Saturday, August 18, 2018

Family


By now it's no secret Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month,where my theme is Count your blessings,

and today we are once again being blessed by family.

I have a great amount of love for my family, which are

two fur babies, Bleubeard and Squiggles.

This cat doesn't look as happy as my two do, but at least it is more willing to allow me

to take its photo.



This photo is closer to the actual colors of the page than those showing the detail shots.  For this page, I began with a sheet of white 110 lb card stock to which I added a sheet of green/turquoise gossamer fabric.  I colored two different white doilies and a white heart doily with green/turquoise ink.  I added a strip of white and silver ribbon I also colored.  Then I added the decorative camera brad and the word "Family."   Finally, I added the cat that I found in an old Dover book on animals that was probably published in the late 1990s or early 2000s.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us today where we pointed out that family is a blessing.  Please also join us at Art Journal Journey where my theme this month is Count your blessings.


17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page. My cat always loved lace because she could tear it apart with her claws! Have a great day, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Lovely addition of the camera brad/button. Family means different things to each of us and as an animal lover I understand completely why they are part of yours. Great companions and i'm so glad yours look happier than the one used in the page hee hee! Thanks for sharing.
Have a great weekend hugs Tracey xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely post with your fur babies. Had to laugh at Valeries comment re her cat and the lace. Cute.
Sad to lose a friend with cancer, my SIL has just had her second breast off and it's not healing as it should. Seems the older one gets the harder it is to heal...
Love visiting your blog...hugs.x

Barbara said...

Ahhh, I can relate to this with my treasured two kitties. It’s lovely, Elizabeth! Re my tutorial on eco printing, you should be fine with a stainless pot. That is actually most often recommended, I just happened to have the aluminum one, and I’m happy using it. Go for it!

My name is Erika. said...

This is very pretty. And what a nice tribute to your co-host this month and also to Squiggles. The color is great. I am a blue and green lady so it really appeals to me. And add those lace hearts is very nice symbolisms. Family is a big blessing, no matter who or what you family is comprised of. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Cute page. Ink didn't really like having his picture taken. Just when you'd get the shot lined up, he'd turn his head. :-D

froebelsternchen said...

What a lovely page Elizabeth! You are happy to have a wonderful fur babies family! I am sure there is normally a lot less trouble with this kind of family as with kids and partners of human shape...lol! I love the fantastic background and lovely details you added.... simply beautiful! A wonderful COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS page! You rock your amazing theme!
Have a great weekend!
I was busy again - I >am< busy again ....
my gosh.. I think it will turn much better in September, when daughter is at school again.
But otherwise ??? This will be a hard year at school again as she has her graduation exam year - and I think it will become exciting...I know my girl ....lol.

Much love for you and hugs for the boys!

Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

Families are a blessing, and appreciating our families is a double blessing. What a pretty grouping you made!

Sandra Cox said...

Purrfect! I love it.

Meggymay said...

I can really relate to the love you have for your two fur babies. Many animals have blessed and given love in our family over the years, mainly dogs but we were lucky to have a very protective cat as well.
I absolutely love this page, the lace and the pretty doily give it a soft look, the feeling of a family living in harmony together,
Yvonne xx

Cindy McMath said...

A beautiful page honouring your boys. That is a great image, and it reminds me of a rubber stamp I had years ago. It was so hard to get a good image from!

Jeannette said...

wonderful kitty page,love the addition with the lace and the white heart,just beautiful,dear elizabeth.
happy sunday.


hugs jenny

craftytrog said...

I love that background Elizabeth! This page is a wonderful tribute to your furry family!
Alison xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, the fabric background and doilies look amazing! You are very blessed to have Bleubeard and Squiggles and this is such a beautiful tribute them - I love it 😁. Happy weekend! J 😊 x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Family is such a blessing and your two boys are such good company for you! I love that image and the way you have teamed it with such beautiful colours and texture! Hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

Of COURSE family is a cat! Mine, too. I love the concept of family and blessings and incorporating your special ones.

Jackie PNeal said...

Such a wonderful page! Because I am a late comer, I guess i did not know about Squiggles! I love that name!
Jackie xx