Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Pre-Thanksgiving Advice


Today I have some pre-Thanksgiving advice for those of you who plan to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal.

Who in the world would want to kill this majestic Tom?  Certainly not me.

So I suggest you eat your veggies and the lovely Tom can live another year.

I started this spread by laying down the dregs of my orange acrylic craft paint I've watered down to the consistency of watercolors.  The beautiful bird was found in my stash.  For the left side, I sewed two paint chip samples together, along with the bowl of food.  I used my white Gelly Roll pen to write the sentiment.



For Day 22 of AEDM, I created a pre-Thanksgiving spread in my Challenges altered book.  I want to thank each of you for joining me today, because you make me thankful to know you, even if it's in cyberspace.

17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I am sure the veggies are a lot healthier! I do eat meat and fish, but wouldn't if I had to kill them myself. Is your keyboard repaired? Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh dear Elizabeth - I fear I may not be in your 'good books' when I post later today! Although we often have veggie meals we do eat poultry and fish quite a lot, we stopped eating beef and lamb years ago but still love bacon! I grew up in a farming community and often had encounters with turkeys and geese - both can be quite aggressive but yes I agree majestic at times! I hope your keyboard is fixed by now!Don't work too hard today! Hugs, Chrisx

CJ Kennedy said...

I'm not a big fan of turkey. Tried to convince Himself dinner would be nicer with home-made macaroni instead, but that idea didn't fly.

Jeanie said...

I was relieved when our host said she was serving trout. And who knows what Kevin will come up with for Family TG on Sunday, but by then, he'll probably be sick of turkey. It's not my favorite but I suspect we'll make a mini-TG dinner somewhere along the way for the turkey-deprived Rick. So long as I don't have to eat the leftovers!

My name is Erika. said...

I happen to really like turkey but don't get it very often. I wish so many weren't raised the way they are though. I feel terrible for them. If we were hunters I might actually go out and shoot one of the wild ones that seem to be everywhere in my town, but first of all I am NOT a hunter and second of all, I would feel TERRIBLE actually killing something. We don't even have guns in the house, and neither the hubby or myself want one. But we do have a lot of wild turkeys in my town. Seems you can't drive anywhere and not see them. I appreciate your sentiment today, and I do like the big tom on your page. Nice job. Have a great non-turkey day. Hugs-Erika

Gaby Bee said...

I would prefer all kinds of vegetables. I do not know Tom, but like CJ Kennedy, I'm not a big turkey fan either.

Happy November!
Gaby xo

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

lol, Elizabeth. You mean we shouldn't gobble till we wobble?

RO said...

Of course those veggies are a whole bunch healthier. I have some leftover greens that I'll add to my cheeseburger meal tomorrow. I love the fall colors and the way your work ties in with the Thanksgiving theme. That turkey is pretty big! Hugs and hope your day is as wonderful as you! Hugs...RO

Divers and Sundry said...

It'll be turkey breast here, but we'll also have veggies. I don't actually have many vegetable recipes, though.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Nancy said...

That turkey image is wonderful and impressive! Enjoy your veggie feast.

froebelsternchen said...

I love this beautiful spread Elizabeth!
I am with you - vegetarian dishes can be so delicious if they are well cooked and maybe much better and healthier for us - but from time to time I really like meat and I wouldn't mind roast turkey filled with apples for tomorrow, even though we hav no Thanksgiving here - but since my family is out tomorrow I will have my veggie soup instead - and that is for sure better for my weight -lol!
oxo
Susi

A fantastic spread ELizabeth- hope you have sorted your keyboard problems.♥♥♥

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu N squiggles.....pleez ta tell Elizabeth we can think oh
bout 100 ree crootz who wood !! ☺☺


......happee pie N spudz day....see ya next week ♥♥

Darla said...

Like your page. Like the idea of one altered book for Challenges too. Somehow I missed that before. We will only be 4 at the table tomorrow so I'm not doing the traditional big meal. I will miss it. Funny, I'm not overly fond of the "old fashioned" way of cooking (think sweet potatoes with marshmallows, LOL) but I miss seeing it all set out on the table. It is fun to have a big family meal where everyone brings side dishes... once a year.

Marfi-topia said...

This is a lovely page Elizabeth. He certainly looks very majestic.
such warm thanksgiving-ish colors too!
hugs!

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous page and I agree that vegetables are tasty, good for us, healthy meals are delicious.
But, I am rather partial to turkey at Christmas.
For our meal tomorrow it will be mushrooms stuffed with cheese, so I will spare a thought for all the turkeys brought to the table for those celebrating Thanksgiving.
Yvonne xx

Cindy McMath said...

Wonderful page Elizabeth.

NatureFootstep said...

strange, I thought I had comment on this one.
When I was a chidl I was afraid of them, so it took many years before I coudl try to eat them :) But now I do.