Friday, November 22, 2019

Pairs


It's once again time to join Rike at Rike's Art our host this month at Art Journal Journey.   Rike's theme is Fruit and Veggies.  I also want to thank those of you who left kind remarks about my fall.  I was in such bad shape, I forgot to link to AEDM yesterday until late in the day.  I am even sorer today than when it happened, but I guess that's to be expected.  I am fairly sure nothing is broken.

Today I've been influenced by two of my favorite journal artists: Jo whose recent post inspired both the design and the colors, and Chris whose pair of pears inspired the title.

Granted, my spread looks absolutely NOTHING like either of these friends journal pages whose art inspired this page (except for the pears, of course).

I remembered that Jo had used gray to compliment her pears.

I thought that would be a great background color for the colors I chose for the pears and oranges.

However, once I photographed the page, the background looked dark blue.

Even the word

"Pairs" didn't photograph well.  It even looks like I made a mistake on the "S," but it's just how the paint photographed.


For this page, I began by gluing two pieces of cardboard together which I then trimmed to 8.5 X 11 inches (21,59 X 27,94 centimeter).  I then painted gray craft paint on the page.  I applied it quite heavy because I was going for lots of texture.  It's so cold in my craft room, it took several days for the paint to dry.  When it did, I straightened flattened the page, and in the process, got a few cracks, which I loved because it added even more texture.

While I was waiting for the background to dry, I printed and cut two sets of pears and oranges, colored them using water soluble crayons (the gift from Cindy that keeps on giving), then fussy cut them.  I also colored two sheets of card stock with orange and green water soluble crayons, and cut two pair with a MS circle punch.  When everything was dry, I adhered the pairs to the page, then stamped two images from a rubber eraser I cut myself using a kitchen knife.  To complete the spread, I added the word "Pairs" through a letter stencil using a metallic gel pen.  I added the dots around one of the circles using the same gel pen.

Thank you so very much for joining Bleubeard and me today.  We love it when you drop by to visit.  We want to thank Jo and Chris for inspiring this journal page. We would also like to see you at AEDM and Art Journal Journey.  And before you ask, I fussy cut the pears and oranges before I fell.  Otherwise, this spread would NOT have happened today.



This is Day 22 of Art Every Day Month (AEDM), hosted by Leah Piken Kolidas and I created a journal page for Art Journal Journey.
 



27 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

I am sorry, as I didn't know you'd had a fall and hurt yourself. I hope you feel better soon.

Iris Flavia said...

Fairly sure seems not safe. When I broke my foot I thought so, too, but BANG, was broken indeed.
Maybe better to check once "for nothing" than having a life-long issue?

I really like your artwork - and the "Blue-ish" touch, too, it looks like the fruits flow in a dream, and isn´t that a nice thought?

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, love the colours. I hope your arm is really not broken! Look after yourself, Valerie

Cath Wilson said...

Love those peaches and pears... there's something so special about the shape of a pear, isn't there? The grey is beautiful. I've come to love grey this last couple of years, having never used it until then. The colouring of the fruit is perfect. Love the texture, too. Take care, Elisabeth and if it doesn't improve, you do need to go get it checked. Older bones are far more fragile and so easily damaged. It's something we all need to bear in mind, even though we think (know) we're eternally young! Enjoy your day!
Cath x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I didn't know you fell and hurt yourself Elizabeth. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad you didn't break anything. Ugh. Your art piece is beautiful.

Cat Stegall said...


love the title!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Nice page, Elizabeth. I love how we all inspire each other.

Thank you for your comment on my Christmas place mats. I'm sorry you're have trouble commenting on my site. It sounds like you've cleared cookies before coming here. It's your computer that retains the info you typed in before in the same place. My site finds your cookies and fill them in. Hope that heps.

Mia said...

Please take care of yourself, Elizabeth. I am sorry for your fall but I hope you feel better today.
Your page is a real inspiration, my friend. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! Kisses!

kathyinozarks said...

So sorry about your fall-I missed that-I think after a fall for a few days we get more sore-hope you didn't break anything
I love your pears your page is beautiful hugs Kathy

Rike said...

I hope you feel better and nothing is broken after your fall!
Your background is gorgeous - I can imagine that it took a long time to dry - but the effect with a few cracks is stunning, it's right it added even more texture! The pairs you have fuzzy cutted out and glued on are beautiful colored with your water soluble crayons, and the word with the metallic gel pen makes the page perfect!
Thank you for another wonderful entry for my theme at AJJ!

CJ Kennedy said...

Pairs and pears. Wonderful title. I agree with others that maybe you should go get checked out just to be sure nothing is wrong. Take care.

Divers and Sundry said...

Falls are scary :) and the 2nd day always seems worse in terms of soreness. I hope you're back to full fitness soon.

froebelsternchen said...

Oh Elizbeth, so sorry about your fall! I really hope there is nothing broken ! Take good care of you !
A wonderful page! Simply GORGEOUS!

Big hugs and I hope you heal soon!!!
Susi xxx

Barbara said...

Like everyone else, I never saw that you fell! I can relate, it’s that time of life and we simply have to be more careful. I’ve had a few falls this year, but thankfully got the peace of mind that nothing was broken. Hoping that for you!

Meggymay said...

Oh Elizabeth I was so sorry I didn't realise you had had a fall. in fact I am upset that I didn't know you had mentioned it. Please look after yourself and be sure you get an opinion if the pain does't improve.
The journal page you created looks fantastic. super pairs of juicy pears and the background colours are beautiful.
Take care and rest.
Yvonne xx

aussie aNNie said...

Super gorgeous & lovely design ....enjoy your weekend.xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is wonderful- I love the colours! I'm honoured to know that I had a small part in the inspiration for this page! I do hope you recover soon! Can you get it looked at? Hugs,Chrisx

DVArtist said...

Very nicely done. I love how the fruit just floats.

Rita said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better really soon!
Cute journal page. :)

craftytrog said...

I love your peaches and pears Elizabeth, and the colours of your page are wonderful!
Take care of yourself,
Alison xx

RO said...

OMG - had no idea you'd fallen and hate that you are feeling yucky. Glad nothing is broken, but if you don't feel better, hope you head out to be checked. Lots of tea, rest and tv for you my dear friend, and sending some NC hugs your way! RO

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, I do hope that you aren't in too much pain and nothing is broken! Wishing you a very speedy recovery 😁. Wow, I was blown away by your amazing page, thanks so much for mentioning me and for being inspired by my Blessed page in the first place 😉. I love your design and the pears and oranges are so beautifully arranged and coloured - perfect! Take care and get well soon! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

Your pairs are pearfect. Ha-ha-... about my comment not your page. How are the aches? That must have been a horrible fall, and falls are always jarring. Hopefully it didn't interfere with your project too much. I love the blue/grey background with the pretty pairs. The fruit work great. Take care. Hugs-Erika

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Sorry to hear about your fall, Elizabeth. I sure hope no bones are broken. Try to take it easy. I imagine that's very difficult for you, but try! Hugs, Eileen

Words and Pictures said...

Oh no, I'm catching up late - so very sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you're right about nothing being broken, and I hope the bruising works its way through nice and quickly. Take good care of yourself.

I'm in love with your fruity page - fabulous textures in the background and beautiful juicy pears and oranges (?apricots?). The shimmering lettering is so cool.
Alison x

Jeanie said...

I love the texture on the fruit, Elizabeth and also the beautiful blue and the texture you did with the background. I must have missed the part about the fall in your other post and I'm so sorry. It sounds so grim and very sore. I'm glad nothing appears to be broken but do take care. They say the second day can be even worse but I hope it shapes up over the weekend.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the colours.
I am so sorry about your fall, just please look after yourself and take care.
Sending healing thoughts.

All the best Jan