Monday, February 19, 2018

365 Art Challenge: Week 7


Before we begin, I wanted to mention that several people told me they hoped my basketball team won on Saturday night.  Let me explain.  It's an entire weekend of basketball greats and not-so-greats coming together and supporting each other.

👉 Friday began with a game that featured movie, tv, and music stars, as well as other celebrities.  Because the game was played at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA, where both the the LA Lakers and the LA Clippers call home, the teams were called the Lakers and Clippers. One of the players on the Lakers team was the owner of the Minnesota Timberwolves team, which I thought was interesting.

👉 Also on Friday, there was a game between rookies designated Rising Stars from all the teams in the league.  They were classified USA or World, with the World being those NBA players who were born outside the U.S., but now played on one of the teams in the league.  They were all rookies and this was their first All Star Weekend, at least as a player.

👉Saturday night was all about challenges.  First was the skills challenge, then the 3-point play challenge, then the slam/dunk challenge.

👉Sunday night was the All Star Game, which was an exhibition game played by IN THE PAST the star players from the Eastern Conference and the Western Conference.   Since the Lakers are the only team I will ever root for, whether they are in the bottom of the barrel or sitting on top, I always root for the West.   But this year, there was NO East or West, just two team captains who picked their team from players around the league.  It was not as much fun for me, because I had no one to truly root for.  SO sad!

Here are my collages for Week 7.  This 365 something project is hosted in part by Hanna at i Hanna.

In case you missed them, here are the cards I made for Week 6. I post every Monday morning for the previous week.  All of my collages are 4" X 4" (10,16 cm X 10,16 cm).

This week I did something a bit different in that I found a ton of stickers and decided to use them.  This wasn't as easy as I thought it would be because I got (more than) a few of them a bit crooked.  Of course, it didn't help that I was watching the All Star Game while I was making them.

Inspired


Words of encouragement


Butterflies

Floral love

Butterflies and flowers
Save our oceans!
Lily
Thank you for joining me today for week 7 of this 365 day project.   I'm so grateful you dropped by.  Please let me know if you have joined this project and I'll drop by to visit. And feel free to let me know if you like any of these this week.  Personally, i think this is a throw away week!

17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful collages, great idea to use stickers. Glad you enjoyed our basketball games. Hugs, Valerie

Cindy McMath said...

Well Elizabeth, you and I are on the same wavelength with trying to use up supplies, so good for you for finding a good use for all these stickers. I don’t think they need to be completely lined up perfectly, so I thought your composition was just fine. I liked the lilies one the best because I thought the flower images were all so pretty. I can’t have lilies indoors as they cause a big allergy attack! Glad you’re sticking with the project (haha pun wasn’t intended but I realized it as I was typing), and I”m enjoying seeing your weekly collages.

Sami said...

All the collages look pretty Elizabeth, although I preferred the lily stamps.
I avoid lilies at home because their stamens are toxic to cats.
Have a lovely week.

My name is Erika. said...

Interesting about the NBA All-star. I don't watch basketball but I assumed it was the old way with one conference playing the other. Too bad it wasn't as fun. And on the art side, sometimes I think working with things that should make it easy only make it a bit of a challenge. It's the having to think about what to do with them that can become a challenge, sometimes. I think you used your stickers great. Stickers can be fun to play with. Yesterday you asked about who made my elephant stamp. It's from a Sue Wilson India set. If you can find it and want to borrow I can send it off to you. You can let me know. Hope your new week starts off in a good way. Hugs-Erika

nanskidrewski said...

So pretty! Love the purple flowers and all of the butterflies! Happy week!

CJ Kennedy said...

Your collages would make great stickers. My favorite are the Butterflies.

RO said...

I watched a little bit of this, and enjoyed it, but I was more intrigued that people were focused on Fergie and her rendition of The National Anthem. It's so interesting how one thing can change a focus. You already know I adore stickers so Yay! Hugs...and Happy Monday my friend! RO

froebelsternchen said...

I like that you have made use of those stickers - I am thrilled about the last one with those special postage stamps ... and super you could make something while enjoying the basketball games!
What do you want for more? ! Great!
Hope you got my "Co-Admin" news mail....
you mustn't answer... just let me know in one of your next comments when you don't forget dear! ♥♥♥
Susi

froebelsternchen said...

Took the wrong adress - now you should have got it!
oxo Susi

Sandra Cox said...

These are all beautiful. I don't know if I could pick a favorite, but if I did I think it would be Inspired.
Sorry your games weren't as much fun as they usually are.
Hope your day is filled with sunshine and sparkle.

craftytrog said...

Great idea to use up some of your stickers Elizabeth. I have a tonne of them in my stash. I think the lily collage is my favourite.
Have a great week
Alison xx

Jeanie said...

what a fun collection of collages! And boy -- sorry about all the games. My team isn't doing well this year. Big sigh...

Meggymay said...

Thank you for the explanation about the weekends games. I hope you still managed to enjoy watching them.

The collages look lovely and it was a super idea to use the stickers, it would be hard to pick out a favourite.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Elizabeth! You know I love the flower cards, but these are all lovely and I could not possible put one above the other! Thanks for explaining the Basketball weekend! Hugs, Chrisx

Birgit said...

I can’t remember if I wrote anything here:) I love all the pages...they are so pretty and full of life

Marfi-topia said...

love it all, so colorful!

Dortesjs said...

waue GREAT collages...