Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving to all my U.S. friends and happy Thursday to everyone else


Today is Thanksgiving if you live in the United States.

Created by me in 2015
I am so grateful you stopped by today, whether you came because you like to see what I've made, or whether it's a habit you have gotten into.  Regardless, I am giving thanks that you stopped by to celebrate with me.

This is a day when families gather to give thanks. Prayer, in the form of grace is often given before the meal.

Originally celebrated as a religious holiday for giving thanks to God for helping the Pilgrims make it through the first year at Plymouth Colony, Thanksgiving now includes such events as the Presidential pardoning of two turkeys (although THIS President may fire both), the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, and a gathering of family for a traditional Thanksgiving meal, making it one of the busiest travel days of the year.  I am also traveling, so won't be around to visit until much later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanksgiving is also a celebration of the harvest and a day to watch a favorite football team.   That's AMERICAN football, not to be confused with what we call soccer.

So enjoy today, eat veggies and pumpkin pie instead of turkeys, maybe even do the turkey trot, then prepare yourself for BLACK FRIDAY!

However and wherever you spend it, have a safe, happy, and thankful holiday or a beautiful and joyous Thursday.


This is Day 23 of AEDM and I have scheduled this post, although I plan to link to AEDM.  Again, I am very thankful for each of you, my friends, followers, and readers, both silent and vocal!

19 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

Happy thanksgiving, Elizabeth (and boys) I hope you enjoy your day.

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy Thanksgiving, have a great day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Happy Thanksgiving - enjoy your trip!
Your beautiful Mixed Media card is fabulous!
Thank you for being a friend! -
oxo Susi

Dortesjs said...

Beautiful card, enjoy your trip and happy thanks giving to you

NatureFootstep said...

hm. somehow I wonder why all images are from the past? Well, we don´t have that celebration, yet!
Love the first one. The still life,

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page makes a beautiful centerpiece. Safe travel and have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

My name is Erika. said...

Nice art today Elizabeth. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your day with your friends. Hugs-Erika and of course Happy Thanksgiving

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy Thanksgiving! That card you made is the perfect thing to get out every year for the season. But I might be tempted to display it year-round. A good reminder every day :)

Thanks for all you do.

TammyVitale said...

Lovely post - I came because I managed to write a blog and post it on AEDM and am visiting everyone since I haven't for the rest of the week. And yes, I'm getting used to it.

I hope your travels are safe and your holiday lovely.

Re Black Friday and football - skipping both. ;) Better things to do.

craftytrog said...

Wonderful artwork, and a happy Thanksgiving to you Elizabeth! xx

Darla said...

Hope you are enjoying your Thanksgiving Day. I'm grateful to call you a friend, doesn't matter a bit that we are miles apart.

Jeanie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Elizabeth! I hope you can be thankful for a working keyboard again! Meanwhile, safe travels my friend and I hope your day and holiday weekend is beautiful.

Meggymay said...

Happy Thanksgiving Elizabeth. I hope you are having a lovely day.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Happy Thanksgiving dear Elizabeth! It was so interesting to find out where this holiday originated, thanks for sharing 😁. I'm thankful to have met you here in blog-land land, have a great time! J 😊

pearshapedcrafting said...

Being vocal here and raising my voice to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Have a safe journey and a great time! Thank you for being my friend! Hugs,Chrisx

Rita said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! :)

Cindy McMath said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Elizabeth! That is a cool canvas you made in 2015. I don’t remember seeing it so I’m thankful you posted it again.

Dianne said...

Hope your Thanksgiving was a wonderful cozy day! Love the beautiful collage on the easel, and the vintage images you've shared. hugs ♥

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

A belated Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Elizabeth. Your nature collage is lovely.