Friday, September 28, 2012

Smithsonian Museum Day

Just a quick word for all my followers and readers who live in the United States.   Sorry, this post only applies to those living in the US.  Tomorrow is Smithsonian Museum Day.  I took these image captures from the Smithsonian web site. 

Here's what to do.  Find a museum in your area from the ones participating at the Smithsonian site, and go visit FREE.  You MUST get a ticket, but it is also free.  All it costs is a sheet of paper and a bit of ink from your printer.  The link to the event and web site is below.  I hope you have a chance to go AND take photos, too.







Here's the blub from the web site:
In the spirit of Smithsonian Museums, who offer free admission everyday, Museum Day Live! is an annual event hosted by Smithsonian magazine in which participating museums across the country open their doors to anyone presenting a Museum Day Ticket...for free.

5 thoughtful remarks:

Anonymous said...

Oh how cool is that. I bet there are some Boston museums participating. Hope you are going to catch some museum views too! xox

SandeeNC said...

Thanks Elizabeth, I am going to check out the link and see if I have museums participating in it around here! You're a sweetie, I don't care what Bluebeard says about you! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Oh, too bad...My daughter and her friends just went to the Emily Dickinson Museum last weekend! They loved it!

Rita said...

Have fun!! This is great and I am glad you are sharing it with people who can make it. :)

TwinkleToes2day said...

How wonderful! I do hope you're going and report back for those of us not in the US :0)
Although I'm not there, or American, I do enjoy the Smithsonian Flickr images. S fascinating! :0)