Sunday, June 25, 2017

Aunt Millie


I'm once again joining Wendy, this fortnight's host at Tag Tuesday.  And because I used some numbers in this tag, I'm also joining Try it on Tuesday.

I carefully checked the Tag Tuesday blog for size constrictions, and when I found none, I created this large tag that incorporates a smaller tag as part of the layout. 

The texture begins at the top with a piece of corrugated cardboard I dipped in the same walnut ink I colored everything else.  I was really amazed at how different substrates and materials took the walnut ink differently.

Aunt Millie (one of TH's faux relatives) was sewn to the smaller tag then placed over two doilies

that were also dipped in the same walnut ink.  The washi tape didn't get any walnut ink.

The clock number sits on a textured sand paint chip sample.  I stapled the paint chip sample to the tag.

I must have taken twenty photos of "Aunt Millie," then I realized it was not my camera, but the image that wasn't in focus.

I stapled more corrugated cardboard to the bottom of the tag.  I apparently ran out of gold staples because they suddenly turned that steel color of regular staples.

I admit this has been one of my favorite entries I have created in a long time.

Materials used include corrugated cardboard, S&H green stamps, two doilies, washi tape, a clock number, a paint chip sample, staples, a faux family member, fancy fibers, and two tags I cut from used file folders.  Most everything was colored using walnut ink.


Don't forget to visit Tag Tuesday, where Wendy's theme is texture.







And don't forget to visit Try it on Tuesday, where their current theme is Numbers and/or Letters.

You'll find me at both places.  Thanks for visiting today, because I'm especially proud of this tag.

24 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a gorgeous tag, really, really EXTRA gorgeous! We don't have any size constrictions at TT, we don't have many rules at all. This is one of my all time fave creations from you, so thanks a lot for that, and for joining us at TIOT as well. It's cooler here now, and I'm feeling almost human again....Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

A stunning tag with lots of texture Elizabeth. I can see you enjoyed make ng this one and the other textured one as well

Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday and TagTuesday

Love Chrissie xx

Rosie said...

A gorgeous tag, Elisabeth

Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

froebelsternchen said...

An AMAZING tag is this Elizabeth! Fabulous!
Thank you for joining us at TioT's!
Hppy Sunday!
Forgot to mention that it was all right at the dentist - nothing to do for her.
I was really happy !

artbyjune said...

Beautiful tag with excellent textures!

Helen said...

Great tag, love the texture.
(You have definitely seen both the statues before, but a long time ago!)

CJ Kennedy said...

What a fun tag! Great color and texture. The photo looks so 1950s or 1960s. And I bet Auntie Millie collected S & H Green Stamps. Bet she traded them in for a tea set.

Sami said...

Looks beautiful Elizabeth! Love the walnut hues.

Nancy said...

This turned out beautifully! I love the corrugated cardboard texture, doilies, and green stamps with Aunt Millie. Green stamps- wherever did you find those??

Caterina Giglio said...

I can see why it is your favorite, Dr. E, just amazing work, stitches and cardboard and S & H green stamps! really brilliant, well done! Hope your Sunday and your week are exceptional ... x

nanskidrewski said...

Love the tag, so much texture and thought to create a beautiful tag! Really creative and fun!

Cindy McMath said...

Another gorgeous tag Elizabeth! Wow, I love this. It's so beautifully composed, and your stitching adds a nice touch. I love the photo of Aunt Millie too! I love all of the texture you've added here - especially the corrugated cardboard. And gold staples! I dindn't even know there was such a magical thing.

kathyinozarks said...

I love your tag-and wow S&H green stamps I have not seen them since I was kid at home when Mom saved them to buy mostly camping gear-can't believe you have those lol Love all the textures too

Meggymay said...

Auntie Millie looks so happy. Its a fantastic tag and the layering is great, it has so many interesting details.. Thank you for joining us all at TioT's
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

What a pretty, retro tag! :)

Marjut said...

Very beautiful tag. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love Aunt Millie! I love that photo and all the varied textures and such you surrounded her with. I think this would be a fun way to display small photos to enlarge them a bit so they'd fit in a standard modern frame.

My name is Erika. said...

I don't which of your tags I like better-they are both full of texture and really nice work. Hugs-Erika

Rika said...

Beautiful tag, love the design.

Jeanie said...

Aunt Millie, the tape measure and all the textures work so well here, Elizabeth. Very nice indeed.

Sandy said...

Love your tag and those S&H green stamps sure do bring back memories. YES I saved them - what fun it was too!!
We have been out of town for almost 3 weeks so I am terribly behind in my commenting and have decided not to try and keep up.
Sandy xx

Dianne said...

this is an awesome tag! loved seeing the S & H green stamps...my mom used to collect those. beautifully put together...♥

pearshapedcrafting said...

I don't know how I came to miss this fabulous Tag Elizabeth(and I have just realised I haven't see your ICADs either!)! I love that you realised it wasn't your camera but the image that was blurred! Thank you for joining us at Try It on Tuesday! Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous tag, you have created so much detail and lovely layers - I love it! I enjoyed learning how you made it too 😀. Have a great day and week! J 😊