Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Couldn't sleep, had to CollAHge

I haven't been able to sleep. It's frustrating trying to sleep, but being unable to, so I created art in an attempt to get tired. Although it hasn't worked, yet, I'm sure when I finally do fall asleep, it will be hard and at a very unpredictable time.

I was really pleased with this collage. I used disparate images and a postcard photo that I sanded to distort and remove most of the image. The background is a scrap piece of paste paper. I named it "Flawed Memories." I picked it for the energy I felt it produced.
This collage is "For Kat." Her cat looks a lot like this one. Check out her blog and you'll see what I mean. The background is made from scraps of paper, all of which were mounted on butcher paper, then cut to size. The cat is from an old (2002) Humane Society desk calendar that I've been getting a lot of images from. I outlined the cat using a black Zig pen.

I've been saving this quote because it is so like Bleubeard. I couldn't resist using it, and knew it was fate when Bleubeard jumped up in my lap as I was looking at the completed page. He normally doesn't allow me to photograph him, but I got two really good shots of his face, one of which is now the banner, the other in the sidebar.
This page, titled "Spectrum," uses the last of the leftover scraps on butcher paper for the background. That's why it's not as large as the page. Paper scraps and encyclopedia images were added to the background for a simple spread. The book page scrap in the top middle was made using melted crayons.
I'm totally happy with this abstract collage I call "Behind the 8-Ball." Yesterday, I got six magazines in the mail, and went through them looking for images. This collage uses four images from four of those magazines.
I'm also happy with this spread, which was made using part of the cover of the monthly magazine from our Botanical Gardens, while "The Ringmaster" was from an ad in a health magazine. The ticket was the only thing I didn't have to do a lot of tedious cutting on. I'm also very happy with this collage. Click on any image for a better view.

2 thoughtful remarks:

Linda Manning Findley said...

Goodness me "E" you do get busy when you can't sleep ..... very nice work ... Linda F

Halle said...

Behind the eight ball is incredible!! Your collage skills are really getting honed. Awesome!