Saturday, June 21, 2014

ICADs for week 3: June 15-21



I'm once again sharing my weekly linky love for ICADs, hosted by Tammy at Daisy Yellow, although, if I read correctly, there won't be a linky this week.  This past week I stuck with the map prompt Tammy gave us.  However, I'm wondering if I'm being too restrictive and this is actually stunting my creative offerings.This week's prompt was maps, and I showed my allegiance to Flag Day (albeit a day late) with this patriotic IC.

An old postage stamp and words from a magazine combine with a bit of a map for Day 16.

While looking for more map images, I noticed how much Greenland reminded me of a heart.  So I gave Greenland a little love. 

I went for a bit of humor with this House Boat!

Speaking of humor, I found this ad for The New Yorker and this was part of the ad.  The "bird" was in a different magazine. 

I found a colorful picture of a town in Italy that I glued to part of the map I've been using most of the week.  I loved the picture and wanted to use it, although it may seem a bit contrived.

For my final page of the week, I wanted a bit collage humor.

I hope you found a few of these that you enjoyed.  If you want to see week one's ICADs, you may go here and here.  For week two, visit here.  Although I promised to show my ICADs once a week on Saturday through the end of July, I have just learned read that Tammy is posting the links on Friday morning, beginning next week.  Looks like I'll have to adjust my schedule.
 
Thanks for looking.  I always appreciate your lovely comments and I'm sure other participants do, too.


12 thoughtful remarks:

TwinkleToes2day said...

I am very impressed that you stayed on theme all week with the maps Elizabeth. I did the prompts, but apart from the first day, I forgot about the map theme. I also enjoyed the humour you injected, especially the house boat. Humour like that is really my cup of tea. In your face! Obvious! No ambiguity! Like this:
Why are pirates called pirates?
Because they arrrr!
Hahaha. Love that.
Hope you're enjoying a good weekend :o))

Carol said...

Love the cards and your humor ♥ I love how you also manage to keep up with all the art challenges you do !! I've failed miserably this year.

Cindy McMath said...

Elizabeth, these are my favourites of yours to date - I like all of them! I particularly enjoy your sense of humour and some of the words you've chosen. I have one small concern though - is that first one describing some plan to take over our Canadian North?! Hahaha

dawn said...

Hello, so glad to be here and see your AWESOME AND FUNNNNNY icads!!! I seriously loved the humor and the creativeness for each one. Nice job staying with the map prompt!! Sometimes I felt that way about the prompts last year. I think you are doing good and will continue to do so till the end!!

I am up to date on my cards too and will be sharing for T this week, YAY!! Hoping to get my post up tonight so I will be on time for it.

Going to leave a comment now on this BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL POST BELOW!!!!!!

Darla said...

Great collection for the week and for keeping with the theme. I got a chuckle out of several, I like the humor in these.

Darla

~*~Patty S said...

Maps are something I really enjoy using in collage.
Your ICAD's are fun and give me wanderlust E!
You are moving right along on the ICAD challenges...
oxo

Anonymous said...

Nice map driven icad's. Love the oxygen masks for $2 one, made me laugh. xox

Linda Gibbons said...

I like LL YOUR Maps Elizbeth, especially the picture of italy. Nice job on the week's theme.

joanna said...

Thank you so much for your beautiful comment, I appreciate it :)
Your blog is full of wonderful art!!
xoxo

Craftymoose Crafts said...

All of these are terrific, but I do have two favorites...the one with the cactus stamp. You may already know I grow cacti & also have collected stamps in the past. The one of Italy is gorgeous and a place I am not familiar with. It reminds me of another Italian spot, Burano, a colorful fishing village.

Dianne said...

Love your ICADS this week, and the use of the maps! fun stuff...

pearshapedcrafting said...

Saw these fabulous ICADs but couldn't comment! What a great theme and I just love what you have produced! Made me smile! Chrisx