Saturday, August 15, 2020

Dream


By now, many of you know Art Journal Journey's host this month is Alison (aka Craftytrog). Alison has chosen the theme Pockets and Tags.

I give you my latest entry I call Dream.

I began by adhering a sheet of rejected handmade paper to a page in my Challenges altered book.   I tore several pieces from a sheet of German text and adhered them over the handmade paper.

I used a faux credit card to swipe three colors of dye ink over the tag I made from a used file folder (yes, they seem to still multiply in my basement).  I also added the hole reinforcement.

I wound some of my wax thread around my hand, then adhered it to the tag using lots and lots and lots and lots of staples.  Once I was sure the wax thread wasn't going anywhere, I stapled the tag to the page. 

I stamped the word Dream to the tag and stamped the crow on part of my leftover handmade paper, then fussy cut the crow and adhered it to the tag.

This was one of three sheets that was part of the last batch of handmade paper I created before the blender quit working.  You can see the large lumps of paper that didn't get blended that I didn't pull from the paper pulp before I pulled the print (technical term for pulling the print out of a vat of blended paper and water).

In order to hide the staples on the back, I adhered (glued) two book pages to the back side of this spread.

Thanks so very much for joining me today, and I hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey



18 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely tag design. Hand made paper looks very good too. xx

My name is Erika. said...

Does this mean you're back on or should I link you? If you're not on AJJ by tonight I will link you up. Correctly this time too-smile. I love this page. That paper looks amazing and the wound up thread is such a cool technique. Imay have to steal that one sometime. (smile) Is that a homemade book? I love the printed paper next to this plain one. Super page my friend for AJJ. Have a great Saturday. Hugs-Erika

Karen said...

Terrific piece ~ Love the textured paper. He looks like he's building a nest with the thread. Hope your up and running virtually now ~ Enjoy the weekend

CJ Kennedy said...

Love this. The texture, color, depth. Just perfect

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a gorgeous page, with lots of lovely texture! The colour palette is beautiful, tha tag is very striking - I love it 😀. I hope you've had a great week and your internet problems are resolved! Wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

kathyinozarks said...

Pretty page

Sami said...

The the yellow, makes it look very Summery :)
Sad that your internet problems are ongoing...
Have a lovely weekend Elizabeth.

Cindy McMath said...

Wow I love this Elizabeth! Sorry to hear about your internet - who does that?! Hope it gets resolved soon. I’ve been using my ipad almost exclusively for quite a few years. I love it! :)

Jeanie said...

I love your dream tag. It's beeautiful. The bird, the texture -- they work so well together.

sheila 77 said...

Hello Elizabeth.
I like the idea of the file folders multiplying quietly in your basement and the wax thread having to be tied down because it wanted to go off on a trip. You've got to watch these waxed threads. That's clever stamping the bird on your patterned paper and then cutting it out. The scraps of German text look rather nice too.
I like your collage a lot, especially as each piece was made by you, including the hand-made paper.
I hope you've got your Internet back.
Love from Sheila

DVArtist said...

Brilliant. I love the positioning of the crow and the string. Great imagination.

ASTraveller said...

Followers (796) Blogwalking here from Malaysia. Regards! :)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wonderful your journal, great idea from you again! Sweet with stupid ravens!
Have a good day, hugs Elke

craftytrog said...

Wow! I love everything about this page Elizabeth! A wonderful entry for my theme at AJJ.
Hope you're all sorted now.
Alison xx

Meggymay said...

Sorry I am days late calling in, I love this page you created and how you add the wax twine , you reminded me I think I have some of that somewhere in my messy room.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

This is beautiful. I'm glad you decided to use this paper anyway. I like the look :)

Neet said...

So sorry about the internet problems. Can Bleubeard not fix them for you? Or Mr Squiggles? Guess not or it would have been fixed by now.
Well, I love the page you have chosen for this journal. What lovely texture there is in the making of the paper which contrasts with the tag and the torn text.
At first, when I looked at where the string ends as it passes the bird's beak, i thought it was indented into the tag. Now I realise it is more added texture Love it!
Hugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Now, Is this sweet little bird going to find away to get that thread off the tag??? Love this Elizabeth, your paper in the background looks great! Hugs, Chrisx