and not at my expense.  I love her, but I can't live at her place, or live like she does.
On my way back to the airport to pick her up, I decided to take a few photos.  This is the second photo I took, 

because I didn't want this truly out of focus one showing up on people's readers or on bloglovin'.  It's no secret this is NOT a point and shoot camera, and must be adjusted to get optimum shots.  This photo reminds me of my old camera, except this one is truly out of focus due to the fact I was driving.

There were lots of cars behind me as I tried to go from close-up to wide angle.

At this point, I nearly ran into one of the guard rail fences, while the single lane of cars behind me watched in horror (I suspect).

Whew, I finally got the camera adjusted, but missed most of the new area.  Here you can see the single lane I was on, as well as a small portion of our "old" (current) airport.

Oh good.  The cars finally went around me and I found a place to park my car long enough to stick my head out the window for this shot.

Apparently, this is what the new airport ticket counters will look like.

I'm not sure, but I suspect this a new parking garage or airport offices.  Only time and more trips to the airport will tell.

On another day, I was downtown, and found this gorgeous stature.  I had no idea it had been installed, and it was a joy to see new art in the downtown area.

Yes, these are random, but they show what my city looks like to outsiders. 

7 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

fab photos ! Thank you for sharing this all Elizabeth! Happy Sunday!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I sure the airport will be beautiful and streamlined when it is finished. At least it doesn't look too confusing (from the perspective of this post) while all the construction is going on.

Anonymous said...

Airports expanding everywhere. Thanks for the photos although I would not like to hear that you crashed into the guardrail to get that photo. xox

Karla B said...

Gorgeous places Elizabeth.Lovely statue too!

Krisha said...

LOVE the park art!!!
The new airport will be quite snazzy, from the looks of the construction.

They re-did ours about 10 years ago, very nice now compared to the old one.

Thanks for sharing.

johanna said...

some of the photos remind me of my trip to denmark from which i just returned: 1000 km each way with lots of road works... exhausting. but if you fly or take the Train you can´t take much stuff with you to get creative...

pearshapedcrafting said...

Goodness Elizabeth! Interesting photos but don't bash your car up...or worse! We are watching new houses being built behind our apartment - a bit closer than we'd like but at least it will be better than derelict land - apart from a little loss of light!!! Glad to hear of Sally's pampering! Take care, Chrisx