Wednesday, August 5, 2020

It's Chrismas in August


Am I rushing Christmas a bit?

Not if I want to join Pinky at Tag Tuesday.  That's because her theme is Christmas.  I was hoping for a bit of whimsy and got glitter everywhere instead!

Because I also wanted to use this tag in a journal setting, I'm joining Alison, AKA Craftytrog, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.

Alison's theme is Pockets and Tags.

Although you'll see three tags,

there's not a single pocket

in sight.

I began this spread by adding some Christmas cardstock as the background in my Challenges altered book.

Then I added the three tags, the larger of which was die cut.  The two smaller tags were cut from a used file folder.  I added hole reinforcers to all before I added the tiny rick rack to the tags.  All tags were created the same way.  I had a large sheet of never-used American Lung Association stickers from 2015.  Instead of trying to remove the stickers one by one, I just laid the sheet over the tags and cut them to size.  I purchased the poinsettia a year or so ago on clearance, along with five others on a card from JoAnn's (a big box craft store in the states).

It was sweet of you to visit today.  I'm always grateful when you do.  Please also join me at both Tag Tuesday and Art Journal Journey.


27 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth! What a surprise to see a Christmas tag, even tags here on your blog. Thanks for joining our challenge at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated. And you turned it into a great journal page, too - two for the price of one. Have a wonderful day, take care! Valerie

sirkkis said...

What a wonderful composition idea, Elizabeth! Beautiful tags with lovely group of pictures.
Have a nice day xx

Iris Flavia said...

If you were an Aussie I´d say you´re late ;-)
(They celebrate Christmas in July, as then it´s winter there, right).
Ewww, I hate winter, but Christmas-season always brightens it up with the lights and the markets. Hmmm, mulled wine, hot beer, nic-nacks, all that :-)
Do you have such Christmas-markets, too?
Will we have them this year ("Corinna")...

My name is Erika. said...

Super tags Elizabeth. That was smart to make them from those stamps. They look really great. And I like how you incorporated them onto a page for AJJ. I also have a holiday tag today-great minds thinking alike again. But I did not add it to a page. At least not yet. Smile. Hugs Erika

Karen said...

I love Christmas tags all year round! Great recycling as well ~ Enjoy your day!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant selection of wonderful tags. x

aussie aNNie said...

IRIS, in Australia we celebrate Christmas in December the 25th and it is our Summer....not July.

Sami said...

Lovely Christmas tags Elizabeth :)

Meggymay said...

These are fabulous Christmas tags and journal page. You got me with the title of your post, I smiled and thought good for you to be thinking in advance as the year is more than half way over.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Nancy said...

Bright and happy fun!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth; these tags are really neat !!! :) LOT better than store bought

hope your day is great; stay safe and healthy :) ♥♥

craftytrog said...

Fabulous festive tags, and I love that tartan background Elizabeth! A great page for my theme at AJJ!
Alison xx

Sandra Cox said...

OMGosh. Look at those gorgeous tags.

Tom said...

...to my way of thinking, you are rushing it. But for some folks Christmas lasts all year long!

Jeanie said...

I love these a LOT. And it's a great idea -- and you can get some tags for Christmas done early. The stamp idea is such a good one and the rick rack is darling.

DVArtist said...

These are really pretty, but uhhh yeah I think you are rushing it. LOL ha ha ha. Enjoy my friend. Oh and thank you for the gifts. I got them today.

Neet said...

A gentle reminder for me that Christmas will be with us before I realise. Love the tags and what a splendid idea to use the stickers in this way. Of course the tartan paper behind is the perfect foil for any Christmas theme and the poinsettia just finishes it off too.
Hugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I have a reason for hardly ever using glitter - I am so clumsy with it and it gets everywhere - 'everywhere' - believe me!!!!
I love your tag and your page and what a great idea to use those stickers in that way!
Hugs, Chrisx

Lowcarb team member said...

Anytime is Christmas-time - well sort of!
I do like your tags and page.

All the best Jan

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I used to say i'd have Christmas every day of the year but as I get older it's less favoured but the festivities and makes are always so pleasing and I do love those tags they hang so well against the tartan. Fab Tags Elizabeth.
Take care & i'll catch up with you soon Hugs Tracey xx

Words and Pictures said...

Those picture collage tags are adorable - love the plaid backing too. I find it impossible to craft for Christmas in the height of summer, but you've cracked it here!
Alison x

Divers and Sundry said...

Christmas! It's something we need to look ahead to in our planning. Your tags would make pretty tree ornaments :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Such gorgeous tags! I love the Christmas images with pretty poinsettia flowers and plaid background - perfect 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

pinky said...

Your tags are just gorgeous. Love the vintage feel and that gorgeous poinsettia. Thanks so much for joining my Christmas theme at Tag Tuesday this fortnight.
Pinky

Michele said...

what a clever idea featuring stamps in your tags, i love it! thanks for posting to tag tuesday! xo

Kokopelli said...

Oh, those tags are lovely! Especially the one with the poinsettia added!

Eileen Bergen said...

Darling tags! Eileen xx