Saturday, April 21, 2018

A little birdie told me


I'm joining Alison/Craftytrog, our host this month at Art Journal Journey again today.  Her theme is recycle and collage.  And because my journal page is nature inspired, I am also linking to my friends at Try it on Tuesday, whose theme is nature's beauty.


I call this one "A little birdie told me."

It's obvious my tension still isn't fixed, but I've done everything I can do to correct it and after awhile, I think I've made it even worse.

Straight stitches around the doily were better than zig zag.

A postage stamp butterfly was used to compliment the butterfly I stamped at the top of the page.

I added a piece of leftover lavender printer paper to the right side.

For Day 21 of 22 leading up to bEARTHday, I started this page, which will go into my large art journal, with shaving cream paper.  I stamped a butterfly, then sewed the focal image, doily, and lavender paper to the page.   On top of that, I added a postage stamp of a bird and a butterfly postage stamp.  All items were recycled with the exception of the shaving cream paper and the variegated thread.

Thank you again for joining me today, and I hope to see you at Art Journal Journey and Try it on Tuesday, too. 


21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Another beautiful page Elizabeth. Thanks so much for joining us again at TIOT, much appreciated. Have a nice day, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

This is so lovely made Elizabeth! The goldfinch is so sweet with his yellow color against the purple flower! And the little stamps fit this so well and wow the sewing is just FANTASTIC here again and makes a fantastic artistic addition - a gorgous style of collage and so very organic. And the sewing is so much more ecofriendly than gluing! You really ROCK the bEARTH-month Elizabeth and make us happy at Try It On Tuesday- thank you for joining us again- and as you know you are a fantastic source of inspiration for the gals at Art Journal Journey always! You make me happy this morning again!
Happy Saturday my friend!
Hugs, Susi

RO said...

Thanks for sharing the purple love, and it's so cool how you found that stamp that works so well! The shaving cream just brought back a memory from back in the day. I used to belong to this group that did snail mail sweepstakes, and we always felt that an envelope that attracted more attention would get us a sweepstakes win. There was this lady who did shaving cream envelopes which I thought was pretty fabulous, and she made really good money selling them in packs of 25. So brilliant the ideas that you come up with! Hugs...RO

CJ Kennedy said...

A very beautiful, Spring page. Tell the little birdie to whisper to Mother Nature to hurry Spring up.

Meggymay said...

Its a lovely title for this beautiful page. I hope the little birdie told you lots of secrets.
You found a lovely picture to use and dodgy tension or not the stitching looks fantastic.
It is a really lovely Nature's beauty page that you are sharing with us at TioT's today. Thank you for joining us all over there.
Yvonne xx

Rosie said...

I love your gorgeous Spring page, Elisabeth

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

kathyinozarks said...

Lovely page Elizabeth

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL creation and I can see I am going to have to get my ols Janomie out and start sewing again....on my cards. Birthday> When is your birthday.xxx 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Jeanie said...

Happy Earth Day! This is such a great idea for a challenge -- nice!

Birgit said...

Love this spring page with the pretty bird and the soft lavender colours. I love the background paper with the splash of colours and the butterfly

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Very pretty page, Elizabeth. Sewing machine tension adjusting is a pain. But wonky stitches on a mixed media page is more interesting to me ;-)

Thank you or your comment on my latest journal, Elizabeth. I don't know if there's a WordPress plug-in for enlarging images like Blogger has, but I'll check. We have a cleaning service - two ladies who come for four hours every other Saturday. It is a luxury, but I've never gotten the hang of mopping tile floors. I just make mud - lol. I do all the rest of the cleaning between their visits.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! The little bird image looks wonderful on the background you created and I love how you stitched the doily in place too 😁. It's always a joy to see your posts and thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊 x

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the goldfinch and butterflies against your purple background. We got goldfinches for the first time this year, so you are making a hit with me :) Nice arrangement!

sheila 77 said...

This is lovely, Elizabeth, and the two postage stamps are perfect additions.
Ah, machine embroidery tension! At collage, at one stage, we were actually told to loosen our tension to make arty stitches like this, so you can be proud of your artistic tension.

Joan said...

Lovely journal page with that gorgeous bird and the pretty flower, love the stitching too

Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday Challenge
Joan

aussie aNNie said...

♪♪A little birdie told me it was your birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY lovely lady across the miles.♪♪ 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]


craftytrog said...

That little bird made me smile! Another wonderful page Elizabeth!
Alison xox

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love your nature inspired journal page ...

All the best Jan

Rike said...

A lovely Nature's beauty page! I love the colors, the background fits perfect, and I love your stitching with this artistic tension :)

Marjut said...

Lovely nature`s page. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My! I think this is one of my all time favourites! That lovely bird on those Spring flowers, the sewing, the colours and the added butterflies! So, so pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Hugs,Chrisx