Wednesday, June 20, 2018

What's On Your Workdesk this 472nd (I hope) Wednesday: Happy surprise mail


Either I'm confused (which is highly likely) or my dear friend and host of WOYWW, Julia at Stamping Ground was last week.  I'm hoping this is week 472, but I will observe whatever week our dear Julia says it is.

Bless my dear friend and Bleubeard's buddy, Neet.  She was so afraid her ATCs she made were lost.   I kept telling her to have faith because I apparently live in the Bermuda Triangle of USPS.  The ATC on the left is for me, since I was her PIF and the one on the right is for Bleubeard who has rather grudgingly agreed, at Neet's request, to share it with Squiggles.

Both are truly adorable and I was so thankful for Neet, since she recently lost a dear friend who lives here in the states and, as a result, has had trouble getting into any creative spirit.  Both Bleubeard and I are grateful for the extra care Neet took in getting these to us.

An even bigger surprise arrived the day before from my good bud(d) Julia.  I was NOT expecting an ATC from her, so when I opened the package with the ATC and all the added ephemera, I was simply stunned.   When I wrote to tell her I had received her ATC, she wrote back "it was about time."  Again, just goes to show how long it takes to receive mail in Wichita, KS.

Two ceramic rocking horses were purchased on two separate occasions at Renaissance Fairs in the Kansas City area.  Rocking horses have never really caught on here in the states, so that's why I love them.  Seems most people never think to collect them, because they are so difficult to find.  However, I believe, after doing a bit of rocking horse research, were I to move to the UK, I would find many in various sizes and shapes.

Thanks for visiting today.  Whether here for WOYWW, or to see what I'm up to today, I appreciate your visit.   If coming from Julia's please leave your number.  Please remember, if you are a G+ only blogger, on Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, or any other social media site, I can't leave you a comment because I'm strictly a blogger!!   Now let's join Julia so we can play voyeur to even more desks this Wednesday.

46 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

You got some great ATCs from your friend, and the rocking horses are lovely. Surprises in the mail are always good. Have a great day, Valerie

glitterandglue said...

Morning Elizabeth. Glad your ATCs arrived safely - they have been fun this year. Lovely rocking horses - and yes, if you were here you would indeed find plenty!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Helen said...

I love those atcs from Neet, what beauties. You will see the same yellow duck on my desk today too! It was kind of Julia (but so like her) to send you one as well. Helen #3

SumBunneh said...

Such beautuful ATCs and I love your rocking horses too :)

Sumbunneh hugs x 
Erika #7

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oooo it's a snap with Helen today as you've got the same birdy image on your desk. Love those ATC's and extra bits and bobs, always happy mail when we receive such mail.
Those ceramic tiles are beautiful more loveliness to add to your collection.
Happy WOYWW.. so glad the 472 has been declared Official :))
Tracey #4

Lillianb said...



Happy WOYWDW Lovely ATCs for your friend and I love the rocking horses

Lilian B #14

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. Fab ATCs - and I love the rocking horses. I bought our youngest granddaughter a cute pink rocking horse for her first birthday. She loves it! Ali x #8

froebelsternchen said...

You and of course the boys got some great ATCs and the rocking horses are adorable as well!
Wishing a happy WOYWW to you!
♥♥♥
Hugs, Susi

Dortesjs said...

great,love your desk, letters and all

Sarah Brennan said...

Those are fabulous ATCs Elizabeth. I love the quote about creative mess too. Have a great week. Sarah #19

Julia Dunnit said...

Indeed, we’re yo to move t9 the UK, as a part of your familiarisation, I would show you around the workshop where Bart has made a couple rocking horses, and drive you through the magnificent Wylye valley to visit a rocking horse maker who actually makes a living from doing it! Meanwhile....lovely Neet, aren’t her ATCs always ‘extra’ with their clever enveloping!

Let's Art Journal said...

What fantastic goodies from your dear friend! The ATCs are amazing, the designs are perfect and really made me smile 😁. I love your ceramic rocking horses too, both designs are so pretty! Happy Wednesday! J 😊 x

Diana Taylor said...

Your little rocking horse medallions are super cute, and I wonder why they aren't so popular over in the US. I love your ATC's - Neet's envelopes are great too. The nice thing about having a delayed post is the prolonged enjoyment of the WOYWW swap!!
Thank you so much for your visit to mine this morning, hope you have a great week,
Diana x #20

Christine said...

Love, love, love those rocking horses - how lovely to get clay ones.
Enjoy the week
Christine #24

Caro said...

Neet and Julia both sent such lovely ATCs - I particularly like the one for Bleubeard! Your ceramic rocking horses are lovely. Have a lovely day. Caro x #23

Sami said...

Lovely surprises from your friends, and love those pretty rocking horses.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, ear scritches to Bleubeard. How cool Neet sent him his own ATC!
Yes, rocking horses are not at all uncommon here, you'd be in heaven!
Love the ceramics, they're beautiful. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

My name is Erika. said...

Happy mail is always fun to get, isn't? Those are nice rocking horse medallions. Those will be perfect in your home I think. Happy Wednesday. HugsErika

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Yay, the ATCs might have taken their time but better late than never! I wonder why Wichita post takes so much longer than other parts of the States? The ATC swap for the puss cats made me smile, why should they be left out? They're a big part of our lives!! Thanks for the good wishes, I shall let you know how I got on!
Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

Meggymay said...

Wonderful Happy Mail Elizabeth . Your two ceramic Rocking Horses look lovely.
Yvonne xx

Annie said...

I’m just catching up with a few of my favourite blogs while I grab a quick coffee. It’s been a hectic morning to sat the least but I’m really buzzing.
It’s always lovely to get happy post. I really love the new rocking horses too.
Hugs,
Annie x #16

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Really fun to see more of the ATC's. I love those 'little' things. So individually unique. Maybe Iowa has an antenna off of your US mail system, our service here has changed over the years. Just too many part timers not knowing what's all involved and not caring. Enjoy a fun week.

CJ Kennedy said...

Awesome mail art. I usually only see rocking horses at Christmas time. Enjoy your day!

kathyinozarks said...

Such wonderful mail! I love mail-the quote is perfect too I may need to borrow that one.
Your rocking horses are adorable! you are right I don't see many rocking horses around here either-and they always make me smile
enjoy your day-yes it is still super hot and humid-but tomorrow the weather people say a cool down for a day or tow-we'll see ha haHugs

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hullo there Elizabeth.. so lovely to be here for WOYWW this week.. and Wow!! What gorgeous goodies and atcs. I missed the anniversary. Blogging is very topsy turvy. Doing current posts on mobile believe it or not. Tedious but works.
Hugs Shaz. #23

Sharon Madson said...

Lovely Rocking horses! I did not know rocking horses were more popular in the UK. Elizabeth, I love, love those little guys on the ATCs. Neet is definitely neat! :) Good to see you at WOYWW! #31

J said...

Hi Elizabeh, isn’t it great to actually get snail mail but especially when they are so lovely, at first I thought your rocking horses were made from those pennies that you squish in the USA, I have quite a few of them!
Thanks for your visit and kind comments.
Jan x. #31

Sandra Cox said...

I LOVE the ATCs (and your rocking horses). Sooo cute. Good buds are a treasure aren't they?
USPS Bermuda Triangle...Heh.

Anonymous said...

I am responding to your comment on my blog: I get it about the heat and humidity- I can't walk then either. That is when the AC makes us happy and just about nothing else, but maybe a Popsicle, if it doesn't melt all over your hands. :) Hope you stay cool.

Marit said...

THose ATCs are adorable! Thanks for stopping by today and I, too, love to see 'sewing desks'... it is however rare to have fabric on it myself, after all I'm a 'paper girl'... I will show the finished jacket (that's what it will be) after my son's birthday in July. I hope your week will be happy and filled with joy. Hug from Holland, Marit #28

Elizabeth said...

Hi Elizabeth & Bleubeard, those ATCs are all fabulous even if they did take forever to reach you ... that's snail mail for you and you are not the only one to complain about how long it takes to reach you ... I swear I must live in the POs hinterlands the time it takes for even the simplest delivery! Love the rocking horses and, yes, they are much more common in the UK. You would have liked the B&B we stayed at last month - there was a wonderful rocking horse in the dining room. Thanks for visiting earlier and your very flattering description of my scrap layouts ... totally unmerited I'm sure but I'm still blushing :) Elizabeth x #30

Caty said...

These Atc are wonderful Ëlizabeth!! beautiful both, and the rocking horses are gorgeous!! lovely snail mail!! Enjoy!
I wish you a very nice afternoon, big hugs, Caty

Neet said...

Was so pleased that the atc's arrived - I did not want Bleubeard to go without - nor you dear Elizabeth. Next time I have to send one it will have to be for Squiggles. Might have to do another for Bleubeard though as well. Shame i did not have a rocking horse stamp to use for yours.
I don't know that rocking horses are abundant here in the UK, I don't see them that much, apart from the huge ones for children that their grandparents tend to make or buy. But i do love your two that you are showing us today. Wonderful purchases.
Thanks for your kind words re my friend.
Take care - Hugs to you all and tickles for Bleubeard and Squiggles xxx

Sue said...

Hi Elizabeth, Lovely ATCs. I have a friend who lives in Kentucky and post to her takes ages.

Love the rocking horse discs.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #9

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Elizabeth, Ooh they look like you could use them as ornaments ( the ceramic horses) Do you do that? decorate your tree with them for Christmas? :) ~Stacy #34

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth, what amazing gifts for you and bleu { squiggles too } !!! your rocking horse medallions are really neat...and for what it's worth...I sent something to a friend and her husband the year before last; it sat in the postal hub for TWO WEEKS before moving....and no, weather was not the "concern"....I could have walked it across country faster !~ ☺☺♥♥

Angie said...

It isn't just you that has USPS issues they are US wide. I had a rocking horse growing up, I didn't know they weren't a thing here in the US. I also have several rocking horse Christmas ornaments. I love them also!
Have a great week!
Angie #40

Hazel said...

Those ATCs are all lovely. Thanks for sharing today - Hazel, WOYWW 472 #17 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, pleased your ATCs arrived, they are so sweet. Seeing the rocking horse reminded me, we've been to the local agricultural show today and there was a company there that make carved rocking horses, they are wonderful and I'll put some photos on my blog for Friday just for you! Have a lovely woyww and happy crafting, Angela x22x

Heather M said...

Hi Elizabeth, sorry I'm a day late! Your ATCs are lovely, and we'll worth the wait I'm sure. I do like your regular pics of all things rocking horse. I bought one for my grandson when he was a baby, and his brother used it, and now his cousin... a well loved horse! Thanks for stopping by earlier and have a lovely week Heather x #13

Cindy McMath said...

I love those ATCs you received! I didn’t know rocking horses were endangered in the US. :)

Lindart said...

How sweet! An ATC for you and one for Bleubeard! They are awesome (Inky is jealous!). And how nice of Julia to send you some ephemera to play with! I've never really thought about rocking horses, Caitlin had one as a child, and now we are waiting to pass it on to her child, whenever that may happen! It's a good thing for you to collect! I just got myself a beautiful new sleeping cat, but instead of all curled up in a corner, this cat is laid full out, so I out her on a chair! No worries about getting to mine late, I sometimes don't get to blogs until Tuesday! Thanks for your visit, and I thought Inky looked cute in her hat too! Meows to Bleubeard, and have a great week! Lindart #37

Annie Claxton said...

Gorgeous ATCs and I love you rocking horses - I have very happy memories of rocking horses from my childhood. Annie C #18

Shoshi said...

Those little rocking horses are just adorable, Elizabeth! What a find. Your ATCs are gorgeous too, and I'm glad that Bleubeard wasn't forgotten, either! Thank you for your visit, and I'm glad you enjoyed seeing everything I've been up to this past week. Sorry to hear that you are yet another who has been having computer problems lately - there is a bit of an epidemic of it, it seems! Mine are well on the way to being mended, just as soon as I can get back to them, after the 100th birthday party I've been making stuff for all this week. All complete now bar a box for the card, and all is now up on my blog. Panic stations over!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #38

Jeanie said...

I love the ATC with the cat from Neet. That's a hoot.

Thanks for your comments. I've much to catch up on in my absence and all. And yes, Molly's having another -- theoretically next week. A boy. Can't wait!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What lovely ATCs and I love those ceramic rocking horses. Yes we do rocking horses well in this country - we often see them in the stately homes we visit!
Yes I do know how fraught it is posting items to you - it's fingers crossed every time!!
Hugs, Chrisx