Monday, March 6, 2017

T Stands For Bishop's Buffet


My friend Sally and I were out and about a few weeks ago, and we ran into all kinds of traffic congestion and detours.  I took lots of photos, but I will share those later.  Today I'm taking you

to Bishops, a buffet both Sally and I love.  It's the red roof building on the right of the photo above.

Unfortunately, there was no easy way to get there.


Instead, we had to take a very convoluted trip around the entire building

and I got to take photos from all sides.

We finally got to the front of the building.


This was where you pay as you walk in.   One thing about this place is, once you pay, everything, including your drink, is included.  And it may look empty, but this is a huge place and many people were seated to the right behind the wall to the back of the cash register, while a large party of women were sequestered behind the fireplace in the middle of the room.

You have to walk past everything in reverse order to how you order it.  Here is the ice cream machine, but I got too full before I got that far.

Next it was time to head to the other end


past the coffee,

tea, water, and soft drinks.

Next, you were tempted by all that pie

and various other desserts.

Sally was choosing various salads, and I knew she would also get some jello, too.

The entrees were too numerous to mention.

I was partially finished with my plate of potatoes when it hit me I had not taken a photo of my meal.

Sally and I got a bit carried away with the choices we had.  I love their mashed potatoes, because you can tell they are made from real potatoes.  Yes, I ate every bit of these dishes except the rind on the squash.

Now it's your turn to share a drink related post.  The rules are extremely simple.  Your drink related post may be anything from a photo of a glass, cup, or mug, to an actual drink, or even a sketch or a digital, hybrid, or traditional page in your scrapbook, art journal, or altered book.  Maybe you'd prefer to share a tag, or photography.  You might choose a postcard or decorated card.  Or perhaps you prefer to review a place you visited, a movie or book.  It makes no difference as long as it's somehow drink related.  Please tie it back here, and please link only to your post, not your entire blog.  When you link, Bleubeard, the T gang, and I will be by to visit.   Bleubeard would also like to remind you that your photos may be taken any time, even last year, if you choose.  It looks like Mr. Linky is behaving, too.





24 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks like a great place to enjoy eating lots of different foods, what fun! Better not to go there everyday, though! At the moment I eat at the hospital each day, and the food is wonderful! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

this really Looks HUGE! i think i would start with the Dessert department;)
hope all is fine with you again! xox

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my goodness, I think I may have started with the icecream and desserts as I wouldn't have been able to walk past them ... ha-ha! What an amazing place to eat, your table sure was full and I'm very impressed by all those healthy choices. It looks like Sally decided on the green jello in the end and I have my eye on that chocolate pie in the centre of the table :-). Thanks for sharing your fantastic buffet, Happy T Day! J :-)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Oh my, I wouldn't know where to begin with so many choices laid out before me. You ladies were very disciplined about taking just a little of your faves.

Happy T-day, Elizabeth! I hope this post means you're feeling fine again. Hugs, Eileen

Meggymay said...

Oh my, this looks a huge place to eat out in.
It would be hard to choose what to have, everything on your table looked delicious. But I really was drawn to the counter with all the desserts.
I hope you are feeling much better now Elizabeth.
Happy T day.
Yvonne xx

Lisca said...

What a peculiar way of ordering... desert and coffee first then your main meal and then the entree. Weird. But it all looks very yummy. A very nice spread indeed.
It was worth driving round the building I believe. It looks a really lovely place.
Happy T-Day
Lisca

pearshapedcrafting said...

Looks like a great place to have a range of choices! I am guessing you can go back for seconds if something is especially delicious? We have been to a World Buffet a couple of times recently (Woops! Still no photos!) and you can go back as many times as you wish! It's easy to make good choices as the salad selection is really good! Hope you are feeling better! Hugs, Chrisx

Linda Kunsman said...

oh wow- that is a huge selection to have to choose from!! It all looks so good too, but I just can't do buffets like this or I get sick :( I must eat smaller portions at one time. My hubby LOVES this kind of dining though:) Thanks for sharing about town along with a favorite place of yours. Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

That is a whole lot of yummy looking food! I am a fan of pie and boy that is a lot of choices. How to chose? What do you recommend? It looks like you had a fun lunch out and that restaurant looks like it would be worth the visit. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

Halle said...

I can't think of a buffet around here anymore...they all have closed. My kids are sad...they loved going to the buffet. Getting to make choices and eating random components of meals. :) Of course this was always with the grandparents...mom has a little something to say about eating tacos shells and ice cream.

Carol said...

I love going to places like that... I always end up eating to much but love every bite of it ♥

Rita said...

I am always stuffed when I go to buffet places--but you want to get your money's worth--LOL! Looks like a wide variety there. No wonder you like it. :)

CJ Kennedy said...

Wow! That place is huge! Looks like it was well-worth the detour around the building. Something for everyone. I think I'd get hung up at the dessert bar. Is that chocolate cream pie?

Bailey Jones said...

Wow, this looks like how I imagine America.

chrissie said...

That looks like quite some place Elizabeth and what a of food on the table. It all looks so colourful and the cakes in the cabinet are scrumptious looking.

I hope you are feeling a lot better.

Happy T Day

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

I would get nervous there - not knowing with what to start first! Lol!
Great place to eat!
Thank you for sharing Elizabeth!
Happy T-Day!

~*~Patty S said...

What a great selection and fun photo of your lunches E.
That was quite a pie palooza too with so many temptations.
The baked squash seems a unique offering and I bet it was tasty too.
With a lunch like that I bet you didn't need much dinner.
Happy T Day oxo

Darla said...

We don't have many strictly buffet style places in our area. Some places do offer a choice of buffet or regular menu meals. I think I would have thrown caution to the wind and dined strictly on pie. I do like a good piece of pie and their selection looks so tempting.

Krisha said...

I do like a good buffet, but I always, always eat way too much when it is all you can eat (I know you read my post and know just how much I CAN eat..LOL)
This place looks so nice and clean, and the food...... Oh my, like the rest I doubt I could have gotten past the pie!..........and THAT is my main reason to stay away from buffets as much as possible......LOL!

Happy T-day

Dianne said...

Oh, this place makes me smile for a couple of reasons: One- Bishop is my maiden name, and it's kind of strange to see that name on a restaurant! Two- there is a Bishop's buffet in Panama City Beach, Fla., where we just finished our vacation. But in Feb., when we always visit, it isn't open! it opens in March when the spring break students arrive, and we are always heading home. Looks like they have fabulous desserts! thanks for taking us along today! hugs!

Divers and Sundry said...

Wow! What a feast!

I couldn't help but sympathize with the difficulty getting to the building. I look at places with an eye on walkability and pedestrian-friendly infrastructure, and I don't think that environment would suit me at all lol!

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Oh My! What a lunch!!

Bailey Jones said...

I have joined in writing around a photo of a glass but I don't actually know what a T day is. Could you enlighten me. Thank you.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning and Happy T day but on a thursday lol just now getting to the computer this morning.
You always seem to find cool place to dine! loving all the photos too
Kathy