Sunday, August 18, 2019

Monday Murals


While my young friends were visiting from CA, we were out and about another day when they spotted these murals on the side of a building. 

Each is so different, I thought I would share one a week with Sami and friends at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals which will go live at 11:00 a.m. my time.  That means if you want to visit Sami, you'll have to wait to see her mural(s) and links others will share for 11 hours after this post goes live because I decided to post at my normal time.

I found it extremely difficult to get a good photo because there is a very tall row of tightly planted flowery bushes next to this very narrow sidewalk.  

Had it not been for the oldest youngster, I would never have captured the beauty of this mural.  The oldest used my camera and took these next two photos.

As you can see, the bushes are taller than I and I was simply not tall enough to capture the beauty of this mid-western USA farm where a tornado is about to disrupt the beautiful clear sky overhead.  This and the other murals sit outside an insurance company's office.  I  believe it depicts one of the many possible disasters and other policies this insurance agency covers.

If you enjoy murals, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.

EDIT: Since Tom, the Backroads Traveller suggested I link this to his barns link party, I have just done so.  Please visit his barns because they are stunning, each and every one!


26 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a lovely mural, good the kids spotted it. Love the hay bales. I often see photographers in town carrying a lightweight aluminum ladder so they get a better view. Good idea, but I don't want to be dragging a ladder around all day! Have a fun day, Valerie

craftytrog said...

What a fabulous mural! xx

R's Rue said...

So pretty.

Nancy said...

I enjoy murals on buildings, too. This one really captures the rural beauty and conditions in your area. Once you know it's an insurance building, it really depicts a message! Will look forward to seeing more murals.

Sami said...

So glad the kids spotted this mural, it's beautiful Elizabeth, love the barn and hay bales.
Thanks for participating, don't forget to enter your link later on.

My name is Erika. said...

I like it. It is the perfect mural for Kansas, and I love how it even has a little bit of the weather on the right side. Nice find for the kiddies and nice photos for you! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Great mural. So nice tjat these young people are so interested in art.

Barbara said...

So sorry I missed this post! I love building murals and was disappointed to see the only one in our area was destroyed when the building was remodeled. This one is really great, so colorful and I think a very cheerful mural!

Divers and Sundry said...

2nd attempt to comment: I do love public art and think regionally appropriate murals are a real addition to communities. Your guest should consider starting her own blog :) Great photo! Thx!

kathyinozarks said...

I love this mural-thanks for sharing

Caty said...

OOhh this is a lovely mural Elizabeth !! Love it. thanks so much for sharing it with us, and for the links to Sami´s blogs, I´ll see them.
I wish you a very nice Monday, and send you big hugs,
Caty

aussie aNNie said...

Love this mural, it's a stunner.
Just phoned the PO and they couldn't help me with postage dates, typical...they said it could be a customs issue???? A stamp?? Right postage was paid $7 AUD, all packed correctly so it's up to the australia post or maybe your end. I have received a parcel from the US with a stamp delivery in 14 days....getting a bit frazzled as I know I put the correct address and postage on it.. Had it weighed at the PO...grrrrr..

Mae Travels said...

Tornado country always makes me think of little Dorothy Gale, blown away over the Rainbow and all her adventures in Oz. I hope one of the other murals you will post contains the rainbow!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Tom said...

...I'm a barn guy, how neat is this! How about linking to The Barn Collective?
http://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/2019/08/rainbow-barns.html

Rita said...

Funny how the sun shines on one side and tornado on the other--LOL! But I really like it. :)

Bertiebo said...

Very pretty!

Iris Flavia said...

Interesting style, so "to the ground", kinda.

Debbie at Travel with Intent said...

A great mural find.

Joan Elizabeth said...

It is delightfully American rural.

biebkriebels said...

It is a typical American barn, nice painted!

Jackie McGuinness said...

Great murals!

Taken For Granted said...

Barns are disappearing from farms, so it is appropriate for them to show up in art. The tornado on the right side of the mural is an indication of threat to farming.

dee Nambiar said...

That's a cute find.

Have a good week. :)

Words and Pictures said...

Well, that's a great way to brighten up boring office buildings... trouble is, if I were working there, I'd want to escape to the country even more!
Alison x

Jeanie said...

I really love this mural, Elizabeth. It's awfully well done and I love the style and all the color. It does seem to fit Kansas, too!

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased the kids spotted this, it's such a lovely mural, and the bales of hay are brilliant.

All the best Jan