Friday, November 24, 2017

Remains Provide Hope


Yesterday I cooked a spaghetti squash as a side dish for Thanksgiving.  It turned out wonderful and I probably ate more than my share.   When I scooped the seeds out, I decided to save them, thinking I would roast them.  Instead, I decided to plant a few.  When I added the water to the soil, I noticed one of the seeds floated to the top.  So I combined my love of gardening with my love of photography, and decided this would be my contribution to Art Every Day Month (AEDM) today. 

From the remains of a spaghetti squash side dish came a seed of hope.


For Day 24 of AEDM, I potted seeds from my spaghetti squash and photographed the planting.  Even though my keyboard still only works about 1 out every 30ish times I try to strike a letter, I appreciate your visit today for this very short post as I prepare to avoid Black Friday and bring out my Christmas decorations.  Again, I am SO glad you stopped by to visit.

13 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I hope your seed will grow and flourish! Hugs, Valerie

Love Affair with Food said...

Hoping that your seed will flourish. Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!

pearshapedcrafting said...

C'mon little seed - you can do it!!!
Sorry to hear you are still having troubles with your keyboard - I'm sure you have thought of this, but T says check under all of the keys, there may be a dust ball! He says sometimes keys can be lifted off to look! Have you tried blowing with a straw? I told him that your house would have NO dust in it!!! Hugs, Chrisxx

CJ Kennedy said...

What a lovely thought for the day.

froebelsternchen said...

Plant a seed so your heart will grow!
Happy weekend my girlfriend!
hugs
Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Lovely idea and a great way to combine your love of gardening and photography! Wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊

Divers and Sundry said...

What a fun idea! I'll be interested in seeing whether or not you get plants out of this.

sheila 77 said...

It's always fun to use seeds you have collected. We do this with several plants, especially with annuals like Nicandra and poppies.
I hope by now your keyboard is behaving itself. Thanks for taking the trouble to visit Orange E. even with a dickie (sticky?) keyboard.
My suggestions to add to Chris's - turn it upside down and give it a good shake and then make sure the connections are firm. (I expect you have already done that).
love
Sheila

carol l mckenna said...

Love how the seed floated to the top ~ do hope it sprouts and grows divinely ~ ^_^

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Meggymay said...

I hope your little seed will bring you a healthy plant. A super post to read Elizabeth.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

It is fascinating to see seeds germinate and grow. Never knowing if they will pop up, but when the do, watching the new plant grown. I find that at school most kids are fascinated by the process and I can see why. Good luck with your spaghetti squash. I can't wait to see when it grows and if you get more little squash. I thought about my seeds when I made my acorn squash, but the I baked the whole thing (before I cleaned it to make cleaning easier) and I am sure the oven heat wrecked the seeds. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

I love how you saw it -- and then you didn't leave it but photographed too. I'll look forward to hearing how your squash does!

Kate Yetter said...

How fun. And Clever! I hope you will share the progress of your spaghetti squash seed.
Kate