Friday, November 13, 2009

Two spreads in my Hands AB

I really wish my scanner was larger or my altered book was smaller. This piece just doesn't split up very well, so I chose to show it all at once, although some of it is missing, including part of the title.

I call this piece 12:20. I took advantage of the magazine page on the hand, then cut the 12 from another page. I used two strips of recycled ribbon, some postage stamps, magazine images, and an old tablet that had writing on the back. I actually didn't decide to write on the tablet page until after I had added the ribbon. No, it doesn't make any sense, just words or partial words to suggest a message to go along with the abstract art. This page was made using all leftovers and magazine images I got from my mailbox.

On a really different note, this page is made from scraps of scrapbook paper. The reason I like this book is because I can try so many techniques using hands as the theme. The style is completely different from what I've been doing, but sometimes we have to think inside the box. I call this page "Homage to Bleubeard." Click either photo to enlarge.

2 thoughtful remarks:

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

you certainly have a great eye for hand images, these are both great and how you've used them in your Hands AB = fab Elizabeth!

Seth said...

Loving both these pages!! Will definitely give you a hand for these - clap, clap!