Thursday, October 19, 2017

Finishing my rusty altered tip-in book


As I was finishing my rusty altered book, it occurred to me I may have never shown this on my blog.  It's so old, the photos were taken with my old camera.

Rust is everywhere!

It shows I played with friends.  We each picked our own theme and of course, I chose rust.  This was the first swap I was in, not the latest one.

Yes, I sewed, even back then.  I see my tension was better then, too!


I don't even remember where I got this head for my rusty dancing lady, but I really like her face.


I don't remember all the materials I used, but I know I rusted the dancing lady and added rusty fabric, two rusty nails, more fabric, a key, corrugated cardboard, thread, and various found papers.

Thanks for joining me today as I finish putting this Rust Swap altered book to bed.  All that's left is to decorate the covers of my 3-ring book I've placed my swap items in.

22 thoughtful remarks:

Jeannette said...

wonderful page,love the rusty look.


hugs jenny

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the idea of a rusty, dancing lady. I feel rusty myself, I always need time when I get up before I can move in the mornings, it must be the rust! Have a fun day, hug, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

What a beautiful rusty page this is - just WONDERFUL in every little detail! ADORABLE!!!
I hope you will also show the three ring binder if all is finsished!
I wish you a happy day my friend!
oxo Susi

RO said...

Who knew you could come up with such beauty and creativity with rust? Amazing work Elizabeth! Hugs...RO

My name is Erika. said...

Cool pages. They look very rusty and perfect! I love that face you added and the body. It makes such a cool image! And adding the nails and the cloth is a great addition too. The book has your name written all over it. I'm glad you shared Elizabeth. Hugs-Erika

Dortesjs said...

awsome love the rust effect..great

CJ Kennedy said...

I've never thought about rust being beautiful or arty. Thanks for opening my eyes to the color and texture. I like the metaphor of the dancing lady. The face still young while the rusted body still dances. No? Maybe I'm just feeling my age this morning.

kathyinozarks said...

fun page I love rust dyeing have not done it for years now

Nancy said...

What is it that is so appealing about rusted fabric? I don't know, but it looks great in this book.

Sami said...

I like the rusty fabric and the face is indeed lovely.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love that dancing lady! I think the crossed nails at the bottom set her off nicely :)

Meggymay said...

She is a beautiful rusty lady. Your book will be awesome and hold many pages where you can remember sharing the challenge with your friends.
Yvonne xx

Jo Murray said...

I SO love rusty stuff and your book is very impressive.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

this is a very nice piece Elizabeth; great job though I bet you wont get
any contractors asking to use those nails !!! ☺☺♥♥ offline for a few so happy weekend ~~~~

Kate Yetter said...

So much rusty goodness! I love the nails wrapped in fabric and the rusty dancing lady! What a beautiful book! I hope you show the inside. I would love to see it!
Kate

Cindy McMath said...

Wonderful page Elizabeth - I really do love the way you use rust in your art work.

craftytrog said...

Ooh!!! I adore your rusty art Elizabeth! xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Your rusty page is lovely with those rusty nails and fabric! Your lady's face is beautiful too 😁. Hope you are having a great day! J 😊

Anonymous said...

And I know you wore gloves and were careful around the rust. I will never forget those lessons from you regarding rust and the blood stream. I must say my romance with rust was short lived...not enough color for me as you might guess. Wonderful piece. xox

pearshapedcrafting said...

Rusty dancing lady sounds a bit like me but I see she is far more beautiful! Pleased you have finished assebmig your book! Hugs,Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Er...assembling...your book!

Jeanie said...

I don't think you have shown it on the blog. I love the colors and tone of the book. It's really so beautiful and what an accomplishment -- finally finished!