Thursday, March 30, 2017

Out and about in my town


I have had my camera with me every day for the past three weeks, and have taken countless photos of places I have been, including trips to two different museums, and three workshops.  But I will save these for another time, because spring has finally arrived in my area. 

And of course, the weather has now turned bad and I am sick as a dog.













After awhile, I got tired of taking photos of gated communities and their various walls.

I was truly hoping for some great springtime shots.

It was then that I realized I had to shoot outside the walls.




Here was a community that was not gated, but blocked from prying eyes by block walls.

This is another community that doesn't have a gate you have to pass through to enter.

I love how these walkways meander among the flowering trees.




Believe it or not, these grasses don't change to green, but stay brown.




I've never much cared for the way this development landscaped their area.


But at least you see we've nearly reached our destination.

Thanks for joining me today as I shared photos of springtime in my city.

23 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

the trees are truly beautiful. but you are still sick - have you seen your doctor about it yet, you've been ill for some time?

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad that spring has arrived at your place at last, but it's not good that you are still feeling sick. Hope you soon feel better, take good care of yourself. Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Great to have a trip around your area and I can't believe it is opposite to where I live. I could never live behind a gated wall I am too nosey. I wonder what the people behind the walls have to hide? It is great that there are open spaces and flowering trees as well so not all closed in

Thank you for sharing your area

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

Thank you for taking me with you for a trip around your area Elizabeth! I love the blooming trees - they make spring!
The gates are for security?! If the people feel safer so - it is good for them I guess.
I so hope you feel better soon, take good care of you Sweetie!
Get well soon!
oxo Susi

kaybee said...

Thank you for the tour! Springtime is my most favourite time of year. Sorry to hear you are still poorly, and hope you feel better very soon. Kay x

Gibby Frogett said...

I love to be able to travel with you and your photos Elizab
eth and feel I've been somewhere. Lots of lovely trees on bloom :) With the way the world is, I like the idea of the gated communities to feel more safe.
Hope you feel better soon..
Gill xx

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Thank you for your tour love to see your photos and beautiful show of flowering trees. x

My name is Erika. said...

Wow- you have real spring. And leaves. We have another major snow storm coming tomorrow night and Saturday so it both good to see there is hope and you have spring but bad because I think we might be going right into summer this year. No spring I guess. Love seeing the green and the leaves and the views. have a great day. Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

Hope you are just sick because the weather is preventing you from getting out in your garden!!! If that's not the case then get well soon!! I have loved seeing photos of your area and it is looking so green now! Dashing off now! Hugs, Chrisx

CJ Kennedy said...

So nice to see things greening up. Just when I think it's going to happen here, we get another snow storm. Hope you're feeling better.

Caterina Giglio said...

So sorry to hear that you are ill, E, and I am sending you well wishes and speedy recovery! Very grateful to flowering trees and bushes that you posted, I miss Fort Collins about now, with all the flowering trees bushes and bulbs popping out all over, we are going straight to summer, my day lilies are already budding.. take care of yourself! x

Anonymous said...

Rotten time to be feeling ill. I hope you recover soon. Glorious flowering in your area, snow on the way for us tomorrow, so not wishing for this, but the sun is shining now. Hope it sends some get well warmth your way. xox

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm not a fan of gates and walls. Living behind them seems like it would feel like jail :(

I hope you're better soon. Spring wants you outside and feeling good. And we need garden photos ;)

Birgit said...

Love your pics especially the trees! Those 3 white flowering trees are beautiful. The gated communities always feel weird to me, like they are more special than us wee folk and that they live in fear..oh well. I'm sorry to hear how sick you are, If you don't get better the a trip to the Doctor is in order. Peppermint Tea really calms the head so i hope you have some...plus Vicks Vapor Rub

Let's Art Journal said...

I loved seeing springtime in your city, the flowering trees are so beautiful and there is such a wonderful variety of blossom colours too! We are the same here with the weather, we had lovely sunshine at the start of the week and now it seems the rain has set in after a day of sunshine and showers. Let's hope the weather improves soon. Take care and enjoy the rest of your week! J :-)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu & squiggles.....spring time heer iz in itz dunno stage....dunno if itz winter....dunno if itz spring !! ☺☺♥♥

nanskidrewski said...

Love that blossoms are on the trees. Feel better.

Linda Kunsman said...

what fabulous photos! Spring sure has sprung in your area! So sorry to hear how ill you are. The nasty stuff in the air has had many - including myself-struggling with it for two weeks or more. Do get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids.

Meggymay said...

It was a lovely trip around your neighbourhood to see all the spring greenery. I was really surprised at the gated communities, not something we have many of, here in the N.E. of the UK. There is one I've seen, but the gated never seem to be closed.
Sorry to read you haven't been so well again. I hope you will be feeling better soon, get plenty rest and relax.
Yvonne xx

Sandy said...

I can tell you are have loads of fun!!
sandy xx

Sami said...

How great that Spring is arriving in your corner of the world, love those flowered trees.
Hope you get better soon Elizabeth.

Jeanie said...

Oh Elizabeth, I hope by the time you read this (since I'm a day or two late), that you are fully recovered and felling much better. I enjoyed your tour around town!

Rita said...

Sorry you've been sick. Me, too. :(
Nice photos, though, of your area.
Hope you're feeling better soon.