Saturday, October 19, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies:


This will be my final Saturday Afternoon at the Movies until December.  I plan to participate in Art Every Day Month, or AEDM during November, and I have a few projects I must show before then.

My internet friends CJ and Kathy are part of this meme where you post your all time favorite films.   I'm not sure I have more than about FOUR favorite films, but I have films I have seen that I can share.  Some I've even seen more than once!  However, unlike CJ, who says the meme cites there is no need to explain why you like the film, I prefer the way my internet friend Birgit reviews films.   They are often hilarious, many times irreverent, but always really fun to read.  Her synopses are not to be missed. If you aren't familiar with her movie reviews, please check out her blog.  I assure you, you won't be disappointed and will probably come away either laughing or smiling.

One thing you should know about my choice is you won't find any "chick flicks" here and any romance is simply a side effect of the major overall film.  And I assure you, most of you will have heard or seen all three of the films I will review today.  I saw them all on TV, but it was several years ago.

The first film, Back to the Future, was shot first,

then the next two

were shot nearly simultaneously.  It later became a franchise and according to Wikipedia:
The Back to the Future franchise is an American science fiction–adventure comedy film series written and directed by Robert Zemeckis, produced by Bob Gale and Neil Canton for Steven Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment, and distributed by Universal Pictures. The franchise follows the adventures of a high school student, Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox), and an eccentric scientist, Dr. Emmett L. Brown (Christopher Lloyd), as they use a DeLorean time machine to time travel to different periods in the history of Hill Valley, California.
Thanks for visiting today.  You may be able to rent these, but I doubt you will find them on either Netflix or Amazon Prime.  This franchise is big business and still pulls in money from cartoons, comics, etc.  I'll be back in December with more Saturday afternoon movies.

12 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

Great choice of movies, enjoy.

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhh, I love that movie-series!!!
We have them right here and can see them in the original (on TV/in cinema it is translated to German :-( ...)

So many (also Australia-related) memories!
Just imagine you could really travel through time!
We could make a better world, too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth! Sorry, but this is once again not something I like. But all three are available on Prime here, I have seen them in the lists. I like to stick to my murder and mayhem! Have a great weekend, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

I simply loved this movies ! Yes!
Happy weekend Elizabeth!
Big hugs
Susi

kathyinozarks said...

Great choices Elizabeth and I have see all of them.
Happy Saturday

Sharon Madson said...

I liked all three of these. We watched them on TV several times. They were good movies. I have always been a fan of time travel, I think the only type of Sci-Fi that I like. Have a great weekend, Elizabeth!

My name is Erika. said...

Great films. These are fantastic picks. I watch them every now and again because they are so good. Happy Saturday. hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I have never seen these, but I have heard of them. I avoid anything with time travel as an element.

Rita said...

I loved these movies! Especially the first one. Just plain fun to watch. :)

R's Rue said...

😀

Sandra Cox said...

The Back to the Future flicks were all kinds of fun.
You gotta love Michael Fox.
Enjoy your weekend.

Words and Pictures said...

The first of the trilogy remains my out and out favourite - such a fun, feelgood film, with really clever touches, fantastic period costumes and settings, and terrific performances from Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd. A true classic.
Alison x