Saturday, March 24, 2018

I Love Paris in the Springtime


I'm once again joining Rosie at Rosie's Kleine Bastelwelt (Rosie's Small Craft World) this month's host at Art Journal Journey with her theme Spring.

I would love to visit Paris, and I believe visiting in spring would be the perfect time to do so.


Nothing says Paris more than the Eiffel Tower.

Yes, I truly DO love Paris in the springtime, at least in my dreams.

For this entry, I started in my Challenges altered book.  I laid down the beautiful wrapping paper I saved when I won Gaby's giveaway a few months ago.  The washi tape also came from some of the gifts she wrapped so carefully.  I cut a piece of colorful cardstock sent to me by Erika on which I stamped the Eiffel Tower.   I colored a computer generated sentiment and added it to the page.

Thanks for joining me today and thank you for your visit.  I also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey, too.

21 thoughtful remarks:

Marfi-topia said...

beautiful! this has so many layers to it..very very nice.
Now I have the song stuck in my head, lol

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page, Paris is great at any time of year. Have a nice weekend, Valerie

Dortesjs said...

Love the layers, love great cardstock washi tape and all ;O)

froebelsternchen said...

Wow --- that's simply a fantastic collage dear Elizabeth!
I would love to join spring in Paris as well - and I would even more love spring arriving now here at my corner of the planet! Just 3 degrees over zero today and no sun but the dogs and I decided to go on a long walk nevertheless as we three are alone at home the whole day.
Happy Saturday my friend! WOW - you made an extraordinary beautiful collage for our Spring theme - thanks a lot my friend.
oxo Susi

Rike said...

This is a wonderful collage, because you used some recycled things like wrapping paper, washi tapes and cardstock - all received from friends! Fabulous stamp of the Eiffel Tower!
Wish you a happy day! Rike

chrissie said...

Fantastic ideas on this page Elizabeth. Many years ago I was in Paris in the Springtime so it brought back memories for me

Love Chrissie xx

My name is Erika. said...

That Eiffel Tower image looks so nice on that paper. I love your page. You do know how to layer paper. Paris would nice to visit right now. If only I was independently wealthy so I could skip off at a moment's or so notice. Hee-hee. Of course once again you have my humming that Sinatra oldie-the one about Paris in the springtime. :) Happy Saturday my friend. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the muted colors of your collage. Like early morning mist. And now I'll be humming the little tune and wishing Springtime would arrive here toute suite.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Beautiful, Elizabeth! I love the muted colors and all the layers.

Jeanie said...

I adore this page, Elizabeth. It speaks to the Paris I know -- loads of texture, beauty, old world elegance. This is a terrific combination of image, paper and words. Very nice indeed!

Meggymay said...

Now this would be a wonderful destination at this time of the year. Its a fantastic page Elizabeth, I love your Eiffel tower stamp and the colour combination looks great.
Yvonne xx

Dianne said...

A very pretty page dear E! Hope you're feeling a bit better, and that the computer problems are cleared up!

Cindy McMath said...

A beautiful page Elizabeth! I loved going to Paris and I did go in the Springtime (at Easter) in 2015. I hope to visit it again some day and maybe spend a bit more than a weekend there. Ok, back to your page! I love the colours you’ve used and the layering. I also think it’s terrific that you’ve used the paper and tape your gifts were wrapped in (and what beautiful wrapping!). Your composition is really well done here and it all adds up to a beautiful page.

Sandra Cox said...

I love the Eiffel Tower stamp. Perfect for this piece.
Wouldn't it be wonderful to see Paris in the spring?

craftytrog said...

A wonderful Paris-themed collage Elizabeth! xx

Anonymous said...

Great page. I can see Gene Kelly dancing away. xox

Lowcarb team member said...

I'm sure Paris in the Spring looks wonderful ...
I do like your art page.

Hoping you are having a good weekend.

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Elizabeth! Your know I love Paris in the Springtime (any time really!!) and your page is the most perfect page! The pink reminds me of the blossom on the trees and the whole page is sheer Parisienne elegance!
We had to order a new car today - we can't risk anything else going wrong with our old one! Aaaagh!!! Hugs, Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh, I love Paris in the Springtime too! I think I'm going to be singing that song all day now ...lol 😉. Your page is gorgeous, it has such a beautiful vintage feel with the papers you used and pretty stamp that you used! So glad you shared your Paris dreams in this amazing page 😁. You captured it beautifully; I've been lucky enough to visit Paris in Springtime as a birthday treat and like your page it is amazing! Wishing you a Happy Weekend dear Elizabeth! J 😊 x

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the layers in this piece. My one trip to Paris (ages ago) was in January lol Paris is wonderful any time!

Rosie said...

Just wonderful

Thank you for joining us at ART JOURNAL JOURNEY