Monday, July 29, 2019

T Stands For Tuesday, the after party


Some of you may have noticed I'm still not well.  I spent the entire day Friday mowing my yard and doing some planting.  I also removed quite a few vines and encroaching branches in my back yard.  I believe I got overheated, since I suffered a heat stroke a few years ago.  I can't keep anything down, I have the chills, and yet, I perspire like a dock worker.  Sorry for the vivid imagery.  That's why I haven't been by to visit, and those I have, I've not written my usual comments.

However, you aren't here to hear me whine, so let's get right to the after party.  Some of you probably noticed I didn't participate in the ATC exchange this year.  Had I been thinking two months ahead, I would have already made something.  However, with the youngsters here and my daily ICADs, as well as other AJJ responsibilities, I simply didn't have time.

Most of everything you see here is from Linda, who is a regular T Tuesday participant.  Her blog is heARTfully inspired by Linda.

Thanks to her, I also have a drink related image.

Linda generously sent me postcards, all of which I noticed were from places on the east coast, except for this one.  This is actually a set of postcards that can be left as is, or torn apart to send.  These made me SO happy.  I'm not sure if Linda knew or not, but the house I owned in Webb City, MO was on the street that was part of the original Route 66.  I often imagined what it would have been like to watch cars en route to their destination on that highway that went right past my house.  This has SO much meaning, Linda and I am grateful for these postcards.

But Linda didn't stop there.  She sent me a gorgeous card that had loads of texture, and a lovely ATC, too.  I always love Linda's sewn art and this is no different,.  Don't you love the adorable tea bag with all the embellishments and the tag with the button?  Again, thank you beyond belief, dear Linda.  I'm so grateful.

Not part of the after party, but I received these from a WOYWW friend, Shaz Silverwolf.  I just had to share them, although I have NO idea what to do with them, other than admire them.

It's now time for you to share your own after party.  I'm sure it will be drink related whether you participated in the ATC swap or not.  Your T post can include gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.

Of course, I would be remiss if I didn't mention this is the final T post in July, so please don't forget to dig up your Second on the 2nd, a post that can be about anything as long as it is one you have published in the past.



I don't believe it.  I'm actually going to get this scheduled before it's time to post.  BTW, I have an important luncheon tomorrow (Tuesday) that I can't miss, ill or not!

27 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry you have not been feeling well, hope you are soon feeling much better. You got some gorgeous things from Linda and your friend Shaz, enjoy. The little rocking horse dies are wonderful. Happy T Day, Valerie

Mia said...

Hope you feel better soon, Elizabeth. Don't be surprised when a little package from Greece comes to you. I sent you a little something, and I hope you like it. I also sent you an email some days ago to let you know, but I think you did not see it. Hugs, my dear friend. Enjoy the beautiful goodies you received.

Halle said...

That's such a bummer you're not feeling well! I never did get caught up with my comments for last week. That migraine was a doozy.
Happy T day!

Sharon Madson said...

Oh, Elizabeth, I am so sorry you haven’t felt well! It is nice of you to share today even when you aren’t feeling well. Linda sent you some great goodies!, and those are neat rocking horses dies! From what you said , I guess you don’t have a die cut machine, like a Big Shot. Maybe you could come over and use mine and have some rocking Horse die cuts to use on your journal pages. I hope you get to feeling better soon! Happy T Day!

Meggymay said...

Sorry to read you haven't been well, please look after yourself and rest when you can. Rest seems to be my mantra these days.
\your goodies look lovely and I'm sure you will enjoy using them.
I missed taking part in your swap this year, I did start the ATC but being ill pushed crafting to the bottom of my list of things to do.
Take care of yourself Elizabeth.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Lisca said...

I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I hope it passes soon.
Wow! Lots of lovely postcards. And also a cup of coffee on the envelope. Perfect!
The rocking horse dies that Shaz sent, cut paper and thin card into rocking horse shapes. But you do need a special thing, like a craft version of an old fashioned wringer. A die cutter. I have a little manual one and a large manual one too. I think you will be quite happy to just look at them and add them to your collection.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh dear Elizabeth I feel for you - heatstroke is horrible! I usually wear a hat in the sun and drink plenty as I would not want a re-occurance. Mind you I don't have much gardening to do and it is hard to be getting on with a job in a hat and with a drink in your hand!! I hope the chills and sweats stop soon! You certainly have got some lovely gifts along with your ATC! I know mine won't reach you yet - it's only a week since I posted it!!! Take care, Hugs, Chrisx

CJ Kennedy said...

Such wonderful goodies in the mail. I hope you are feeling better. Take it easy out there

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

gee, I really hope you feel better......

Linda Kunsman said...

Sorry you haven't been well. Hope you feel 100% real soon! So glad you liked the cards I sent. I only wish we lived near enough that you could go through my box of postcards and pick out all you want...
How sweet are those rocking horse dies:) Don't you have a friend with a machine you could use? If not I'd be happy to cut a bunch of them from different papers for you if you send me the dies.
Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

I knew that ATC looked familiar. What a wonderful gift Linda sent. She is really generous, isn't she? And I hope you feel better very very soon. It sounds like you're really under the weather and that is never fun! Take care. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Wonderful gifts, but I am very concerned about your health!! I hope you get better fast or go in to see a doctor if you don't. That sounds serious.

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous gifts and do hope mine to you arrives soon....fingers crossed....get well soon.xxx

RO said...

I hate to hear that you are not feeling well, but we're okay if you close down the computer for a little while until you're back to being 100%. By the way, you never whine(lol). I used to collect postcards, and noticed that they are very hard to find these days, so it's cool that you received those. I read a book from Richard Paul Evans recently where his character walked the of Route 66. Some of the things that happened and the people he met were nothing short of brilliant. I imagine you living along the route brought out lots of neat people, and I bet you have some neat stories to tell us. A HUGE thanks, but I went into more detail via email. Please rest and get better soon, and I'm sending some healing hugs. RO

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, I hope you are feeling much better soon! Wow, what a stunning ATC and gifts from Linda 😁. She is an amazing artist and I can't wait to see how you use those rocking horse die cuts, aren't they adorable! Wishing you well and sending love this T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well Elizabeth. I didn't know you had a heat stroke a few years ago. Hot weather is very dangerous. I often overdo it mowing my lawn, and not hydrating enough. But also be cautious that you didn't catch something from a mosquito bite. There is something new they are carrying here in Connecticut: Jamestown Canyon Virus. "Like the more well-known West Nile Virus, Jamestown Canyon causes flu-like symptoms." I remember you said the rainy weather caused a lot more mosquitoes to be born there than normal. I hope you feel better soon.

Sami said...

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well Elizabeth, heatstroke can be nasty!
Hope you feel better soon.
Love the postcards and rocking horses you received :)
I haven't been around too much either, as I've been busy helping my husband with the garden and also doing some painting.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Honestly, this seems to have been a particularly bad spring and summer for many of our T-ladies and spouses health-wise. I hope you're well soon, Elizabeth, and all the rest of our friends too! What a lovey bunch of goodies Linda sent you. If you have a die cut machine (I don't recall you mentioning one), you might make a banner of rocking horses. If you don't, you might re-gift them and get some die cut rocking horses in return.

Happy T-day an well wishes! Eileen xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Hi again Elizabeth. You did leave a comment for my T post. I moderate comments due to spam, so comments don't appear until I see them and approve them. Your comments are both now on my T post. :-)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth; da tabbies said to tell you ta eat a bowl of trout soup !! I like that postcard from the Ozark's; I bet it would be fun to take the road trip that's offered if one wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere soon !! ☺☺♥♥

Lowcarb team member said...

Enjoyed your post ... but so sorry you have not been feeling well, I do hope you feel better soon and were able to got to your important luncheon today (Tuesday).

My good wishes.

All the best Jan

froebelsternchen said...

Oh Elizabeth! Take good care of you, I am so sorry to hear you are feeling unwell.
Get well soon!❤❤❤
Susi xxx

Marfi-topia said...

I hope you're felling better today. We rarely go outside during the day at this time of year. Any yard work is done in the early evening to avoid over heating. please drink plenty of powerade to replenish lost electrolytes.
hugs!!

Caty said...

Oh, I hope you are feeling better today Elizabeth !! take care and rest if you aren´t. All the goodies you received from Linda are wonderful, the Atc too, lovely. Enjoy them. these rocking horses from Shaz look beautiful too. What a great happy mail. Great Atc swap !
I wish you ´ll be completely well very soon, and I send you big hugs, take care.
Caty

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

That was so sweet of Linda to send you all those goodies. I tried linking a photo, but couldn't figure out how to do it. Blessings!

Divers and Sundry said...

It's surprising how quickly a person can get into trouble outside, especially if they've had previous heat-related health issues. It's so tempting to stay outside just a little longer, though, and then there we are :(

I'm glad to see from more recent posts that you're better.

Jeanie said...

I'm so behind with blogs that I hope by now you are much improved -- even better than approved, but back to normal!~It's never fun feeling awful; all the worse in the summer when it's so hot. Sending good wishes your way.