Monday, February 18, 2019

T Stands For Family


I want to begin by thanking so many of you for dropping by while I've been sick.  I took your advice after my foodie friend Sally decided I had more than food poisoning and took me to the emergency room at a local clinic.  What might have started with food poisoning either turned into or masked the fact I have pneumonia.  Thankfully, according to the ER physician, because I got plenty of rest and didn't overexert myself, I should be feeling better in about 48-72 hours.   Now that I know I should be eating real food instead of starving myself on crackers and water (coffee, too of course), I can grab soup from my pantry and a few solids that don't come from my freezer.  I'm still not allowed to overexert myself and must get plenty of rest, but after being sick for a full seven days, I am feeling marginally better and vow to catch up with as many of you as I possibly can today.  My genuine and sincere apologies for not visiting these last few days when you sent your love and caring in the form of kind comments, while I totally ignored my blog.

Today you will find me at my dining room table showing what I bought myself at the Asian Market before Christmas.

And because I have been absent for so long from Art Journal Journey, I had to pay homage to our host this month, dear Rike of Rike's ArtRike wants us to use yellow as a notable ingredient in our art.

Today I created an entry I call We are family

Here are a few step out photos.




The middle square is different from the rest, in the sense it was not made from white card stock alone, but had a part of a sheet of a day planner glued to the square and colored.  Because the main piece had a line of black already in it, it became my inspiration for adding the black to each of the squares I recycled from my 365 somethings.
 
For my substrate, I started with a sheet of black construction paper (9 X 12 inches; 22,86 X 30,48 centimeters).  To that I added four squares I originally colored yellow, orange, and pink.  To that, I added a line of black to each when I recycled them.  The final entry, added on the diagonal, included the sentiment which I colored using (believe it or not) a yellow metallic gel pen.

So glad you were able to join me for this art journal entry I created for Art Journal Journey.

That brings us to today's tea cup and spoon holder.

The various cups, etc. they sold at the Asian Market all had different signs on them. 

They also sold two sizes of bowls, saucers (small plates), and tea pots.  If it wasn't obvious on the design, the marks helped you recognize which designs went together.

It's now time for you to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received or purchased for yourself, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  I hope you will join us at Art Journal Journey with your yellow inspired art, too.


UPDATE: Please remember to click on the Free Kibble blog today (Feb 19). You are donating 20 bits of Kibble to both cats and dogs today. Remember, regardless of the answer, it costs you nothing but a few seconds of your time and you might learn something new, too!

41 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I'm very pleased that you finally went to the doctor, pneumonia is not something to play about with. Hope you are soon really better. Lovely journal page, and love the cup and spoon holder. Happy T day and look after yourself, Valerie

johanna said...

so good you are feeling better now - and take all the rest you need to come back to normal!
oh, and i think i didn´t see a spoon of that shape before. but it really looks comfortable for an asian soup!
happy t-day ♥♥♥

chrissie said...

Good that Sally persuaded you to go to the hospital Elizabeth and I hope you soon feel better

Nice colours on your artwork and beautiful cop

Have a good T day if possible and get well soon

Love Chrissie xx

kathyinozarks said...

I was so glad to read that you went to the doctor and now you know what you are dealing with--Please take care of YOU first-hugs if too tired no need to visit everyone in one day-I know we all understand and don't want anything to happen to you.
I love the cups and things from Japan especially-I love their art work so much on the dishes and they are a joy to use.
T Day Hugs Kathy

Lowcarb team member said...

Thank goodness you went to see the Doctor, pneumonia can be nasty.

Rest, keep warm ... and I think soup is such a good idea :)
My thoughts and good wishes to you.

All the best Jan

Meggymay said...

I am so pleased Sally got you to seek more help and that you are now getting some treatment I hope you feel better soon. Don't worry if you cannot visit us, we all understand, you getting well is more important.
I loved you great journal page the squares looked fantastic against the dark background.
Your Chinese bowl and spoon rest looks very pretty, the marking on the base sounds a useful idea, if you want to match more pieces over time.
Happy T day wishes Elizabeth, I wish you a speedy recovery, stay warm and keep safe.
Yvonne xx

Cath Wilson said...

I'm so relieved to hear that you're on the mend, Elisabeth - I was worrying when I didn't see any new posts from you. Good job you did something about it - friends come in handy and she obviously cares about you :-) I do hope you feel a little stronger each day and are soon back up to full health. Pneumonia can hang around a little, so be a good girl and rest, as you've been told, lol.
Love your Asian crockery - I use Asian bowls for breakfast and absolutely love them.
Take care. God bless. Cath x

Divers and Sundry said...

Pneumonia is scary! I'm glad you got medical advice and are following it and am glad you're feeling better and are on the road to recovery. Soup sounds like an excellent plan :) I love the pattern on your tea cup and spoon rest. Their color goes well with the yellow in your art :)

CJ Kennedy said...

So glad to hear you are on the mend. Good thing you went to the ER, pneumonia isn't anything to fool around with. Your journal page reminds me of a quilt. Nice. Your teacup and spoon holder are very pretty. I like the dragon motif on the cup. Happy T Day. Take care and get your rest.

Eileen Bergen said...

I'm happy you had the good sense to take it easy and finally see a doctor, Elizabeth. Please don't feel bad for not getting round to visit. Pneumonia is nothing to take lightly. I had it 5 years ago, had terrible complications and it took me a full year to recover.

Big hugs, Eileen xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I'm sorry to hear you have pneumonia. Please take care of yourself and continue to rest. Plenty of fluids, too. (I like ginger ale when I don't feel well.) And no one expected you to be visiting their blogs when you weren't feeling well. Your art for AJJ looks lovely. Nice photos of the tea cup and spoon holder you got. Happy T-Day to you and Bleubeard!

Lisca said...

Thank goodness you went to the doctor! I’m so glad you are now on the mend. Pneumonia is not to be sniffed at. I had pneumonia last Christmas and it’s not nice.
That is a gorgeous little set you bought at the Asian market. Really pretty.
I hope you will continue to take it easy as it will take a while to fully recover. (I speak from experience)
Wishing all the best plus good vibes,plus prayers, plus a big hug,
Get well soon,
Lisca

Susan Kane said...

our bodies make us obey, one way or another! Treat yourself gently.

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh dear I am so sorry to hear you have been SO unwell-and pneumonia yet :(Glad to hear you got to a Dr. and now have the right meds and diagnosis. Also happy to know you are resting and taking care of you. Love your Asian teacup and spoon holder. Great color combo and design on your yellow/pink abstract squares! Wishing you well, and happy T day!

Sharon Madson said...

I am so sorry you have been so sick! It sounds terrible. And, thank you so much for linking me a few weeks ago. You are a great hostess! When you see this week's post, you will understand. Happy T Day!

Rita said...

Lovely tea cup and spoon holder!
When I saw We are family--now I have that song in my head--LOL!
I'm glad you went in and will be feeling better soon. Spoil yourself and take it really easy!

Helen said...

sorry to hear you have pneumonia, I hope you will be recovering fast now. take care

Cindy McMath said...

I’m so glad to see you’re on the mend Elizabeth! Thanks for stooping by my blog today - I was very relieved to see your post! Such a pretty tea set, and love your family themed page. Fun fact - today (Monday) is “Family Day” in most of Canada. That meant I had an extra day off this weekend - yay! Take it easy and make sure you follow doctor’s orders! Xo

Sami said...

I'm glad Sally persuaded you to go to the Doctor and you have finally got a diagnosis. Take care of yourself, eat well and plenty of rest Elizabeth.

aussie aNNie said...

Oh so so sorry to read you have been unwell, sending big Aussie hugs.xx

Meggymay said...

Hi Elizabeth, I'm back to answer your question.
We are members of the National Trust, we pay a yearly fee which gets us into all the houses and areas that the Trust owns in the UK. This includes car parking sites in areas of Natural beauty like our Lake District in Cumbria as well. As we are now retired the fee is reduced, however we are happy to be helping this organisation to keep these beautiful homes and countryside for the future generations.
We are also members of English Heritage,[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Heritage] which is a similar organisation.
Hope this has helped to answer your question
Take care
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

I so hope you will allow yourself to rest as much as is needed to get completely well again! Pleas take good care of you my dear Co.Admin! I love the vibrant "We are family"
so well fitting the yellow theme and so well fitting your blog people! We love you Elizabeth and many caring thoughts were sent there out into the universe from your blog family - I am sure!

Happy T-Day and get well very soon!
I love these cute tea cup and spoon holder and the little green doily!

Big , big hugs,
Susi

Mia said...

Hi Elizabeth. Please take care of yourself and I will pray for you to get better soon. Hugs, my friend.

Rike said...

Dear Elizabeth, I am glad you are feeling marginally better, pneumonia is bad! It is important not to overexert yourself and to get lots of rest!
I love your "We are family" page - and I think not only of blogging family but also of color family, as yellow, orange and pink are warm colors - the family of warm colors!
Your teacup and spoon holder are very beautiful! And the crochet lace too!
Thank you for your wonderful entry to my theme at AJJ!
Wish you a happy day and all the best for feeling better day by day!
Rike xx
P.S. After February is done I want to join into TSfT again!

My name is Erika. said...

I am sorry to hear you have pneumonia but I and very happy to hear you are on the recovery. That is good news. Nice new tea or coffee cup from the Asian store. It is really pretty and perfect for T. And nice yellow art too. I love that take on we are family. It works perfectly. Take care of yourself and hope you have some time to catch up too. Hugs-Erika

Darla said...

Certainly sorry to hear you've been ill but glad you are finally on the mend. I really like that spoon holder.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery! Your vibrant we are family piece is amazing with those stiking colours and abstract design 😁. Take care and I hope you feel much better soon! Happy T Day Hugs! J 😊 x
p.s. thanks for your comments on my blog and IPA stands for India Pale Ale, it is normally a strong and heavily hopped pale beer which originally it was created to withstand the rigours of the journey from the England to India in the 1800s. These days the US is well known for it's strong and hoppy IPAs as American hops lend itself to his type of beer. Jo x

J said...

Elizabeth I’m pleased to hear you are feeling a little better now you have been diagnosed, I love your dishes, maybe I should show mind as I bought Chinese soup dishes and spoons when we had a dinner party, never used since!
Have a great week
Jan #17

Kate Yetter said...

So glad that you are feeling better. Sickness can take so much out of you, but food poisoning and pneumonia combined must have been awful.

A wonderful piece of abstract art full of color. I love how you have mounted it on a contrasting background.

Your tea cup and spoon rest are so lovely. The yellow is so bright and pretty. I am going to have to check out our Asian Markets for dinnerware on my next visit.

Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Divers and Sundry said...

I saw your question about the reported changes to Blogger. This is what I've seen:

"Google+ Profile: In March 2019, Blogger will revert to only having Blogger profiles. Users that have selected a G+ profile in the past will appear as unknown authors until they next login to Blogger and supply a new display name and avatar.

We are sorry for the inconvenience these changes may cause, but we look forward to delivering fresh functionality to Blogger in the coming year. Thanks for your continued loyalty."

https://blogger.googleblog.com/2019/01/an-update-on-google-and-blogger.html

They are dropping Google+ completely, but they'll continue to support Blogger. Or that's my take, anyway.

Carol said...

Sorry to hear you've been ill ! Hope you are doing better already! It seems to be an unhealthy year for a lot of people this year.

Krisha said...

So good to hear your starting to feel better E!
Your tea cup and spoon holder are very pretty together.
Happy T-day

Sharon Madson said...

When I go to do new post, this is message that appears; I however do no have a clue what it means!

Following the announcement of Google+ API deprecation scheduled for March 2019, a number of changes will be made to Blogger’s Google+ integration on 4 February 2019.

Google+ widgets: Support for the “+1 Button”, “Google+ Followers” and “Google+ Badge” widgets in Layout will no longer be available. All instances of these widgets will be removed from your blog.

+1 buttons: The +1/G+ buttons and Google+ share links below blog posts and in the navigation bar will be removed.

Please note that if you have a custom template that includes Google+ features, you may need to update your template. Please contact your template supplier for advice.

Google+ Comments: Support for Google+ comments will be turned down, and all blogs using Google+ comments will be reverted back to using Blogger comments. Unfortunately, comments posted as Google+ comments cannot be migrated to Blogger and will no longer appear on your blog.

pearshapedcrafting said...

So pleased that Sally got you to the emergency room! Hopefully you will soon be rested enough to feel better! At least eating 'proper' food will help! I love your journal page -such brilliant colours! Your Asian cup and spoon look very special! Happy T Day! Take care of yourself! Hugs, Chrisx

Rike said...

Thank you for your comment on my sunflowers!
Catching up with commenting is almost impossible - you have a big work if you want to do so!
Take care of yourself! Rike xx

Caty said...

I´m so happy to read that you are feel now much better and hope you to recover very soon, yes, it´s very important to rest all the time you could.
then, I want to say that this "family" is wonderful, I like very much the design and the colours you have choosen, great !
I love your tea cup and the spoon layer too.
Very very nice day dear friend, and take care.
Big hugs, Caty

Jeanie said...

Pneumonia! Holy cow- that's really grim. Very smart, hitting up the docs and do take it easy, rest well and yay for eating!

Dianne said...

Oh my goodness...so sorry to hear you've been so ill! And I echo the comments of many others - glad you got checked out at the ER! And are wise enough to know not to do too much. Sorry I've been 'missing in action,' as I've been vacationing with family. I'm currently on a beach watching hubby dig in the sand! Hope you are much better very soon. I should be back to blogging in March. Do take care.hugs!

RO said...

I don't blame you one bit for ignoring your blog because your health is important, and thank goodness you have Sally as such a good friend who recognized something else was going on, and took you to be checked out. Pneumonia is nothing to play around with, and I'm thrilled that you've been mostly resting, taking care of yourself and catching up on basketball games. I hate that you were suffering, but glad that things are starting to slowly look up. Sending some more hugs from NC. RO

RO said...

So glad that you mention clicking on the Kibble site to help out animals. You're the best!

Eileen Bergen said...

I've clicked on the kibble site several times and still can't see the link up widget ;-( Bummer.